Survey help - Scottish Christian Party post election

Rosscubed

Firstly, 

Thanks to all of you who have completed the survey, got over 200 responses now, and although it's anonymous some of the P&B flavour does come across in the results..

Secondly, for clarity - I helped to draft the survey, (and to my shame misspelled "defence"), and I am collating the responses.

I am a Christian, but I'm not a member of the SCP, and I've not voted for them either, for reasons which have been covered quite well in some of the responses here, and on the survey. Hopefully the feedback will be well received. 

Done, although I'm cynical that the Scottish Christian Party will listen to a single criticism given to them. They've not done so ever since "Rev" Hargreaves started his vanity engine & I don't see matters changing any time soon.

Still, miracles do happen - if Leicester, Hibs & Beith can achieve the impossible in one year, perhaps the Christian Party will see the light, & appreciate why there's lots of successful Christian Democrat parties across Europe whereas their effort outside the Celtic bible belts are regarded as pariahs.

This resonates with where I am coming from, whether the feedback will be taken on board or not, I don't know but it's a direction that I think they should be considering.

PS I was surprised to find out the George "So Macho" Hargreaves has nothing to do with the SCP or the UKCP any longer, seemingly they parted ways years ago - only found that out earlier this month.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm glad that there's no real tradition of a Christian right wing in this country in the sense they have in the States, as regardless of the born agains being a minority they seem to have a disproportionate negative influence on politics over there.

I'll defend anyone's right to believe what they choose however nonsensical it seems with the proviso they don't try to force it on me or society in general, but it crosses a line when they've clearly failed to convince by means of the message of their mythos and subsequently turn to politics in order to potentially turn their concept of morality into legislation which would also bind those who frankly don't give a shit what their deity ostensibly decreed millennia ago.

Having dipped into this particular lot's manifesto, they're so hopelessly out of touch with the prevailing social mores - a party that wants to party like it's 1949 - they'll never be anywhere near mainstream. They'd better have stocked up on pieces of silver for the deposits they're going to lose.

Wasn't there two Scottish Christian parties at one point.

A proddy one which is the one above and kafflick one with some connection to some renegade Irish priest who was doing some gig on the third secret of Fatima.

Think Bruce Willis had some distant connection to them.

Wasn't there two Scottish Christian parties at one point.

A proddy one which is the one above and kafflick one with some connection to some renegade Irish priest who was doing some gig on the third secret of Fatima.

Think Bruce Willis had some distant connection to them.

I believe that a few years ago there was another party called the Christian Peoples Alliance, standing in the Scottish elections, I'm not sure if it was particularly Catholic oriented or not though.

The SCP certainly seems to have a strong Highland Presbyterian flavour.

I believe that a few years ago there was another party called the Christian Peoples Alliance, standing in the Scottish elections, I'm not sure if it was particularly Catholic oriented or not though.

Splitters!!!

I think Kinky Cardinal Keith O'Brien was a fan of the CPA as opposed to the CPA being fans of his.

That might be why they were linked in GlenConnor's head

Hi folks, my cousin stood for the Scottish Christian party in the recent elections.

They didn't really do very well, and in fact have lost a bit of ground on previous results, so they've got a 10 question survey to try and help them understand a) how aware the public is of them as a party, and b) what the impressions of folks are of them 

The survey should take about 5 minutes, you don't need to be a Christian to complete it, you don't need to have voted in the most recent elections, you just need to have been eligible to vote.

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/LK8H7FW

I realise that asking people to do a survey is only a small step up from wearing a charity tabard and accosting people in the street, so if any of you can be bothered doing it, I would be grateful indeed. Got about 140-odd responses so far, would be good to get up to 200 to help them reach some conclusions...

Cheers

I expect most of these questions, if not all, can be answered with the word 'anal'.

10. What, if anything, would make you more likely to vote for the Scottish Christian Party in a future election?Probably the appearance of God herself on Buchanan Street, failing which, nothing.

Slagged off by a Lib Dem. If that doesn't tell you all you need to know about your cousin's "party" nothing will.

I think Kinky Cardinal Keith O'Brien

Steady here.  I've been called hunners of names on here:

Kinky the boring b*****d

Kinky the bigot apologist

Kinky the Orange idiot

Kinky the Cardinal Keith O'Brien is taking abuse too far ;)

if people were offensively mocking the beliefs, traditions and followers of any other religion they'd be banned from here and someone would no doubt pass the offending posts on to the police in outrage...

In the spirit of experimental inquiry

I've read the Koran . It's rubbish

Let's see what happens

if people were offensively mocking the beliefs, traditions and followers of any other religion they'd be banned from here and someone would no doubt pass the offending posts on to the police in outrage...

I sort of get that but I'd have the same views wrt any Scottish Muslim Party, eg.

My take is that one's religion may inform your politics but not determine them.

There's a big difference between mocking your 'own' religion/background as opposed to that of minority groups.

I sort of get that but I'd have the same views wrt any Scottish Muslim Party, eg.

My take is that one's religion may inform your politics but not determine them.

The Christian Democrats manage to do it quite well - but that's probably down to their more liberal Lutheran tradition compared to our Calvinist hell fire and brimstone types.

Archived