Edinburgh City

1 hour ago, AllyMonc said:

image.png.223ec4be05f0a57c29295fbc4e6406c1.png

That's from the application on the council site - mentions regulatory requirements which I hadn't picked up on previously. Also, there's little to no groundwork required so depending on materials/labour etc. it should go up in about a week. 

I reckon it would take more than a week.

Kelty’s one holds 300 or so and that took more than a week to complete.

44 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

I reckon it would take more than a week.

Kelty’s one holds 300 or so and that took more than a week to complete.

Well aye but we're not talking a massive project here. Having said that it is Edinburgh so it'll probably be 8 years late, have doubled the budget and be missing the roof.

13 minutes ago, AllyMonc said:

Well aye but we're not talking a massive project here. Having said that it is Edinburgh so it'll probably be 8 years late, have doubled the budget and be missing the roof.

Just tell the builders that it's going to be student flats.

10 hours ago, AllyMonc said:

Hopefully you do get it built quickly.

Depends when they start I suppose and how long it takes to make all the parts before they get delivered to the site for assembly.

1 hour ago, RubyTuesday said:

I'm not an architect or a builder but I'd guess that some extensive groundworks might be required to cut back the trees and level out some of the grassy knoll behind the running track?

Screenshot 2022-05-24 at 10.17.41.png

The stand will actually fit between the track and the old concrete terracing so no need for any extensive groundworks. Think that was one of the main criteria of the proposal really. It will be more semi-permanent than a permanent structure (going by the plans). 

42 minutes ago, AllyMonc said:

The stand will actually fit between the track and the old concrete terracing so no need for any extensive groundworks. Think that was one of the main criteria of the proposal really. It will be more semi-permanent than a permanent structure (going by the plans). 

So something like the seated tents at wee Murrayfield.

I thought you would be going for something like Kelty have but on a bigger scale.

Potential for a crap view if everything is being built at ground level.

A ground level stand like the one at Murrayfield would be abysmal. It looks a truly awful stand to watch sport - the Tories at Murrayfield probably don’t care too much, mind you, as no one actually cares about watching rugby. 

3 hours ago, RubyTuesday said:

I'm not an architect or a builder but I'd guess that some extensive groundworks might be required to cut back the trees and level out some of the grassy knoll behind the running track?

Link below to the plans.  As Ally says, it's in between the track and the old terracing.

21/06476/FUL | New stand for Edinburgh City Football Club, with associated WC and supporters shop unit. | Meadowbank Stadium 139 London Road Edinburgh EH7 6AE

Edited by Bay Citizen

4 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

So something like the seated tents at wee Murrayfield.

I thought you would be going for something like Kelty have but on a bigger scale.

Potential for a crap view if everything is being built at ground level.

In my head it'll be similar to the one at Cove (across from the main stand) but running the length of the pitch.

3 hours ago, Bay Citizen said:

Oh cheers for that. Looks like its the same depth as the one at Ainslie Park. 

This pdf shows where it fits in relation to the running track and the old concrete terrace, thanks to Ally for the heads up on that. 

http://citydev-portal.edinburgh.gov.uk/idoxpa-web/files/F36962DBEEE312D613542122EFB1869C/pdf/21_06476_FUL-04-SITE_PLAN_AS_PROPOSED-5232522.pdf

Edited by RubyTuesday

The details say access will be through turnstiles on London Road. Does that mean that supporters will have to walk round behind the goal to reach the stand? Wouldn't it make more sense to have turnstiles on Marionville Road?

Just now, GordonD said:

The details say access will be through turnstiles on London Road. Does that mean that supporters will have to walk round behind the goal to reach the stand? Wouldn't it make more sense to have turnstiles on Marionville Road?

Isn’t the rest of the land on the Maarionvale Road site not allocated for flats?

2 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Isn’t the rest of the land on the Maarionvale Road site not allocated for flats?

Yeah that's right. Not sure it's got the go ahead yet but there's planning for flats in that area of the site. Pity, would have been an easier hop across from the Hoppy

7 minutes ago, AllyMonc said:

Yeah that's right. Not sure it's got the go ahead yet but there's planning for flats in that area of the site. Pity, would have been an easier hop across from the Hoppy

If the council are making big money it will be done😀

It will be the sale of the excess land which is paying for it all.

8 hours ago, Terry_Tibbs said:

Did David McKay impress last season?

He generally looked okay but seemed to have a big mistake in him. Possible that was partly due to playing in a very poor and unsettled team at the time. Hard to judge but should be fine in a team with a bit more structure (he only played for us under Naysmith and was away by the time our form picked up)