Edinburgh City

49 minutes ago, Jute said:

Any news on if the programme will be printed this week.

Not yet, club normally puts out a 'Supporters Information' post on Twitter, FB and the club website on the day of the game. I'm excitedly waiting to hear if the key to the merchandise hut has been found. As my baldy heed really needs a City Bobble Hat to keep it warm in the fridge that is Ainslie Park...

5 hours ago, Jute said:

Any news on if the programme will be printed this week.

Probably not.

I did tell the Ed to get the typewriter out as if it's good enough for Tom Hanks it's good enough for him but he looked at me in the same way as a cat looks at you when you serve it the wrong type of Whiskas.

Tl;Dr New technology baffles pissed old hack.

4 hours ago, RubyTuesday said:

Not yet, club normally puts out a 'Supporters Information' post on Twitter, FB and the club website on the day of the game. I'm excitedly waiting to hear if the key to the merchandise hut has been found. As my baldy heed really needs a City Bobble Hat to keep it warm in the fridge that is Ainslie Park...

You'll be lucky, cauld bonce.

I did see Strollers advertising a nice one though...

11 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I did see Strollers advertising a nice one though...

I saw that, looks very Christmassy in the Red & White. 

On a serious note, Clive, The lack of proggy and merchandise sales just adds to the laissez faire attitude around the club at the moment. Hopefully a Robbo hat-trick tonight will ignite the cannons. 

Just back from the game. Firstly, well done to Albion, a thoroughly well drilled performance and some good away support too. We got off lightly with a 4-0 defeat. 

City were bloody abject. Shocking. A terrible first half which left the crowd in silence. Apart from Robbo, I can scarcely remember any of the other 14 players creating any impact whatsoever. Quite how Shanley got a start ahead of Ouzy is a mystery. Not sure what was wrong with Innes Murray (who was at the game) but he was badly missed.  Jinky Hilton has had one good game for the club, completely anonymous tonight and got hooked at half time. 

Chairman Brown laughably said in the Evening News that the club are still aiming for the play-offs. At this rate it'll be the relegation play-offs he's talking about.

Naysmith's decision to dismantle last seasons squad (which made the play offs don't forget) is now coming home to roost. 

264 hardy souls there tonight. I'm predicting less than 200 against Stranraer next week based on tonights sh*t show. Dark days for City. 

1 hour ago, RubyTuesday said:

Just back from the game. Firstly, well done to Albion, a thoroughly well drilled performance and some good away support too. We got off lightly with a 4-0 defeat. 

City were bloody abject. Shocking. A terrible first half which left the crowd in silence. Apart from Robbo, I can scarcely remember any of the other 14 players creating any impact whatsoever. Quite how Shanley got a start ahead of Ouzy is a mystery. Not sure what was wrong with Innes Murray (who was at the game) but he was badly missed.  Jinky Hilton has had one good game for the club, completely anonymous tonight and got hooked at half time. 

Chairman Brown laughably said in the Evening News that the club are still aiming for the play-offs. At this rate it'll be the relegation play-offs he's talking about.

Naysmith's decision to dismantle last seasons squad (which made the play offs don't forget) is now coming home to roost. 

264 hardy souls there tonight. I'm predicting less than 200 against Stranraer next week based on tonights sh*t show. Dark days for City. 

Any views on McKay? Allowing four is a wee bit suggestive that he’s not working so well.

1 hour ago, RubyTuesday said:

Recruitment is the main issue. The squad needed a bit of minor tinkering not the hacksaw that got taken to it.

Tonight was the worst performance I've ever seen from a City team. An utter disgrace. Injuries only can be used to a point. Lack of effort, shape are all down to the manager.

I believe Murray is injured.

4 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Any views on McKay? Allowing four is a wee bit suggestive that he’s not working so well.

Hard to tell with that shitshow tbh. Its been a different defence each time he's played.

17 minutes ago, FatboyFatFTS said:

Recruitment is the main issue. The squad needed a bit of minor tinkering not the hacksaw that got taken to it.

Tonight was the worst performance I've ever seen from a City team. An utter disgrace. Injuries only can be used to a point. Lack of effort, shape are all down to the manager.

I believe Murray is injured.

Hard to tell with that shitshow tbh. Its been a different defence each time he's played.

Worst City performance you’ve ever seen :lol: ... you must be one of these new SPFL types. 

Rovers deserved winners. EC looked a shadow of the team they’ve been the last few years hope they can turn it around. 

