Edinburgh City

5 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

There's  derogation which basically comes down to we don't fulfill the criteria now but we plan do xyz to have it soon™.

How that would work at Meadowbank when they're being held back by planning permission etc for the second stand, I don't know.

Thanks for clarification.  I assume that the comment from SD was explaining how they get away with Meadowbank in League One (to be honest I'm too lazy to go looking for it).   

It rather sounds like Edinburgh City FC Edinburgh Edinburgh will struggle then if they do win promotion.  Planning permission isn't a problem, but they can't start building the stand until the flats in that area have been completed, and the work hasn't started yet.

13 hours ago, Parttimesupporter said:

Right lads, we've won two league games on the bounce, we're in second place and we have got back to back home games before Xmas. 

We've cut ticket prices to a more sensible level.  Hibs are playing away on the Thursday for the first one, Hearts are playing away on the Friday for the second one.   How can we encourage some of their fans to come along (without mentioning that they will probably have to stand miles from the pitch without any cover)?

How about this boss?

"There is only one team in Edinburgh that can realistically win a league title this season… and it’s not Hibs or Hearts."

Nice one - that should do it!

Chairmans Statement: Call to arms – F.C. Edinburgh (fcedinburgh.com)

Technically the statement is correct, but as a marketing ploy it is interesting.  Further minus points for the missing apostrophe in the headline!

Spartans and Strollers if not the FCE Ladies team might argue differently about the only team in Edinburgh in with a shout of a title.

On 12/12/2022 at 11:01, Parttimesupporter said:

Pretty sure Skyline Drifter confirmed that the SPFL tests are the same for Championship and League One grounds. But the answer to your question is 'no' regardless.

Not quite. I don't recall posting about it any time recently, though I may have done.

Criteria for Championship and Premiership are the same. It's lower at League 1 and 2 level as @LeodhasXD says.

On 12/12/2022 at 11:49, LeodhasXD said:

Rule D.4.4.1 Says differently.

In the last awards, the ground is entry level, first team is entry level and legal/admin/finance & codes is entry level.  To play in the Premiership or Championship maintain at least the Bronze award which is the criteria up.

You only need to be Bronze at the Ground Criteria. The other 2 (or 3 if you have a youth setup) categories are irrelevant for promotion.

On 12/12/2022 at 12:43, LeodhasXD said:

There's  derogation which basically comes down to we don't fulfill the criteria now but we plan do xyz to have it soon™.

How that would work at Meadowbank when they're being held back by planning permission etc for the second stand, I don't know.

They're not being held back by planning permission. They have planning permission, and funding apparently. They are being held up by a dispute over a strip of land which, as @Parttimesupporter alludes to has something to do with the builders working on accommodation nearby.

Anyway, irrespective of that, in seating terms at least, the requirement for Bronze licensing is 500 covered seats. They have 499. If that was the only issue I'm sure they'd find a way to install a further single seat somewhere. I presume it was deliberately kept at 499 initially in order to not have to comply with Safety Certificate checks which only apply to stadia with 500 seats or more, not because they physically couldn't fit more in there.

Of course that may not be the only issue with the ground criteria but it's unlikely a facility such as Meadowbank doesn't have scope to satisfy everything else with a little effort. I can't see them being denied promotion if they earn it.

18 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Not quite. I don't recall posting about it any time recently, though I may have done.

Criteria for Championship and Premiership are the same. It's lower at League 1 and 2 level as @LeodhasXD says.

You only need to be Bronze at the Ground Criteria. The other 2 (or 3 if you have a youth setup) categories are irrelevant for promotion.

They're not being held back by planning permission. They have planning permission, and funding apparently. They are being held up by a dispute over a strip of land which, as @Parttimesupporter alludes to has something to do with the builders working on accommodation nearby.

Anyway, irrespective of that, in seating terms at least, the requirement for Bronze licensing is 500 covered seats. They have 499. If that was the only issue I'm sure they'd find a way to install a further single seat somewhere. I presume it was deliberately kept at 499 initially in order to not have to comply with Safety Certificate checks which only apply to stadia with 500 seats or more, not because they physically couldn't fit more in there.

Of course that may not be the only issue with the ground criteria but it's unlikely a facility such as Meadowbank doesn't have scope to satisfy everything else with a little effort. I can't see them being denied promotion if they earn it.

I don't know if this is exactly how it works but I was told the flats planning permission assumes access from the stadium  from that strip of land that will be blocked if a second stand is built so yeah Edinburgh have permission but they need to wait their turn.

Edited by LeodhasXD

18 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I had a feeling that you had commented back on July when the stadium was due to open, but thanks for clarification anyway.  Your assumption about the rationale for having 499 seats is correct.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not much chat on this thread of late.

An outstanding recovery away at Airdrieonians today after a very poor opening 20 minutes that saw us 2 down. Jack Brydon looked more impressive at CB than he does at RB and took his goal well. Excellent game management in the 2nd half with a few tactical bookings taken. Some decent GIRFUY to the home fans from Danny and Innes in particular after the second half goals. Minus 1 mark for the players giving nothing more than a cursory clap from the middle of the park to the away fans. 

Win against Dunfermline next Saturday and City are top. 

Gotta hand it to you guys ... definitely the performance of the first half of the season, particularly given all your off-field woes!  I never saw that coming (probably down to my ignorance), although I'm not entirely surprised by our (Queens) (lack of) performance.  Cheers.

Watching the Dunfermline game just now …. We are playing ok but the Pars are just too quick for us just now - we are playing nice fancy football but there is no toughness with us - we are a bit arty farty to be honest - for the transfer window and hopefully the play offs we need a bit of a hardman to do a holding defensive midfield job- someone to boss the middle, to kick the opposition a bit and also to scream at his team mates - I know Liam Fontaine tries to be the cool calm leader on the pitch but we need somebody who can grab folk by the balls and say fucking play better !!

38 minutes ago, Dench said:

Thought Brydon has done OK at Centre Back but no great shakes as a right back. Not really seen the best of EJ or Delferriere. I am guessing that Hibs have recalled them rather than City wanting to send them back. Or, perhaps Chairman Jim has struck a loan deal with the Jambos ..... 

18 hours ago, Greenacres said:

Jack Brydon has just signed for Queens on a 2 1/2 year deal payed a fee as well .

Good young  centre back ?

He mainly played right back for City. He did OK for an 18 year old but had a tendency to advance 10 yards with the ball and then pass it behind him to the centre back. Played the last couple of games at CB and did better IMHO. 

With all 3 Hibs loan players returned to Easter Road this week, and the December friendly binned, this suggests that the much trumpeted special relationship between the two clubs isn't quite going to plan. 

9 hours ago, macclyde+ said:

Planning ahead for a day out in Edinburgh end of Feb for a few of the guys. Unfortunately will also be watching the game 😩

Where are best/reasonably prices pubs to eat/drink near the Stadium before the game ?

Reasonably priced pub...?!

It's Edinburgh :lol: