Things You Have Never Done

I have never fully eaten a banana.
I'll take one bite and genuinely boke from the taste.  Stick a single slice of banana in a punch bowl and I'll know instantly that it's in there even if I hadn't actually seen or eaten that slice.  I'm generally known amongst friends as the guy that will eat almost anything, but banana is truly yellow kryptonite to me. 
Strangely, I'm quite fond of dried banana (different taste, nothing to do with texture) and everyone loves banana flavoured food, largely because a foam banana has never seen a real banana in its life.
I don't mind banana bread, in fact I'd go as far as saying it's pretty good.

Don't know what it is with bananas just the very thought is enough to drive me to dry heaving. Wee bit like that with coffee as well, though at least I have actually tasted it.

• 1 month later...

I've never watched Children in Need. Like, I've never even been channel-hopping and discovered it was on. I always seem to remain blissfully ignorant of exactly when it's happening too - the last few years, I've just noticed they've got the one-eyed bear merchandise in the supermarkets, so I knew it was coming at some point, but not exactly when. Do they do a really poor job of advertising the exact date, or is my superpower managing to avoid this?

Also, is it any good? Have I missed decades of quality programming?

10 minutes ago, BFTD said:

I've never watched Children in Need. Like, I've never even been channel-hopping and discovered it was on. I always seem to remain blissfully ignorant of exactly when it's happening too - the last few years, I've just noticed they've got the one-eyed bear merchandise in the supermarkets, so I knew it was coming at some point, but not exactly when. Do they do a really poor job of advertising the exact date, or is my superpower managing to avoid this?

Same here.  When is it this year anyway?

1 minute ago, Hedgecutter said:

Same here.  When is it this year anyway?

I think they've already had it. Asda have this one rail of branded T-shirts & pyjamas that they drag out every year and dump in the same place. Think they've had the same stuff for years. They've definitely had it out at some point since lockdown.

26 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Also, is it any good?

I watched it from the early years, I stopped a while ago.

I get it that it supports vulnerable children across the country, however, there are so many smug celebrities looking  fucking sad that you can tolerate in a lifetime.

Covid-19 has given rise to similar opportunists, I make reference to the Halifax adverts of late and any other bunch of money grabbing b*****ding institutions that want your money.

8 hours ago, BFTD said:

Also, is it any good? Have I missed decades of quality programming?

It and Red nose Day had its moments in the early days, my pal was actually on it this year and his 3 mins were good.

I wouldn't go out your way to watch the whole thing, I get fucked off that some basic things like schools with people with special educational needs are funded by people's generosity and don't have a blank cheque from the government.

But it helps that the p***k who was on Radio 2 has snuffed it and is no longer taking a fee, can't remember his name.

41 minutes ago, 101 said:

It and Red nose Day had its moments in the early days, my pal was actually on it this year and his 3 mins were good.

I wouldn't go out your way to watch the whole thing, I get fucked off that some basic things like schools with people with special educational needs are funded by people's generosity and don't have a blank cheque from the government.

But it helps that the p***k who was on Radio 2 has snuffed it and is no longer taking a fee, can't remember his name.

I think you mean Terry Wogan. He was paid an annual fee by the BBC of about 9k for CiN, but donated it (and more) straight to the charity every year.

2 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I think you mean Terry Wogan. He was paid an annual fee by the BBC of about 9k for CiN, but donated it (and more) straight to the charity every year.

Oh nice one thanks for correcting me. Just as well you can't defame the dead

2 minutes ago, 101 said:

Oh nice one thanks for correcting me. Just as well you can't defame the dead

It's a fairly common belief I think.

IIRC it came out in a FOI request that he had been paid a minimal inflation adjusted fee since he presented the first one, and that he had never renegotiated that contract. He probably could have, and avoided the shite, but I suppose equally it guaranteed another 9k going to the charity

1 minute ago, Mark Connolly said:

It's a fairly common belief I think.

IIRC it came out in a FOI request that he had been paid a minimal inflation adjusted fee since he presented the first one, and that he had never renegotiated that contract. He probably could have, and avoided the shite, but I suppose equally it guaranteed another 9k going to the charity

Yeh I'm sure it was an FOI it might even have been published after he died or not long before he died hence the reason it sticks if he didn't have time to explain.

"Bellend Papercut" is a phrase that should be on the big list of unacceptable phrases, along with "Perineal Tearing", "Toddler V****a", and Semprini.

Edit: none of these would look out of place on the tracklist of a Cannibal Corpse album, possibly put together in a complete sentence.

Edited by BFTD

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

"Bellend Papercut" is a phrase that should be on the big list of unacceptable phrases, along with "Perineal Tearing", "Toddler V****a", and Semprini.

Edit: none of these would look out of place on the tracklist of a Cannibal Corpse album, possibly put together in a complete sentence.

image.gif.710f24a8bbe0ecf24f68f664d52d53af.gif