Edinburgh City

Shame they've had to change their name but what they've chosen is really bland.

I think maybe Edinburgh Castle FC would have been good. It's distinctive, it reflects the city's history, it matches the badge and it would allow them to keep the same initials.

Maybe "FC Edinburgh" could just serve as a placeholder and they could ask fans to vote on a new name for next season?

10 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Shame they've had to change their name but what they've chosen is really bland.

I think maybe Edinburgh Castle FC would have been good. It's distinctive, it reflects the city's history, it matches the badge and it would allow them to keep the same initials.

Maybe "FC Edinburgh" could just serve as a placeholder and they could ask fans to vote on a new name for next season?

"Edinburgh Castle " is most likely copyrighted anyway . 

glad my Club Doesn't change thier name very often , Although i do like AC Alloa (Athletic Club )  ( I don't really just bored ).

Having thought about it, and if there had been a fan consultation I'd have been broadly okay with FC Edinburgh City (if we accept the name had to change). Even if there hadn't been a fan consultation I'd have accepted it as it's basically the same.

Might just call us that anyway.

I’m clearly in the minority but I like the name, although I don’t see the point in changing it unless you legally had to..

If for some reason we had to change our name from Kilmarnock FC to FC Kilmarnock it wouldn’t bother me too much.

4 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

You sure? Just googled it to check. Every single thing I see is FC Barcelona including the name of their website and the badge has F C B on it 

Shown my age now, they were known as CF Barcelona from 1957 to 1978.

46 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

I’m clearly in the minority but I like the name, although I don’t see the point in changing it unless you legally had to..

If for some reason we had to change our name from Kilmarnock FC to FC Kilmarnock it wouldn’t bother me too much.

Your praise is as damning a criticism as there has been.

1 hour ago, B75 said:

Shown my age now, they were known as CF Barcelona from 1957 to 1978.

I think Franco dying allowed them to change to Catalan grammar, so Futbol Club instead of Club Futbol. I'm guessing though..

I'm not too fussed about the name change, it's still the same club and players.   Although as I said previously, my preference would have been Edinburgh Thistle as a nod to our return to Meadowbank.

On that note, of  much more concern to me is having no stadium for the start of this season! 

Even if we do get in by August this first season there will be utter sh1te until the other stand is eventually built!

I said a year ago, and now having to say again too much rush from the club to get back to Meadowbank.  We should have just waited it out for an extra year or two until Meadowbank was completly ready INCLUDING the New stand.

7 minutes ago, GordonD said:

How does the name change affect players' contracts? If they're legally signed to Edinburgh City FC then does that still apply if the employer's name is different?

Isn't that what the filing in Companies House does ... ie links the two entities together as the same company (the old and the new)?

image.thumb.png.b73c28a6b2641258919df0174783f7ed.png

37 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Isn't that what the filing in Companies House does ... ie links the two entities together as the same company (the old and the new)?

image.thumb.png.b73c28a6b2641258919df0174783f7ed.png

Not quite.  There is only one entity which has changed its name.  However, you are right to say there is no impact on players' contracts.  Rather different to the TUPE situation 45 miles west 10 years ago, but best not to get into the detail of that in case this thread gets sidetracked!