Edinburgh City

5aa8677e7b1f9_hownottotakeapenalty.thumb.jpg.3ad47a3501d0d86d745d690f8c8fe651.jpg

how not to take a penalty when you're looking for a win against your nearest rivals. 

it wasn't a bloody penalty anyway. Lairdy got the ball, the Cowden forward came steaming in, which was fair enough, and tripped over the ball. 

Bit of a flat game. A Shepherd shot hit the bar and Taylor took his goal well as did Cowden's David Cox. I suppose both teams can take something out of the game- we're closer to Berwick and Cowden managed to get a point. 

10 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Ah the proverbial relegation 15 pointer.. 

Will be attending this one. Saw Pars play in a preseason tournament here. Don't think this fixture will have the same appeal without the crumbling communist architecture of Meadowbank as a backdrop. 

I wish I'd read this earlier- I would have looked for a seedy guy in loafers covered in ginger cat fluff :lol:

6 hours ago, tamthebam said:

5aa8677e7b1f9_hownottotakeapenalty.thumb.jpg.3ad47a3501d0d86d745d690f8c8fe651.jpg

how not to take a penalty when you're looking for a win against your nearest rivals. 

it wasn't a bloody penalty anyway. Lairdy got the ball, the Cowden forward came steaming in, which was fair enough, and tripped over the ball. 

Bit of a flat game. A Shepherd shot hit the bar and Taylor took his goal well as did Cowden's David Cox. I suppose both teams can take something out of the game- we're closer to Berwick and Cowden managed to get a point. 

No surprise he fired his penalty straight at the pie stall. Poor lad must have been badly distracted.

2 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

HaHa hahahh coz he is fat! Good 1 mate.

You're cheery as ever. Fat or not he was probably Cowden's best player. Great goal by Cox. Put a bit of pressure on himself with the bollockings he was giving to team mates over fluffed crosses etc so when a chance did come his way the pressure was on. 

On ‎01‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 22:56, tamthebam said:

Most of Cowden's team probably come from Edinburgh but it makes sense even if we/our lovely landlords could be arsed clearing/didn't fear damage to* the pitch

*delete according to bias. 

Oh well, a Saturday afternoon of fun whizzing down Arthur's Seat on a tea tray beckons.. yee ha! 

Mods, please!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Landan Spiv

No walker in the team today. Probs injured still from Tuesday. Sheppard not even making the bench so probs had a knock as well or rested. Grimes and El Alagui up top. Take it Beattie will be captain today or Lairdy? 

Guest Landan Spiv
12 hours ago, tamthebam said:

His name is Ano Ther and his last club was Kazakh aces Hoozefookzhat. 

Sounds about right

Guest Landan Spiv

Official supporters club being touted for next season. Just wanna hear what other city fans think about it. It needs to be done, obviously club politics etc gets left to the board but a well run supporters club is what the club needs. A certain "DJ" and myself will hopefully be having a meeting(informal) with the chairman at the end of the season to discuss what will happen. If there's not enough interest then there's no point. 

Lewis McLear.

Was on loan to us a couple of season ago from St.Mirren. Our team was utter gut rot at the time but he looked to be a very good player. Nice ball player who tried to make things happen.

I don’t actually remember him scoring, but I have it in my head that he was a goal threat, but I may have made that up.

Guest Landan Spiv
On 28/03/2018 at 13:41, Muzza81 said:

Lewis McLear.

Sign him up I say. At least a deal until January so he can blend into the squad and have a whole pre season and start of next season etc to cement his place in the first team. 

He got an assist the other night................ Get him signed haha 

11 hours ago, Landan Spiv said:

Official supporters club being touted for next season. Just wanna hear what other city fans think about it. It needs to be done, obviously club politics etc gets left to the board but a well run supporters club is what the club needs. A certain "DJ" and myself will hopefully be having a meeting(informal) with the chairman at the end of the season to discuss what will happen. If there's not enough interest then there's no point. 

I'm going to form a breakaway club and run a supporters' tandem!

Technically speaking the supporters club was probably the "football section" of the Edinburgh City Social Club...

A supporters club which would strengthen links between fans and the club, give a platform to raise supporter/fan-related issues with the Board, organise transport to away games and the like...would be of interest.

Guest Landan Spiv
17 minutes ago, Mocochinchi said:

A supporters club which would strengthen links between fans and the club, give a platform to raise supporter/fan-related issues with the Board, organise transport to away games and the like...would be of interest.

Have sent Tamthebam and yourself a DM pal