Edinburgh City

49 minutes ago, Bay Citizen said:

No seat allocation like there was for Dunfermline and Falkirk, it’ll just be a go where you want including our wee stand which is almost the same number of seats at Ainslie but in 3 rows.

Cheers, appreciate you getting back to me.

4 hours ago, TamClyde said:

Genuine questions & not on the wind up here. Why are you ticket prices obscenely high for such a god awful supporters experience and so called "stadium"?? By the looks of it the worst ground in the SPFL by a country mile. Makes Cowdenbeath's racetrack look good. Asking £18 for the pleasure is an insult. 

When they don't care about fans that have built up the club over nearly 3 decades why should they care about anyone else?

Do what I did, vote with your feet and give your money to someone that will appreciate it.

1 minute ago, tamthebam said:

When they don't care about fans that have built up the club over nearly 3 decades why should they care about anyone else?

Do what I did, vote with your feet and give your money to someone that will appreciate it.

This is where I am at unfortunately.

Been up to Ferguson Park to watch Whitehill twice already and been made to feel really welcome. At £7 entry and free for under 16s it's a no brainer. 

I'm not saying I won't come back but given the choice, it's no longer top of my list.

2 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I must admit up front I don't know anything about the internal club politics and ownership structure (apart from what is available from Companies House https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/SC266592/filing-history ) but I am surprised at the outcome.

Given what many of the City supporters observed and experienced when they were following Meadowbank Thistle, I am surprised that 1) a majority shareholder is in place 2) seemsis not aligned with what I presumed would have the DNA of the club and support that helped build the club to what it is/was a few years ago.

Could more defensive and protective actions been taken when the old guard support had a bigger say in how the company/club was structured (pre 2019/2018) and limit the influence/voting of a single shareholder?  

Apologies if this has already been covered already, and would be happy to be directed to where this has been discussed.

10 hours ago, _FFC1876 said:

Agreed, was there yesterday and it was nothing short of disgraceful. If the SPFL had a spine they would bin Meadowbank and send Edinburgh back to Ainslie Park.

Fully agree mate! 👍

I'd love us  to go back to Ainslie Park! 😃

Or find Another new ground somewhere in Edinburgh.

Nothing could be worse than the current state of Meadowbank!

Do the SPFL not have minimum standards required to host league football?

I know the club have a sob story about their original plans falling through but plenty of other teams have been hindered by their stadia not meeting the level required in the past.

I shouldn't be surprised by them ignoring this absurdity but I still am.

10 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I know the club have a sob story about their original plans falling through but plenty of other teams have been hindered by their stadia not meeting the level required in the past.

I'm almost certain there's a rule that says you need an entry level club license to operate in League 1 and League 2. The entry level is fairly flexible. Quite a few former junior teams have now got that status.

Possibly bronze for both the championship and premiership but don't quote me on that - it might be silver for the premiership.

Criteria: https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/8470/scottish-fa-club-licensing-manual-2022.pdf

Interestingly for the 2022 licence awards Cove have entry level but there may some derogation and they will meet bronze level in the near future.

Edited by LeodhasXD

10 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

On a similar note, the shambles involving the pitches at Dumbarton and Partick last season should have seen games moved.

7 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

I'm almost certain there's a rule that says you need an entry level club license to operate in League 1 and League 2. The entry level is fairly flexible. Quite a few former junior teams have now got that status.

Possibly bronze for both the championship and premiership but don't quote me on that - it might be silver for the premiership.

Criteria: https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/8470/scottish-fa-club-licensing-manual-2022.pdf

Interestingly for the 2022 licence awards Cove have entry level but there may some derogation and they will meet bronze level in the near future.

Spartans, who play at Ainslie Park, have a Bronze award.

Charges for a midweek cup game against Stranraer are £5 with u18s going free 

A generous gesture of goodwill or panic that no-one will turn up? You decide.

Away fans may also ponder that it will cost you £18 for League games to stand on grass with no cover and a rotten view... 

43 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Away fans may also ponder that it will cost you £18 for League games to stand on grass with no cover and a rotten view... 

You could always stand with your back to the pitch.

29 minutes ago, Bay Citizen said:

2 away trips to Dumfries on consecutive weekends, what a crap draw.

Does anyone actually care about the pointless "SPFL Crusty trophy" thing?

They should have just scrapped that after covid!

As long as we win the league game there, the first weekend, then all is good 👍