Edinburgh City

On 23/09/2022 at 17:58, Skyline Drifter said:

They are boycotting the club, well most of them are anyway, it's hardly a fair comparison.

Nordsjaelland had 1 away supporter when they played us in the UEFA Cup in 2008.

Nordsjaelland are from Denmark how can you compare that to Edinburgh.

Some of our fans boycott Palmerston 

34 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

I'm responding to you saying its the smallest away support you've ever seen. No more, no less. I made no comment on the distance involved. 

2 hours ago, Greenacres said:

Any QoS fans boycotting Palmerston aren't doing so because of a name change for the club (without consultation) or fundamental changes for spectators. The situations are so different that no reasonable comparison can be made. 

Hi, my name is Matthew and I am studying journalism at City of Glasgow College. 

I have published an article on my interview with Alan Maybury, if you would be interested in reading. 

https://www.cityliveglasgow.com/journalism/2022/10/5/its-gone-so-much-better-than-i-could-ever-have-hoped-for-alan-maybury-on-life-at-fc-edinburgh 

Edited by MatthewM02

This league makes zero sense, a team that conceded 8 goals against QOS in the space of 6 days are sitting at top of the league (before anyone starts I'm well aware of the 6-0 disaster).

I can't get to grips with how wild Scottish League 1 actually is this season.

But from coming up from league 2 and sitting top of the league within the first quarter is pretty impressive, not sure anyone could of predicted that. Fair play.

This league makes zero sense, a team that conceded 8 goals against QOS in the space of 6 days are sitting at top of the league (before anyone starts I'm well aware of the 6-0 disaster).

But from coming up from league 2 and sitting top of the league within the first quarter is pretty impressive, not sure anyone could of predicted that. Fair play.

To be honest we’ve really struggled against all of the full time teams in the league but seem to compete well with the rest. We’ve got both Dunfermline and Falkirk coming up in the next few weeks so just enjoying this while it lasts.

31 minutes ago, David Fernández said:

I've just posted something similar on the QOS thread. Crazy mad batshit  league this is turning out to be.

Still, fair do's to FCE ... the points don't lie. 👏

Edited by Otis Blue

I was getting the Kelty programme ready Wednesday morning and I spoke with our captain. He couldn't believe how a team as good as Queen of the South were as low in the League as they are. They will be rising up the table pretty damn rapidly.

18 hours ago, David Fernández said:

It's absolutely bonkers mate, it looked good on paper, and it's proving to be in reality. From an Edinburgh point of view, it's about getting as many points on that board as possible and quickly. As great as top of the table is right this moment, the full-time sides will rise to the top over time - it would be naive and reckless to think otherwise. Safety for us first and see where things look in January, when perhaps the league has calmed down a little bit and actually taken shape.

As for the game last night, I felt Edinburgh deserved the points in the end. There were few clear cut chances carved out by either side, and I felt Peterhead defended well enough when they sat back in their shape. I wasn't convinced the break through was coming for us, but it wasn't a shock that it came about from a counter attack in the end. 

After the first, the game got frantic and Peterhead left themselves open in pursuit of the equaliser. Thankfully within 5 minutes Danny Handling put it to bed with another late goal.

Fair play to those away fans that travelled down last night - I believe the majority, if not all, were on the Peterhead team coach which was pure class by the club. Feel for their players (and fans) as they really are having to put the miles when on the road this season.

Edited by Pete83

1 hour ago, Pete83 said:

Fair play to those away fans that travelled down last night - I believe the majority, if not all, were on the Peterhead team coach which was pure class by the club.

That's a great idea! 👍

Might be good if we could do that as well, seeing as we only take anywhere between 4 to 14 fans to away games, their might be space to fill the bus.

Some tricky places to get to on the train, in this league Peterhead, Dumfries and Montrose all recently so a bus would be a big help. 👍

We used to travel on the bus with the players but James McDonaugh felt it was a bit unprofessional. I suppose results vindicated his approach so can't complain.

I suspect the team bus will remain players and directors only. You'll just have to arrange your own supporters tandem. Or learn to drive.

That's a great idea! [emoji106]
Might be good if we could do that as well, seeing as we only take anywhere between 4 to 14 fans to away games, their might be space to fill the bus.
Some tricky places to get to on the train, in this league Peterhead, Dumfries and Montrose all recently so a bus would be a big help. [emoji106]

Surely montrose is easy from edinburgh? Literally get on at edinburgh and get off at montrose?

14 hours ago, Tenkay said:

That's a great idea! 👍

Some tricky places to get to on the train, in this league Peterhead, Dumfries and Montrose all recently so a bus would be a big help. 👍

Yeah, especially for the reverse fixture which is the one that really is out the way in the league. I just cannot for the life of me seean offer like that being extended to our fans, but if it was, I'd take them up on it!

• 2 weeks later...

So around a third of the season done, how are most folk feeling after the upheaval over the summer?

I'm not going to lie, after the whole name change debacle and the horrendous matchday experience at Meadowbank, I haven't been back since the Cowdenbeath game in August.  However, my son has been badgering me to go back and lately I have found myself missing watching the team. 

Are others slowly returning or are most still unwilling to attend again?