Edinburgh City

4 hours ago, theSilverFox said:

I did see a big improvement in Edinburgh since the last game against us.

That is good to hear (from a City fan) but it sounds like a draw would have been a fairer result.

Having rolled over and lost two home games 4-0 this season, we seem to have developed a bit of a backbone since Christmas. Even the Aberdeen defeat where it could have been double figures, we managed to keep it down to 3. Still really puzzling why we can't turn it on at home (other than the fact we are playing at an uninspiring "stadium"). 

New stand plans or on the council website

https://citydev-portal.edinburgh.gov.uk/idoxpa-web/applicationDetails.do?keyVal=R3UK22EWHQ200&activeTab=summary

Looks ok with 200 seats and 600 space (10 step ) terrace on either side + toilet and stall.

Still the athletic track is a barrier but better than the other side hopefully. I wonder where the dugouts will be too?

5 minutes ago, calmac25 said:

https://citydev-portal.edinburgh.gov.uk/idoxpa-web/applicationDetails.do?keyVal=R3UK22EWHQ200&activeTab=summary

Looks ok with 200 seats and 600 space (10 step ) terrace on either side + toilet and stall.

Still the athletic track is a barrier but better than the other side hopefully. I wonder where the dugouts will be too?

I really have to object. It's not a hotel or student accommodation and may even be *gasp* a facility for use of the people who live in Edinburgh. This has no business being in Disneyland Edinburgh and may cause a tourist to cry.

1 hour ago, calmac25 said:

Thanks for posting this. Not as large as the mooted 1,500 seater but I like the mix of seats and standing (but closer inspection of the plans reads 5 rows of seating or 10 of standing). Note also the Proposed Fan Zone to the right of the main stand. 

Look forward to the new stand being ready for the start of the 25/26 season. 

Another mugging at Stair Park after the one last autumn...

We don't usually score really early on but we did today. Then Stranraer passed up lots of chances, just as Forfar did and Aberdeen did. Maybe the City box is some kind of Bermuda triangle where the ball gets deflected skywards by forces beyond our comprehension..

Muir then was silly, going in studs up and got a straight red. It didn't seem to affect things at that point but a sucker punch from Handling knocked a bit of the fight out of the home side and it was up the road with three nicked points 

Stranraer will play worse than today and win games while we've had two wins on the bounce, which is nice. 

Bloody weather forecast for Stranraer said light breeze and slight rain. It was wet and miserable... Grrr!

There is a Dunbar United v Edinburgh City friendly on Monday night. Dunbar have nice pies and a bar at the centre next to the ground 

3 hours ago, Andy groundhopper said:

That's good news, is tomorrow's friendly definitely going to be on ? Could be a day out in Dunbar with a game as well - ScotRail permitting of course !

The Sunny Dunny are advertising it on social media and (weather permitting) there's nothing to indicate it won't be on.

£5 and £3. 7.45 kick off.

Danny Handling v his brother Darren Handling!

On 02/02/2022 at 18:59, RubyTuesday said:

Thanks for posting this. Not as large as the mooted 1,500 seater but I like the mix of seats and standing (but closer inspection of the plans reads 5 rows of seating or 10 of standing). Note also the Proposed Fan Zone to the right of the main stand. 

Look forward to the new stand being ready for the start of the 25/26 season. 

Progress at last - good news.

2025/26 is a long way off though. which is disappointing

8 hours ago, tamthebam said:

The Sunny Dunny are advertising it on social media and (weather permitting) there's nothing to indicate it won't be on.

£5 and £3. 7.45 kick off.

Danny Handling v his brother Darren Handling!

Never knew his brother played for them.

9 hours ago, Robert James said:

Progress at last - good news.

2025/26 is a long way off though. which is disappointing

Ach - sorry. Should have added that 25/26 is my own sarcastic interpretation of how quickly Edinburgh City Council process planning applications (unless it is to do with student flats or cycle lines - then they are sh*t hot). So maybes a bit before 2025.... 

Just back from a windy Dunbar, decent game in the conditions. Good fightback from the home side, the Handling brothers both finding the net. Chances at both ends, the usual number of subs in the 2nd half, and a good turn out, must have been 150 at least. Enjoyable stuff, are there any plans for ground improvements in the future ? 

4 minutes ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Just back from a windy Dunbar, decent game in the conditions. Good fightback from the home side, the Handling brothers both finding the net. Chances at both ends, the usual number of subs in the 2nd half, and a good turn out, must have been 150 at least. Enjoyable stuff, are there any plans for ground improvements in the future ? 

In regard to Dunbar? I was told the foundations for their new stand (like Easthouse's but bigger) are being started in April.

Just back from the game, a scrappy 1-0 win for City which I'm very happy with. The game became increasingly tetchy in the second half, and quite surprised that it remained 11 v 11 . 500 there including the usual strong away following. Fair to say that a few of your boys had been on the drink....

Big shout out to the CIty young team, we had drums, singing, a flare, and all 30 of them were roundly marched out of the ground en masse by the stewards after 80 minutes. Expect a note home to your Ma....