Edinburgh City

2 minutes ago, AllyMonc said:

I think the plan is to have the standing in place for the start of the season. So capacity of 1300ish? Best laid plans and all that

The plans also involve loads of confused tourists wanting to take a game in and assuming the team named Edinburgh is the big club in the city and turning up to watch.  I think we know how much trust to put into plans.

Just now, AllyMonc said:

I'm letting the club off the hook for a fair bit in terms of the stadium as Edinburgh Leisure appear to have been an absolute joke throughout. However the club have definitely been guilty of naivety and sticking all our eggs in one basket. 

The rebuild is obviously on Edinburgh leisure, but I can’t see what forces you to play out of that stadium,  certainly not before it’s properly developed.

9 minutes ago, AllyMonc said:

I'm letting the club off the hook for a fair bit in terms of the stadium as Edinburgh Leisure appear to have been an absolute joke throughout. However the club have definitely been guilty of naivety and sticking all our eggs in one basket. 

Edinburgh Leisure certainly to blame for the design but it was agreed years ago. Once it was obvious it wasn't going to be suitable the club should have pushed for guarantees and dates on the other stand and not gone back until that was done. And if that wasn't possible, get somewhere else sorted. 

9 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

The plans also involve loads of confused tourists wanting to take a game in and assuming the team named Edinburgh is the big club in the city and turning up to watch.  I think we know how much trust to put into plans.

The rebuild is obviously on Edinburgh leisure, but I can’t see what forces you to play out of that stadium,  certainly not before it’s properly developed.

Totally agree. 

No idea how we think we can justify people paying £18 a pop for league games as things stand.

3 minutes ago, Waspie said:

Edinburgh Leisure certainly to blame for the design but it was agreed years ago. Once it was obvious it wasn't going to be suitable the club should have pushed for guarantees and dates on the other stand and not gone back until that was done. And if that wasn't possible, get somewhere else sorted. 

Aye, that was what I meant by naivety. Edinburgh Leisure seem to have said all the right things, but as you say you need guarantees and contingencies

The club have just put up the 'Sold Out' sign for the game tomorrow. Be interesting to see what the reduce capacity is for this "test event", and whether any P&B contributors to this forum can send us some photos of their afternoon out. I am going for an attendance of.......250.

I have to say I am planning on going tomorrow. More out of morbid curiosity and my general proximity to the ground than anything else.

Genuinely feel quite bad for some of the players. Don't really know any of them but came across as a decent enough bunch and always good at engaging with the fans. 

5 minutes ago, RubyTuesday said:

The club have just put up the 'Sold Out' sign for the game tomorrow. Be interesting to see what the reduce capacity is for this "test event"

I am going for an attendance of.......250.

It's 500 or 499 seats in that wee shitey stand so that must be it full.

51 minutes ago, Waspie said:

It has been common knowledge for years that this development as it was agreed wasn't going to be suitable for Scottish League football. I'm astonished that the club agreed to go back before the other stand was agreed and put in place, and that here we are a few weeks before the league starts and they're trying to sort standing around an athletics track. Really, they'd have been better off looking into something else a while back. Shame they couldn't have got in at Meggetland or worked out something with the mini Murrayfield, or another of the rugby clubs. Can't believe there wasn't some kind of option better than this, even staying at Ainslie Park would be preferable surely.

I've said that a few times before on this thread City should have just waited until Meadowbank was properly finished INCLUDING the new stand being ready. There always seemed to be too much rush to get back to Meadowbank from the board directors.

16 minutes ago, RubyTuesday said:

The club have just put up the 'Sold Out' sign for the game tomorrow. Be interesting to see what the reduce capacity is for this "test event", and whether any P&B contributors to this forum can send us some photos of their afternoon out. I am going for an attendance of.......250.

I’d have though arboath would be bringing a good few hundred, that and weirdo ground hopppers desperate to tick a new ground off probably doesn’t need many Edinburgh fans to make the numbers up.

