Jump to content

FC Edinburgh


Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Tenkay said:

Mark Docherty signs for City!  Sorry FCE!

Anyway 34 years old and I see Clyde fans don't rate him! At first glance, Looks a poor signing ?

Good experienced player.  I wouldn't worry about the Clyde fans comments Tenkay.  Welcome to Edinburgh Mark.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Docherty is nowhere near as bad as some are saying. When he got himself fit after initial shaky spell he was actually one of our most consistent players. Some fans seem to have a downer on him as he was signed along with a raft of poor players which I think tarred him with that brush. 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

He made probably the worst debut I’ve ever seen for us gave away a goal, a pen then was subbed off at half time. I suppose he did get better as the season went on but always looked overweight to me and wasn’t sad to see him released. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Tenkay said:

Mark Docherty signs for City!  Sorry FCE!

Anyway 34 years old and I see Clyde fans don't rate him! At first glance, Looks a poor signing ?

After a nightmare start Sparky ended up being one of our better performers last season, albeit in a very poor team.

I'd have kept him for his experience if I'm honest, and I think because of that he'll be a good signing for Edinburgh. Knows how to play a level above.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Clyde85 said:

He made probably the worst debut I’ve ever seen for us gave away a goal, a pen then was subbed off at half time.

His debut was actually Stranraer but aye he was abysmal against Killie. 80 year old Chris Burke was absolutely gliding past him. 

Should be a decent enough addition for Edinburgh though for reasons already stated by others. I'm interested to see where you intend to use him as I noticed you already have 2 LB's. Seemed to play centre mid a lot for Annan before we signed him but we only ever used him at LB. 

Edited by CM.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Please tell me this is a spoof. That's more like a doll's house or the wee Western army fort I had as a sprog.

They'll be getting @throbber in to finish off the doorway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Please tell me this is a spoof. That's more like a doll's house or the wee Western army fort I had as a sprog.

Tbf Edinburgh does have a wee pretend Wild West town up Morningside way so I'm sure they could claim that was the inspiration 😅

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, CM. said:

His debut was actually Stranraer but aye he was abysmal against Killie. 80 year old Chris Burke was absolutely gliding past him. 

Should be a decent enough addition for Edinburgh though for reasons already stated by others. I'm interested to see where you intend to use him as I noticed you already have 2 LB's. Seemed to play centre mid a lot for Annan before we signed him but we only ever used him at LB. 

We seeemed to settle on a back 3 at the end of last season and assume we'll start the same way again. Our captain (Robbie Macintyre) plays LCB and one of our best players (Calum Crane) plays LWB so probably experienced cover I guess.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, AllyMonc said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/citizens-supporters-club-brands-fc-edinburghs-lack-of-consultation-over-name-change-disgusting-3738593

 

Supporters Club Statement in the Evening News. Can't imagine it'll be well received but the club only have themselves to blame.

I genuinely don't think the owner really cares to be honest. Jim's update was very, very Corporate heavy, which shows where the board/ownerships priority lies.

Our core support, although steadily growing, is probably too small to make any impact on their thinking.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 19/06/2022 at 17:37, cowdenbeath said:

Postal date back longer than 1966 can’t remember the exact date off hand.

Was just going off the Wiki page for that tbh.

On 19/06/2022 at 17:38, cowdenbeath said:

Imagine the social club will carry on as normal why would they change anything?

Not saying they'd change anything, they did after all exist purely as a social club for many years when the original Edinburgh City folded. But there's clearly a demand for the football club, and I wonder if they'll look to relaunch it themselves.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Connor1874 said:

Was just going off the Wiki page for that tbh.

Not saying they'd change anything, they did after all exist purely as a social club for many years when the original Edinburgh City folded. But there's clearly a demand for the football club, and I wonder if they'll look to relaunch it themselves.

The wiki date for Postal is the one when the joined the East of Scotland league,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Meadowbank opening on the 19th of July - we're due to play Arbroath on the 16th at home. Easter Rd maybe? Hibs aren't playing until the next day. We've also got Cowdenbeath on 'opening night' but not sure how feasible that will be unless we're allowed in early.

 

The lack of the additional stand and no word on whether we're allowed standing isn't exactly filling me with hope and optimism for the move 'home'. In fairness to the club I don't think they are due much of the blame on this part.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, AllyMonc said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/citizens-supporters-club-brands-fc-edinburghs-lack-of-consultation-over-name-change-disgusting-3738593

 

Supporters Club Statement in the Evening News. Can't imagine it'll be well received but the club only have themselves to blame.

If you're banned from Meadowbank it ticks another Bill Hunter all over again box....

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, AllyMonc said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/citizens-supporters-club-brands-fc-edinburghs-lack-of-consultation-over-name-change-disgusting-3738593

 

Supporters Club Statement in the Evening News. Can't imagine it'll be well received but the club only have themselves to blame.

Think the actions of the club show they're not interested in the current fanbase and invested totally in attracting new supporters.

It won't work with daft name changes and branding but marketing types never seem to understand that part.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...