Edinburgh City

3 hours ago, tamthebam said:

An anagram of their name is The New Codab though..

They should change their name to Cowdenveith, which is an anagram of The New Covid. Both guaranteed to make you sick...

Well we've got Tapping from Stenny now- doesn't seem to have been a great secret as someone itk mentioned it on the Stenny thread.

I was slightly worried about some of the players we've freed who have been good servants- Lairdy, Tommo, Antell but we've got a good nucleus left and Naysmith did a good rebuilding job with East Fife previously. 

24 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Well we've got Tapping from Stenny now- doesn't seem to have been a great secret as someone itk mentioned it on the Stenny thread.

I was slightly worried about some of the players we've freed who have been good servants- Lairdy, Tommo, Antell but we've got a good nucleus left and Naysmith did a good rebuilding job with East Fife previously. 

Tapping is one of the better L2 midfielders and I am happy with Edinburgh's first signing after the great exodus.  Like you say Tam, he will build his team and i can't wait to hear who we have coming along.  

Guest Peter LaFleur

There was chat of Falkirk sniffing about Liam Brown. I’d assume it’d only happen if he had a clause in his contract that allows him to move on if a full time side was interested. Could he step him to league 1?

Edited by Peter LaFleur

There was chat of Falkirk sniffing about Liam Brown. I’d assume it’d only happen if he had something in his contract that allows him to move on if a full time side was interested. Could he step him to league 1?

Could easily play L1 and I’m surprised he isn’t. Hadn’t thought about a clause like that but would make sense.

All things being equal he’ll only play (at most) one more season in L2

Guest Peter LaFleur
24 minutes ago, AllyMonc said:

Could easily play L1 and I’m surprised he isn’t. Hadn’t thought about a clause like that but would make sense.

All things being equal he’ll only play (at most) one more season in L2

I just can’t see there being any truth in the rumour otherwise. What type of midfielder is he?

38 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Your home League Cup groupstage games are Friday + Wednesday... not regular Saturday + Tuesday... but aren't on TV.

Don't clash with Spartans friendlies either.

These at Meadowbank or elsewhere?

Supposed to be Meadowbank, but i'd be surprised if it's ready by then.

3 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Your home League Cup groupstage games are Friday + Wednesday... not regular Saturday + Tuesday... but aren't on TV.

Don't clash with Spartans friendlies either.

These at Meadowbank or elsewhere?

I did hear Meadowbank might not be ready and if Lothian Thistle Hutchi Vale are also moving in to Ainslie Park as rumoured then it will be Friday night football for us.

I don't actually mind Friday night football tbf. Allows for a bit of ground hopping on Saturday (Covid willing). Campbeltown FP anyone...? 

19 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I did hear Meadowbank might not be ready and if Lothian Thistle Hutchi Vale are also moving in to Ainslie Park as rumoured then it will be Friday night football for us.

I wondered why the fixtures were listed as still being at   Ainslie Park!   However, if Meadowbank is not ready yet then that explains why.

So when is it likely now that we'll  start at Meadowbank?

Pre season friendlies against Gala (at Womersley's Folly, yeh!) on 26th June, Bonnyrigg at New Dundas on 29th June and...err.. Rangers B in Glasgow on 3rd July.

Are we taking the Arsecheeks' Shilling with that last one....? :unsure::whistle

5 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Pre season friendlies against Gala (at Womersley's Folly, yeh!) on 26th June, Bonnyrigg at New Dundas on 29th June and...err.. Rangers B in Glasgow on 3rd July.

Are we taking the Arsecheeks' Shilling with that last one....? :unsure::whistle

The first two games at Gala and Bonnyrigg could be good days oot. (IF, we're allowed to attend!)  Both good clubs, good luck to them.

The third game however, I'm very  disappointed with City for taking on.  (and I've been disappointed with the club for two or three things recently!!!)

We could have played anybody in a friendly, but chose to encourage this mob! (Does this make us just as bad as the Lowland League 11?)  Poor from City

Andy Black signing for Kelty is a really hard one to take. If he’s fit (and admittedly that’s a big if) he’s basically Ngolo Kante.

Naysmith better have some absolute galacticos lined up or we’re in serious bother.

Not got much of a new season buzz on just now to be honest, partly concerns about the squad and partly knowing we’ll be back at Ainslie Park for at least the diddy cup games.

Plenty time and all that but lots to do

19 minutes ago, AllyMonc said:

Andy Black signing for Kelty is a really hard one to take. If he’s fit (and admittedly that’s a big if) he’s basically Ngolo Kante.

Naysmith better have some absolute galacticos lined up or we’re in serious bother.

Not got much of a new season buzz on just now to be honest, partly concerns about the squad and partly knowing we’ll be back at Ainslie Park for at least the diddy cup games.

Plenty Tom time and all that but lots to do

Is he decent aye ?? Hope so 🙏🏻

Is he decent aye ?? Hope so [emoji1317]

He was our player of the year a few seasons back, essentially all about how fit he gets, really struggled after a bad injury.

Was sad to see him released, gutted to see him sign for (in theory) our key rival

We couldn't believe Stirling freed Black when we signed him (A few Binos fans couldn't either) as we'd stolen a tasty midfielder there.

It's funny- we free the injured Black and give Allan Smith a new contract. I like Smithy and hope he stays fit next season but sometimes you wonder.