Edinburgh City

53 minutes ago, Tenkay said:

I don't know anything about Ryan, but if he's as good as Josh Campbell then he'll do well for us next season!  Welcome Ryan.

On another note, I see  Callum Antell joins Liam henderson in signing for Arbroath!   

Amazing these two lads have managed to get contracts with a team two leagues up!  Fair play to them!

Calum is probably signed ad a back up keeper. Mind you he'll have Bobby Douglas coaching him so you never know..

Blair Henderson released (had a year left so must have been paid up or something similar). Naysmith quite simply not f**king about.

Can probably see the logic in this one but big risk to wave goodbye to what amounts to a guarantee of goals.

2 minutes ago, AllyMonc said:

Blair Henderson released (had a year left so must have been paid up or something similar). Naysmith quite simply not f**king about.

Can probably see the logic in this one but big risk to wave goodbye to what amounts to a guarantee of goals.

He maybe wanted to go of course 

I always take statements with a pinch of salt - often both parties are putting a particular spin on things and have agreed something they both find palatable.  City had a very particular style of play and seems to me they are looking to change their approach and need different personnel to do that - rather than just more of the same.  

1 hour ago, AllyMonc said:

Blair Henderson released.

Naysmith quite simply not f**king

Once again I find myself  shaking my  head in disbelief. 😔

Time will tell, but Naysmith is either going to end up looking like a genius, or a fuckin clown

I guess no one will be complaining if we win league two next season, so we'll see how it goes!!!

When he was appointed so me East Fife fans said he'd had to do a rebuilding job there and spoke quite highly of him.

I don't particularly think a rebuilding job was needed at City but we live in interesting times.

To be honest, while we were perhaps not left the worst off by the Covid situation, I was expecting a slimming down of the squad to reflect finances.

Think he’s going on loan to a Championship/League 1 team that’s part time so he can still train with Craig Gordon and get his game time at a higher level than League 2.
We’ve already had 2x offers from Championship teams and my guess is that he will go to Arbroath on loan.
Is stone out of contract?

Heard he may be university bound don't know if that would allow him to stay at hearts?

Is stone out of contract?

Heard he may be university bound don't know if that would allow him to stay at hearts?

Contracted til May 2023, extension was only signed in October last year, so if he’s going to Uni I would imagine it is with the clubs blessing?

11 hours ago, Tenkay said:

I don't know mate.  I doubt Tam, Ally or Pete will know either.

however,  If you ask Blair Henderson, he'll probably be able to help you!

I believe Blair is headed about 6 foot 4 inches above the ground. Or so I've heard.

13 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Didn't see this one coming but Bronsky has swapped Cities- from Elgin to Edinburgh.

Quite happy with this one funnily enough.

#acab

Spoiler

All crosses are Bronskys

Edited by Melanius Mullarkey

20 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

See City are playing all their home games on Friday nights.

Making the best of a bad situation by the looks of it. Left Ainslie Park thinking Meadowbank would be finished only to discover that it was running behind. Looks like they have to settle for Friday’s at Ainslie in the absence of other options.

22 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

See City are playing all their home games on Friday nights.

Might be an interesting experiment at Meadowbank (pubs nearby, relatively easy to get to). Will be absolutely brutal at Ainslie Park, be surprised if we got 150 through the door. 

Feels like the move to Meadowbank is a while away yet

3 minutes ago, Big Dougie said:

Making the best of a bad situation by the looks of it. Left Ainslie Park thinking Meadowbank would be finished only to discover that it was running behind. Looks like they have to settle for Friday’s at Ainslie in the absence of other options.

Aye although they say their still playing on Fridays once they get to Meadowbank.

2 minutes ago, AllyMonc said:

Might be an interesting experiment at Meadowbank (pubs nearby, relatively easy to get to). Will be absolutely brutal at Ainslie Park, be surprised if we got 150 through the door. 

Feels like the move to Meadowbank is a while away yet

Had heard of it being October a while back but could be longer wouldn’t be surprised if you play the whole season at Ainslie.