From a rovers point of view about City, your 2 center half's looked terrified every time rovers ran at them

The fact that max wright (5'5") was winning ariel duels was a sackable offence

We have now played city 3 times this season, taken 6 points in the league and a penalty shootout win in the league cup, scored 7 conceeded 1

How you sit above us by a point in the league is beyond me, and I mean that with respect

How long before the manager is sacked

28 minutes ago, Crow said:

Worst City performance you’ve ever seen :lol: ... you must be one of these new SPFL types. 

Rovers deserved winners. EC looked a shadow of the team they’ve been the last few years hope they can turn it around. 

Been about since before promotion. Other fans said similar tonight, as did the reporter for the Edinburgh Evening News, who's been writing about our games since the Lowland League started.

9 hours ago, RubyTuesday said:

I don't log in here so much these days as  I've lost a lot of interest in the club this last year,  but  last night's result prompts me to post.

The chairman / board / whoever, have made quite a few Bad decisions since the re-start in March, and giving the managers job to Naysmith was the worst of the lot!

Right from the start it was obvious Gary Naysmith was clueless about our team, by killing the momentum we had built during James MacDonagh's time in charge!

GN inherited a team that probably would have finished second again (No one could match Kelty) and certainly would have made the play-offs comfortably, BUT No, he rips that all to shreds clears everyone out and replaces them with poor standard journeymen and young boys on loan for a bit experience!

Hopefully,  IF the club do the right thing!.......the new manager can clear half that squad out and get better players In, in January to keep us up in League two!

8 hours ago, FatboyFatFTS said:

Been about since before promotion. Other fans said similar tonight, as did the reporter for the Edinburgh Evening News, who's been writing about our games since the Lowland League started.

Aye ok even in Gary Jardine’s early days City were bottom of the EOS Premier. Keith Anderson would still have been the EN scribe mind you. 

15 minutes ago, Crow said:

Aye ok even in Gary Jardine’s early days City were bottom of the EOS Premier. Keith Anderson would still have been the EN scribe mind you. 

That they were. They still showed up and gave effort though.

Whilst the current reporter may not have been the reporter then, that didnt stop him from attending games.

11 hours ago, RubyTuesday said:

Elgin’s decision to stay with the same squad that made the play offs but were ultimately not good enough, is coming home to roost!

I don't log in here so much these days as  I've lost a lot of interest in the club this last year,  but  last night's result prompts me to post.
The chairman / board / whoever, have made quite a few Bad decisions since the re-start in March, and giving the managers job to Naysmith was the worst of the lot!
Right from the start it was obvious Gary Naysmith was clueless about our team, by killing the momentum we had built during James MacDonagh's time in charge!
GN inherited a team that probably would have finished second again (No one could match Kelty) and certainly would have made the play-offs comfortably, BUT No, he rips that all to shreds clears everyone out and replaces them with poor standard journeymen and young boys on loan for a bit experience!
Hopefully,  IF the club do the right thing!.......the new manager can clear half that squad out and get better players In, in January to keep us up in League two!

Have to say I disagree with a lot of this, James had done an excellent job up until the first lockdown that handed Cove the title and denied us a playoff place. After we returned for the new season we were inconsistent and were horsing teams one week and then losing or drawing the next and were failing to gain any momentum for a title charge and by the time we went into the second lockdown, Queen’s Park already had the title in the bag and we were sitting outside of the play-offs. That’s not to say that James couldn’t have turned that around but might have been a factor of moving into a different role.

Gary Naysmith’s appointment was the right manager at the right time He built consistency and momentum, got some improved performances from players that hadn’t been making any impact and dragged us up from 5th place into 2nd and into the L1 Play-off final for the first time in our history. Apart from a poor 2nd half in the first leg, we would have been likely playing League One football this season. At that point I would think that the majority of City fans thought the board had made a brilliant appointment.

The decision to then let go of so many of our players during the summer was a bit of a shocker but he had earned the right to build his own team. After all, the majority of this team had failed to gain promotion into League One now on a number of occasions (ok the no playoff season is a bit harsh).

Then adding in the unplanned departure of Liam Brown and Liam Henderson (not forgetting his assistant Grant Murray) along with the falling out with Blair Henderson in hindsight had left a bigger rebuild than he probably wanted on his hands and in a short period of time to do it.

Recruitment has been a bit of a mixed bag and with the amount of injuries we’ve had, we’ve ended up back at failing to have any consistency, not building any momentum and fans already starting lose patience.

Last night though was unacceptable, the defence was absolutely woeful and with maybe the exception of Robbo, the entire team were not that much better. I’ve been willing to accept the building list of injuries as an excuse so far but that does not forgive last night.

I think Gary and the players need to take a long hard look at themselves today as they can’t afford another performance like that or the majority of fans will be demanding change at the club in the near future.