Edinburgh City

On 19/01/2023 at 11:48, macclyde+ said:

Planning ahead for a day out in Edinburgh end of Feb for a few of the guys. Unfortunately will also be watching the game 😩

Where are best/reasonably prices pubs to eat/drink near the Stadium before the game ?

I went to ‘The Hoppy’ a few streets back from Meadowbank. Pint was around the £4 mark. Not the salubrious surroundings of the City Centre mind but it serves a purpose.

Supposedly a good curry shop - Gautam’s - a block or two before the stadium as well.

2 hours ago, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

I went to ‘The Hoppy’ a few streets back from Meadowbank. Pint was around the £4 mark. Not the salubrious surroundings of the City Centre mind but it serves a purpose.

Supposedly a good curry shop - Gautam’s - a block or two before the stadium as well.

Gautam's is decent and they have started doing some kind of Indian tapas at lunchtimes.  Food in the Safari Lounge isn't cheap but it is really good.

2 hours ago, F.T.I.D said:

Is there any free car parking around the ground? Heading through in the car next Saturday. 

Free car parking? It's Edinburgh :lol:

You might get a space in Marionville Road behind the ground if a) you turn up early and b) Hibs aren't at home

2 hours ago, F.T.I.D said:

Is there any free car parking around the ground? Heading through in the car next Saturday. 

Best bet would be streets around the ground, otherwise park at Ingliston & get the tram to Haymarket, then the 26 bus takes you right to the ground - and past the city centre watering holes.

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/01/2023 at 11:48, macclyde+ said:

Planning ahead for a day out in Edinburgh end of Feb for a few of the guys. Unfortunately will also be watching the game 😩

Where are best/reasonably prices pubs to eat/drink near the Stadium before the game ?

On 20/01/2023 at 08:54, GordonD said:

In that case, the Bellfield Brewery, five minutes away.

Second the Bellfield Brewery shouts. Didn't eat there but other folk in the pub were and the food looked decent. *Insert joke about getting a better view of the game there than you will at Meadowbank*. 

Not that I give two hoots these days but there is a "consultation"* happening regarding the building of houses around Meadowbank that you may wish to contribute to. It's on the Council website.

*At least the Council pretends to consult people on changes.

14 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Not that I give two hoots these days but there is a "consultation"* happening regarding the building of houses around Meadowbank that you may wish to contribute to. It's on the Council website.

*At least the Council pretends to consult people on changes.

Once the cooncil had demolished the old, proper Meadowbank stadium they should have just built the hooses on it then, (as we suspected) instead of building the Leisure centre that's replaced it now!