Edinburgh City

The view was marginally better than I expected but that was in the second row, the first row is basically restricted view.

For me, you can't ask people to pay £18 a pop when that's the venue, it's just not acceptable. Would have been fine in the lowland and arguably passable in league 2 but no chance for league 1. Some sort of temporary stand/standing on the other side is an absolute must.

Toilets were nice but a Weatherspoon's distance trek away.

6 minutes ago, jacobsladder said:

One toilet for use - not good enough - one burger van charging extortionate prices - not good enough 

Message to Chairman Jim Brown - get more seats and get the standing area sorted pronto 

If you thought those toilets were bad I take it you never made it to Ainslie Park!! 

30 minutes ago, AllyMonc said:

The view was marginally better than I expected but that was in the second row, the first row is basically restricted view.

For me, you can't ask people to pay £18 a pop when that's the venue, it's just not acceptable. Would have been fine in the lowland and arguably passable in league 2 but no chance for league 1. Some sort of temporary stand/standing on the other side is an absolute must.

Club have just confirmed to me in a tweet that they are planning to remove the rail so everyone gets a clear view 

Saw the picture of the steak burgers and loaded fries etc van. To be fair, and I'll give them this, something different like that in lower leagues has been needed for years, however, prices need to be affordable. 

Anyway, glad there was no fairytale win on the homecoming. 

I'm not bitter, honest 

Edited by Billy Bleach

Berwick when they were in the League and Stranraer have burger vans. The 'raer one had quite slow service though 

Cowden as well as a pie stall also has a van although that one's there for the stock cars 

2 hours ago, AllyMonc said:

What is the capacity at Meadowbank ?.

Are you hoping to increase it for decent away supports in League 1 

45 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Quite a few supporters disguised as orange seats today I noticed.

Not a sell out then 

They sold all tickets that were on sale, ergo it was a sell out.

11 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

Plans to build a second stand.

14 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

499 in the stand (but you need to accommodate officials etc in that). Plan was for a second stand with seating and terracing. That looks to have gone tits up. New plan seems to be for temporary standing somewhere but who knows

bf76d7b4b4d3beb243fcf45ff6649264.jpg
As predicted the view wasn’t great but as someone mentioned above, they’ve confirmed on Twitter that they’re requesting the barrier be lowered so that should help. The seats are definitely more comfier than Ainslie Park. The toilet facilities got a big thumbs up from Mrs Citizen although she did say there was a queue for the gents which she found amusing.

I think the biggest issue for me was blocking the crowd from leaving the stand while the players and staff left the pitch after the match. That’s a bad design and needs further thought. Several shouts of ‘I need to catch a bus!!’ was heard from behind. Dick Campbell holding things up to take a bow as he went past didn’t help.

The food was alright but a wee bit pricey and they didn’t do any pies which is sacrilege at a football match.

Football wise, Arbroath were better and deserved the win, no complaints there.

21 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Uh-huh.

ETA: this was 15 minutes after kick off 

IMG_20220716_150321444.thumb.jpg.51cf5221d14e5e3cf3a240286260a31b.jpg

This is seriously weird. You crept around in bushes taking photos of people at a football match? Police Scotland really do need to check your hard drive if this is the kind of thing you do.

I can only assume you are banned by the club hence creeping around in the bushes and you have an axe to grind with the club. I count 4-5 empty seats in this photo. These people could have arrived late, went for a pish, been queuing for food or they may have been walking round to the other end of the ground as they spotted some freak taking pictures of them in the bushes and wanted to deal with them. You must be a very negative person to solely focus on the reason why 4-5 seats might not have people sitting in them. 

It's mad that that this stand design was even given the go ahead to begin with. Anyone who thinks that a ground-level stand with only 3 rows of seats is suitable for watching live sport at semi-pro level and beyond has obviously never gone to a sporting event in their puff. Edinburgh Council and the architects are talking up it's potential to hold 'elite' level outdoor athletics events - in what alternate reality?

It doesn't matter that they matched the capacity of the old Meadowbank when the actual spectator experience and (I'd expect) atmosphere will be garbage. Given that all the windows at the rear of the sports centre itself directly overlook the pitch, I'm also guessing any gym users on a saturday get to watch for free? Doesn't seem good value for actual fans at 16+ quid a ticket, going from what I've seen quoted online.

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

Hiya Jim, Hiya pal!

I have no idea who Jim is, if you look at my past posts you will see I have just joined and a football fan as opposed to club specific and browse all club threads. In 35 years of attending football matches though I have never known someone to stand in bushes and take photos. Looking at your past posts you ain't a kid which actually makes it worse and you clearly need a bit of help. A grown man standing in bushes taking photos really isn't normal behaviour no matter what issues you might have with Edinburgh City/FC Edinburgh or whatever they are called, hopefully you get the help that you need.