Jump to content

FC Edinburgh


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Boris57 said:

The seaten stand is indeed limited to 499 but FC Embra will also have access to the two upstair "hospitality" area that overlook the pitch - the windows can b seen in the photos, just above the stand roof level.  One can hold circa 50 to 60, the other circa 20 to 30.

Normally areas like that are not allowed to be used for watching matches, ie the curtains if fitted have to be closed during a game.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, peternapper said:

Normally areas like that are not allowed to be used for watching matches, ie the curtains if fitted have to be closed during a game.

 

Hospitality areas are acceptable for watching the game from.  The boxes at EEP are used. 

I think it’s only where alcohol is involved that you’re not allowed to see the game.    So you can do you’re normal hospitality, close the bar  clear the tables and let people watch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Hospitality areas are acceptable for watching the game from.  The boxes at EEP are used. 

I think it’s only where alcohol is involved that you’re not allowed to see the game.    So you can do you’re normal hospitality, close the bar  clear the tables and let people watch.

Fair enough obviously depends on the set up , ours is in the lounge, you get fed and can drink before the game then sit in the stand, halftime is tea-coffee pie & sandwich but no alcohol then back in after the game. No boxes with us

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, peternapper said:

Fair enough obviously depends on the set up , ours is in the lounge, you get fed and can drink before the game then sit in the stand, halftime is tea-coffee pie & sandwich but no alcohol then back in after the game. No boxes with us

 

And no boxes at Parkhead because the Celtic players would keep diving in them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, peternapper said:

Fair enough obviously depends on the set up , ours is in the lounge, you get fed and can drink before the game then sit in the stand, halftime is tea-coffee pie & sandwich but no alcohol then back in after the game. No boxes with us

 

That’s pretty much our setup but if you have a group of 10 or more you can upgrade to a box

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Bay Citizen said:


No, advance tickets only via Fanbase. Although saying that I’d be surprised if a midweek game would sell out.

Especially as it's up against a Hibs home game and Hibs are charging £12 too 

You'd think Hibs could have rescheduled to help their new partners get a better crowd in 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Especially as it's up against a Hibs home game and Hibs are charging £12 too 

You'd think Hibs could have rescheduled to help their new partners get a better crowd in 

Last nights BBC local news had a three minute section on the new Meadowbank.

Interesting to see the Edinburgh Leisure CEO June Peebles tell the camera that the stadium was delivered two years late by her organisation due to Covid, Brexit, and the war in Ukraine. I was surprised that she didn't add the Edinburgh roadworks and the price of tea in China to that list.

The indoors of the stadium and the running track look great, it's just that diddy 3 row stand that sticks out like the proverbial thumb. The whole thing cost £47 million quid. Baffling how the planners, architects, clowncil and local sports clubs couldn't have made the case to even double that to 6 rows and a 1,000 capacity. 

Chairman Jim also popped up to say how the club have plenty of plans to make FCE a 'real club for the community', be interesting to see how that goes seeing as how the Board have done a pretty good job of dismantling the one that was in place at Annan in May. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RubyTuesday said:

Interesting to see the Edinburgh Leisure CEO June Peebles tell the camera that the stadium was delivered two years late by her organisation due to Covid, Brexit, and the war in Ukraine.

The war in Ukraine seems to be getting blamed for a lot of things. It would be more convincing if we were actually in it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, GordonD said:

The war in Ukraine seems to be getting blamed for a lot of things. It would be more convincing if we were actually in it.

Boris had been widely congratulated by Bwexit type sycophants for winning that war for the UK.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

By way of contrast with the glorified bus shelter at Meadowbank this is the Aberdeen Sports Village (used by Bridge of Don Thistle FC) opened this century:

Outdoor-traxk-5.jpg.e73e406460d4ab2365ca88e6bf7443b2.jpg

and the George Duncan Stadium in Perth (2005)

817106792_georgeduncan.jpg.8ccce873fc5551e8f7ac56aa8575bcc4.jpg

What strikes me is that the roof at the Aberdeen Sports Village is the same as the Meadowbank Stand but the architect must have had more brains. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tbf on these type of projects the architect basically gets told what do to by the client a lot of the time. A larger stand would have been more expensive and Edinburgh Leisure simply wouldnt have cared what size was appropriate 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Tbf on these type of projects the architect basically gets told what do to by the client a lot of the time. A larger stand would have been more expensive and Edinburgh Leisure simply wouldnt have cared what size was appropriate 

Well I'd stake my last 50 pence that the architect would have at least asked "3 rows of seats? You not wanting any more than that pal?" of the clowncil / Edinburgh Leisure

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, RubyTuesday said:

Last nights BBC local news had a three minute section on the new Meadowbank.

Interesting to see the Edinburgh Leisure CEO June Peebles tell the camera that the stadium was delivered two years late by her organisation due to Covid, Brexit, and the war in Ukraine. I was surprised that she didn't add the Edinburgh roadworks and the price of tea in China to that list.

The indoors of the stadium and the running track look great, it's just that diddy 3 row stand that sticks out like the proverbial thumb. The whole thing cost £47 million quid. Baffling how the planners, architects, clowncil and local sports clubs couldn't have made the case to even double that to 6 rows and a 1,000 capacity. 

Chairman Jim also popped up to say how the club have plenty of plans to make FCE a 'real club for the community', be interesting to see how that goes seeing as how the Board have done a pretty good job of dismantling the one that was in place at Annan in May. 

So no part of the delay was down to a dispute/disputes with contractors then 🤔

My understanding is that CEC went with a 499 seater because there are greater safety checks required for stands with 500 or more seats.

Like you say the inside looks great.  I went to the (excellent) gym today, and thought it would be rude note to pop out and enjoy the splendid view of the pitch.

view 1.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Parttimesupporter said:

 I went to the (excellent) gym today, and thought it would be rude note to pop out and enjoy the splendid view of the pitch.

view 1.jpg

Even for an athletics meeting that rail is a terrible obstruction and totally unnecessary for a structure only 3 rows high!

I don't see any daft railings on that photo of the stand at Aberdeen sports Village, so obviously not even necessary at Meadowbank.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Especially as it's up against a Hibs home game and Hibs are charging £12 too 

You'd think Hibs could have rescheduled to help their new partners get a better crowd in 

Hibs just played Bonnyrigg on Sunday.

I don't understand why Edinburgh and Cowdenbeath wasn't scheduled for Tuesday though?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...