BTW,  is there anything to confirm that 499 is all spectator use?  You’d have though they’d lose a good percentage to press etc.   

God knows how low the capacity will be if police ask for segregation at a game.  300? 

1 hour ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Name me a Scottish club who have moved out of their ground with the promise of a new one and have been happy with it. Possibly St Johnstone, but that's about it. Even with the money we have, the Queen's Park situation is a mess.

Stirling Albion

1 hour ago, AllyMonc said:

Maybe Edinburgh Leisure just didn't want City/FCE back.

22 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I’d have though arboath would be bringing a good few hundred, that and weirdo ground hopppers desperate to tick a new ground off probably doesn’t need many Edinburgh fans to make the numbers up.

BTW,  is there anything to confirm that 499 is all spectator use?  You’d have though they’d lose a good percentage to press etc.   

God knows how low the capacity will be if police ask for segregation at a game.  300? 

499 is the stand, I reckon there'll have been about 300 tickets available. Would guess at 20 or 30 home supporters with the rest Arbroath and curious neutrals 

15 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Maybe Edinburgh Leisure just didn't want City/FCE back.

That was the stance initially. COVID's impact on their finances/projections meant they changed their tune and came back to the club offering more than we'd looked for in the first place.

They want the security of the club's rent but nothing actually associated with a football club

5 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Name me a Scottish club who have moved out of their ground with the promise of a new one and have been happy with it. Possibly St Johnstone, but that's about it. Even with the money we have, the Queen's Park situation is a mess.

Much as it galls me the West Lothian franchise got a decent enough ground built for them with public money at the start.

It wasn't until the utterly incompetent Chairman Blobby decided to get a second stand built that the trouble started.

4 hours ago, RubyTuesday said:

A neutral groundhopper counted 22 away fans at Airdrie on Tuesday and I'm told a lot of them were players' relatives 

I strongly suspect the Lichties support will outnumber the home support tomorrow

But then I strongly suspect the Jimmy Saville fan club would outnumber the home support the way things are going

35 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

A neutral groundhopper counted 22 away fans at Airdrie on Tuesday and I'm told a lot of them were players' relatives 

I strongly suspect the Lichties support will outnumber the home support tomorrow

But then I strongly suspect the Jimmy Saville fan club would outnumber the home support the way things are going

I'm No being funny here, and it seems I'm obviously missing something, but what exactly is it that's upsetting the supporters club boys?

Yes, I know the team name has changed, but what else is there to moan about?

It's more or less the same team / players that got us promoted to league one,  plus we're back at Meadowbank. ?  

18 minutes ago, Tenkay said:

I'm No being funny here, and it seems I'm obviously missing something, but what exactly is it that's upsetting the supporters club boys?

Yes, I know the team name has changed, but what else is there to moan about?

It's more or less the same team / players that got us promoted to league one,  plus we're back at Meadowbank. ?  

Yeah and what when those players move on? Then what do you have? An absolute empty vessel of a so called football club. You really need to look at the bigger picture Tenkay. 

The true fans have been tucked up. The only ones not seeing it are fans of other clubs that see the club as their second team. It doesn't affect them as much and never will. Two SC committee members WERE consulted about the name change, however, they were given no say, they were told what it was going to be and they had no chance to object, none of us did. There are people that have supported the club over 30 years, from park pitches littered with dug shite to the halcyon of promotion to League 1, and even they have walked, that tells you all you need to know doesn't it. 

There are a few other things which I can't and won't post on here as to why the true core of the support are in uproar. 

5 hours ago, Tenkay said:

I've said that a few times before on this thread City should have just waited until Meadowbank was properly finished INCLUDING the new stand being ready. There always seemed to be too much rush to get back to Meadowbank from the board directors.

I'll agree with this. Was chomping at the bit to go back. Seems like it's all been one big bad omen. They(hate saying they instead of we now) should have never have gone back until a fully viable Meadowbank was ready for that standard.