Edinburgh City

It's just the company name although South Edinburgh Ventures Company might have been better. We're still The Edinburgh City*... [emoji38] [emoji14]

I suspect it's tied in with the fact that the Social Club trades as Edinburgh City Football Club Limited and has done since the 1930s. 

*OK, Postal United. You smartarses. 
SEVC? O!!

3 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I suspect it's tied in with the fact that the Social Club trades as Edinburgh City Football Club Limited and has done since the 1930s. 

Must be something to do with separating the football club from the social club.

As a side note who got the dosh when the club moved from Baxters Place?

14 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Must be something to do with separating the football club from the social club.

As a side note who got the dosh when the club moved from Baxters Place?

Social club going by their accounts. 

18 minutes ago, AllyMonc said:

Social club going by their accounts. 

The big question which I hope is answered at 7pm is 'why now'? 

It's a slightly different topic but Liverpool FC tried and failed to register a trademark called 'Liverpool' in 2019.

ECFC play in Edinburgh and Edinburgh is a City.....so nothing to stop them using the name. Unless....the original social club registered in 1932 is starting up a Sunday League team and want to call it Edinburgh City FC. 

1 hour ago, RubyTuesday said:

The big question which I hope is answered at 7pm is 'why now'? 

It's a slightly different topic but Liverpool FC tried and failed to register a trademark called 'Liverpool' in 2019.

ECFC play in Edinburgh and Edinburgh is a City.....so nothing to stop them using the name. Unless....the original social club registered in 1932 is starting up a Sunday League team and want to call it Edinburgh City FC. 

The Social Club do have a Sunday League team 

Anyway this is a step too far for this supporter of 27 years. It smacks of the whole moving Meadowbank to Livingston thing and I look forward to watching Gary Jardine, Lairdy and Conrad at Civil Service Strollers next season.

Whole thing sounds a shambles. From the wrangling over the name (which sounds like a commercial issue more than anything else) to fact they might not get the stand as developer has objected and Edinburgh Leisure not wanting to give them an entry date.

Flat standing round the pitch or a seat in the glorified bus shelter is going to be shite for your normal mug paying £18 but don’t worry the corporate facilities are stunning. 

Some good news (Innes Murray signing is brilliant and the new kit looks nice) but totally disheartened by the Meadowbank stuff. Can't see any way in which it will be a suitable home. I get the name thing but it's still pish.

32 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

The Social Club do have a Sunday League team 

Anyway this is a step too far for this supporter of 27 years. It smacks of the whole moving Meadowbank to Livingston thing and I look forward to watching Gary Jardine, Lairdy and Conrad at Civil Service Strollers next season.

I’ve not got to put up with you for two games next season 😀