Jump to content

FC Edinburgh


Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Apologies for not reading back as I'm sure it's been discussed to death but is 499 Edinburgh's capacity this season? Or are there plans to allow more in. I'm off on Nov 5th when we play and was planning on coming up.

If they don’t get another stand built it will be the 499.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Apologies for not reading back as I'm sure it's been discussed to death but is 499 Edinburgh's capacity this season? Or are there plans to allow more in. I'm off on Nov 5th when we play and was planning on coming up.

It has, but you are forgiven. 😄

Yes, the wee diddy 3 row stand has 499 seats and currently is all that is in use.

Apparently the Edinburgh chairman has made a statement that there will be additional standing capacity by the time of the first home league game with Dunfermline on August 6th, no more details than that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Cowdenleith said:

Apparently the Edinburgh chairman has made a statement that there will be additional standing capacity by the time of the first home league game with Dunfermline on August 6th, no more details than that.

You're on the right lines but Chairman Jim is very careful before he puts out written statements. Or he just talks to the Evening News and lets them type it up for him. In the live Q&A event a few weeks ago Jim "hoped" that standing around the pitch would be allowed this season, he also "hoped" that the issues regarding building the new stand on the opposite side of the pitch could be resolved. Don't hold your breath....

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, RubyTuesday said:

You're on the right lines but Chairman Jim is very careful before he puts out written statements. Or he just talks to the Evening News and lets them type it up for him. In the live Q&A event a few weeks ago Jim "hoped" that standing around the pitch would be allowed this season, he also "hoped" that the issues regarding building the new stand on the opposite side of the pitch could be resolved. Don't hold your breath....

 

My mate said that it was in the chairman’s column in the match programme where he said this, but my pal also said that the other side of the ground is really overgrown so it would seem a tall order in the next 3 weeks.

Edited by Cowdenleith
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had the feeling that you'd be standing on the actual running track behind some kind of barrier in a similar way to the way fans stood around the pitch at Ainslie Park 

The athletes might moan about 1000 sturdy Fifers standing on their precious track though

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I had the feeling that you'd be standing on the actual running track behind some kind of barrier in a similar way to the way fans stood around the pitch at Ainslie Park 

The athletes might moan about 1000 sturdy Fifers standing on their precious track though

Couldn’t see the council and athletes being happy about folk standing on the track.

Cant see that happening you would need a secure barrier to separate the fans from the pitch as well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

We always took a decent crowd over there in the past, maybe not so much for a midweek.

Hopefully get a good few coming over, though with it still being holiday time for a lot of people (or not even gone yet like me) it might reduce the numbers.

I’m trying to work out if Meadowbank or Edinburgh Uni at Peffermill is my closest away match this season, reckon Meadowbank closest by a few hundred yards. 😄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Cowdenleith said:

Hopefully get a good few coming over, though with it still being holiday time for a lot of people (or not even gone yet like me) it might reduce the numbers.

I’m trying to work out if Meadowbank or Edinburgh Uni at Peffermill is my closest away match this season, reckon Meadowbank closest by a few hundred yards. 😄

3.1 miles 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, B75 said:

Tamthebam? More like Peepingtam.

Give over!

That's clearly Pedro Caixinha spying on someone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cowdenbeath fans definitely seem to have an axe to grind where SPFL newcomers are concerned. Don't appear to be any issues for Edinburgh City or Bonnyrigg Rose hosting home games stadiumwise despite what was being posted by prorege.

Meadowbank Thistle's support base was neglible as well. Didn't stop them from almost being promoted to the top tier because there's a niche for a third part-time Edinburgh club based on the strength of the local available players.

Problem for them now though might be having Bonnyrigg Rose on their doorstep tapping into the same pool of semi-professional players.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Cowdenbeath fans definitely seem to have an axe to grind where SPFL newcomers are concerned. Don't appear to be any issues for Edinburgh City or Bonnyrigg Rose hosting home games stadiumwise despite what was being posted by prorege.

Meadowbank Thistle's support base was neglible as well. Didn't stop them from almost being promoted to the top tier because there's a niche for a third part-time Edinburgh club based on the strength of the local available players.

Problem for them now though might be having Bonnyrigg Rose on their doorstep tapping into the same pool of semi-professional players.

How do Cowden fans have an axe to grind with new clubs?

I used to go to the odd City midweek game when they were non league.

Nothing against Bonnyrigg either they are where the are on merit, I would have more of an axe to grind with the wage thieves who let us down against Bonnyrigg.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As much as the ground etc seems a shambles that YouTube highlights package is absolutely superb and as good as I’ve seen at any club and I am delighted Bobby chose to score two worldies there when there’s alternative angles all over the joint. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

As much as the ground etc seems a shambles that YouTube highlights package is absolutely superb and as good as I’ve seen at any club and I am delighted Bobby chose to score two worldies there when there’s alternative angles all over the joint. 

Agreed, watched the highlights last night, fantastic effort, very high quality equipment they seem to be using.

Great goals from Bobby Linn, looks like Nicky Low was pulling all the strings, both great players.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

As much as the ground etc seems a shambles that YouTube highlights package is absolutely superb and as good as I’ve seen at any club and I am delighted Bobby chose to score two worldies there when there’s alternative angles all over the joint. 

 

12 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Agreed, watched the highlights last night, fantastic effort, very high quality equipment they seem to be using.

Great goals from Bobby Linn, looks like Nicky Low was pulling all the strings, both great players.

Totally agree - think we've got a new guy on board this season and thought the package was tremendous. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

It has, but you are forgiven. 😄

Yes, the wee diddy 3 row stand has 499 seats and currently is all that is in use.

Apparently the Edinburgh chairman has made a statement that there will be additional standing capacity by the time of the first home league game with Dunfermline on August 6th, no more details than that.

The seaten stand is indeed limited to 499 but FC Embra will also have access to the two upstair "hospitality" area that overlook the pitch - the windows can b seen in the photos, just above the stand roof level.  One can hold circa 50 to 60, the other circa 20 to 30.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Your name shall also go on the list. Vot is it? 

Doesn't matter. As soon as you write it down I'll change it and you'll walk away.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...