Transfer Rumours 2016/17

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, we broke our transfer record on an unknown from the French League, and a loan signing of Jason fucking Denayer. 

We've gone past the window and 33-yr old Jermain Defoe is still our only striker. 

Hiya Championship, hiya pal. 

So, we broke our transfer record on an unknown from the French League, and a loan signing of Jason fucking Denayer. 

We've gone past the window and 33-yr old Jermain Defoe is still our only striker. 

Hiya Championship, hiya pal. 

We've?

Denayer and Defoe should do ok in League 2 like...

2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

We've?

Denayer and Defoe should do ok in League 2 like...

In fairness he probably goes to more Sunderland than Stirling games nowadays.

Hard to tell how Denayer will do, strolled it for Celtic but Scottish football :lol:

Joe Hart was going to another country and into a starting slot though. Why go from one bench to another?

Breaking into the Roma first-team shouldn't be a problem for one of the greatest England midfielders of our generation*.

*Allegedly.

7 hours ago, C. Muir said:

Hard to tell how Denayer will do, strolled it for Celtic but Scottish football :lol:

Yup, Van Djik and Wanyama strolled it up here then utterly bombed down South, assume he'll be the same.

Hate to say it but Denayer was class at Celtic and he'll be a great player for Sunderland if he does play - I'd have thought Kone and Djilobodji would be first choice, considering they wouldn't let one leave and spent £8m on the other

What?

Hes the type of person who supports a shite Scottish side, so slates the whole level of football in this country, while supporting an utter no mark English club to make up for it

Hes the type of person who supports a shite Scottish side, so slates the whole level of football in this country, while supporting an utter no mark English club to make up for it

I support a shit Scottish side and they actually make me appreciate the level of Scottish football. The best players to ever come from Arbroath in recent times are guys like Andy Webster and Gavin Swankie ffs.

All the 'great' players I know personally from the school/playing etc have only managed to get a gig at good junior outfits, our players at Arbroath have to come from all over the country.

Hate it when people have a go at the level of football here. There's nothing wrong with it, some cracking players come through it and go on to big things. I personally think it's because England is right on the door step.

You've already mentioned the success of guys like Wanyama and VVD, plenty more examples, plenty of examples the other way as well but that's the same for players coming into our league from different ones too. That's just football.

Denayer done really well here, then as far as I can see done well at Galatasaray and is a Belgian International at only 21. Think he could be a good signing for Sunderland.

45 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I support a shit Scottish side and they actually make me appreciate the level of Scottish football. The best players to ever come from Arbroath in recent times are guys like Andy Webster and Gavin Swankie ffs.

All the 'great' players I know personally from the school/playing etc have only managed to get a gig at good junior outfits, our players at Arbroath have to come from all over the country.

Hate it when people have a go at the level of football here. There's nothing wrong with it, some cracking players come through it and go on to big things. I personally think it's because England is right on the door step.

You've already mentioned the success of guys like Wanyama and VVD, plenty more examples, plenty of examples the other way as well but that's the same for players coming into our league from different ones too. That's just football.

Denayer done really well here, then as far as I can see done well at Galatasaray and is a Belgian International at only 21. Think he could be a good signing for Sunderland.

I like Scottish football, it's completely different to the big time stuff and that's the reason why I like it. But people like you and RandomGuy who absolutely seethe that people on this board support an English team (which is undeniably a better standard of football) are the most tedious people to have a conversation with on here.

11 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Its a shitebag decision which is based entirely on him not wanting to leave his laddish mates in London, spin it whichever way you want, but thats what it is.

My thinking exactly.  He doesn't want to leave his comfort zone.  Shitebag behavior. 

I like Scottish football, it's completely different to the big time stuff and that's the reason why I like it. But people like you and RandomGuy who absolutely seethe that people on this board support an English team (which is undeniably a better standard of football) are the most tedious people to have a conversation with on here.

I don't care who people support, I've argued about this with Standfree in the past sticking up for RabBNesbitt.

Can we all just be thankful that this portion of the bi-annual sky sports wankathon has finished.  They over-emphasise the amount spent in the window by the "greatest league in the world" top league teams & one of them was like a burst fountain on Tuesday (?) when the obscene-ometer passed the £1bn mark.   They then made a comparison table of what was spent in the other "big" leagues in Europe & had a further jizzfest when englandshire were seen to have spent double of the nearest competitor league.  Shower of wa......s.

If you step back & analyse the individual fees' breakdown, the gross overinflation of fees are incredulous.  Championship sides selling players for £15m, yet they try to cherry pick top scottish players for contemptible figures of barely six figure sums.

Hopefully, the bubble will burst with sky - and soon.

We're starting to get EPL managers complaining about having to pay so much for players now.... duh, that's because you've got so much bloody TV money. WTF do they expect, all those Spanish teams just to let them sign players for peanuts when teams like Palace are paying £30M for other EPL players?!? :1eye

Is this obscene amount of money spent on getting these guys over to England not one of the main reasons the national team is a bit of a laughing stock these days?

I've no problem with people who support English sides despite living up here. It's the ones who look down on the football up here that annoy me.

Archived