Gorilla Shooting in Cincinnati

Feel bad for the silverback. Humans put the poor b*****d in a cage, humans then breach the cage and humans kill him for his trouble.

...logic dictates that 1 life of an endangered animal is worth more than 1 of the 7,400,000,000 from the species that are the utter scourge of this planet.

No, feelings dictate that. Gorillas are no more or less special than any other of the millions of species that have inhabited the earth and perished via survival of the fittest.

I assume you don't cry yourself to sleep over those species, nor the species that died out in order for gorillas to exist in their habitat?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gorilla based on raw power. Big Cats are cool AF but they aren't really fighters, too scared of injury and being unable to hunt, whereas the gorilla looks like a right game c**t

Gorillas are largely herbivores, lions have to kill for a living. Gorillas might have more raw power, and opposable thumbs, but lions roll around with a load of razors on their feet and are used to scrapping.

The analogy I'd use is a (vegan) strongman going up against an MMA fighter with knives. The strongman's hope is to catch, smother and pound the MMA fighter quickly, otherwise the MMA fighter picks them apart gradually.

Feel bad for the silverback. Humans put the poor b*****d in a cage, humans then breach the cage and humans kill him for his trouble. I genuinely would swap the kid's life for the gorilla's right now if I could.

INB4 "Wot if it wiz yoor bairn ehhhhhh?" Obviously I'd do anything to save a child of my own, including shooting the gorilla to save them, but 99.9999999% of the human race means absolutely f**k all to me and, from an unbiased perspective, logic dictates that 1 life of an endangered animal is worth more than 1 of the 7,400,000,000 from the species that are the utter scourge of this planet. Same goes for the fuckwit the other week that jumped into a den of fucking lions to commit suicide, yet the lions were murdered and he survived. Good going, humanity.

From the zoo's point of view, I can see why they'd kill the gorilla, so that they don't suffer badly in various ways, but it's sad as f**k.

You would seriously rather a human child die in order to save a gorilla?

This is 100% the fault of the zoo. There isn't any circumstance where any visitor - let alone a wean should be able to access an enclosure. The hounding of the parents is a lot of shite. The zoo caused the death of the gorilla - arseholes. It's the same principle as an airline leaving it easy to open a door 30000 feet up. You'd need to be a daft c**t to open it but it's their responsibility to mitigate for daft c***s.

No, feelings dictate that. Gorillas are no more or less special than any other of the millions of species that have inhabited the earth and perished via survival of the fittest.

I assume you don't cry yourself to sleep over those species, nor the species that died out in order for gorillas to exist in their habitat?

Two different scenarios. Gorillas existed to the detriment of other species thanks to the process of natural selection.

Gorillas and the majority of the species that are endangered worldwide today aren't endangered due to natural selection but due to human interference in one form or another.

Two different scenarios. Gorillas existed to the detriment of other species thanks to the process of natural selection.

Gorillas and the majority of the species that are endangered worldwide today aren't endangered due to natural selection but due to human interference in one form or another.

You could argue that humans exist to the detriment of other species due to natural selection?

I don't get why the full-time mummy brigade are all for hanging paedos, but when a gorilla gets shot for having a bit of a fiddle they're up in arms.

I was thinking this as well - nobody is asking if the gorilla was a potential paedo.

You could argue that humans exist to the detriment of other species due to natural selection?

Bizarre how often people automatically overlook this, as if humans are and always have been somehow removed from the system.

Humans truly are the worst thing to ever happen to this beautiful planet.

Aye right you are. I'd like to see sheep, dugs and antelope trying to build the Queensferry Crossing.

Archived