Edinburgh City

On 09/06/2022 at 14:03, AllyMonc said:

Would be keen to see some new signings in place - and of course it would be nice to have the season tickets announced at some point before the season starts!

Yep. As with last season it's a bloody joke that they can't even rustle up a link on Fanbase to buy a season ticket. They would have sold hundreds in the week following the play off victory....

Lucas Berry has signed for our pals across the water, Cowdenbeath 

Mixed feelings tbh. He didn't let us down when called upon and unlike some others didn't shirk a tackle. It's also good to keep your young players. On the other hand he'll hopefully get a regular start and perhaps L1 might have been a step too far.

Good luck to the lad and hope he's a Lowland League stand out 

6 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Chairman Jim's Q&A has been postponed until Thursday as there's an official announcement about Meadowbank on Wednesday.

Hmm.. perhaps the Council have run out of Lego bricks...again ..

Surely the announcement for the opening of the Centre ?

17 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Chairman Jim's Q&A has been postponed until Thursday as there's an official announcement about Meadowbank on Wednesday.

The builders have unfolded the plans for the stand and discovered there should have been another twenty rows and 3,320 seats.

Leighfield, Farrell and MacDonald all leaving

Leighfield was apparently a solid back up but his nervy performance at Forthbank likely sealed his fate. Be interesting to see who we get in between the sticks. I don't suppose our green neighbours will lend us Dabrowski.. 

I thought Farrell was a solid young player. Should get another club. 

Don't remember much about MacDonald to be honest. File under "took a punt on him but it didn't work out"

12 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Leighfield was apparently a solid back up but his nervy performance at Forthbank likely sealed his fate. Be interesting to see who we get in between the sticks. I don't suppose our green neighbours will lend us Dabrowski.. 

Yes I was there to witness 5 goals whistle past him...

Getting the goalkeeper position sorted is the essential piece of the jigsaw for me, Clive. Let's see if Chairman Jim can give us an update on the Facebook live event tomorrow....

What are the legal issues? I vaguely recall there being something around only the oldest club being the ones able to use City in their name (I think Dundee United initially wanted to be called Dundee City but Dundee blocked it by being older, even though they didn’t want to use it themselves - or is that a myth?) so not sure whether Hearts have made some sort of complaint?

Reminds me of Edinburgh FFC, which was the first name that Ferranti Thistle came up with when they were told they couldn't use their current name as sponsorship was a no-no. However the SFA realised what the extra letter stood for and told them to F off.

1 hour ago, DiegoDiego said:
2 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:
Seen this, and just want it on the record that ‘FC Edinburgh’ would be an absolutely shite name.

Edinburgh FC would be far better and grammatically natural than FC Edinburgh.

Aye, FC Edinburgh has a kind of pseudo European feel to it (eg FC Barcelona) which sounds a bit naff on a Scottish club.  Even plain Edinburgh FC feels a bit grandiose/pretentious given that the city already has two major clubs deeply engrained in its heritage and this club would be clearly a level down the pecking order from those two.  Adding another moniker after "Edinburgh" such as "Thistle" (purely for example) might have been a better choice. Think something more original could have been done here - although no doubt the powers that be will have given it some thought.  Obviously, using names such as "Meadowbank" (where they will play their games) and "Thistle" have other recent historical football club connotations which probably made them veer away from using those.