Edinburgh City

2 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

If its curry night can I ask, Is seating for hospitality guests during the game well away from the away support seating, if not is it OK if I move to a seat upwind (to avoid the downwind)? 

In the middle of the stand seats are reserved.

On 15/03/2023 at 11:15, Tommy said:

Makes for a great view if you can climb the fence!

FB_IMG_1678878827366.jpg

Grand free view for the lads there ... great to see Embra's famous parsimonious nature is still alive and kicking ... "Come in, come in - you'll have had your tea?"

image.png.fa8bcc3e1bd17c69ebb7b93120a0e933.png

P&B Auld Reekie FC anyone?

The Citizens are just outside the League One promotional play-offs by the virtue of goal difference as they chase down back-to-back promotions.

Chairman Jim Brown announced earlier this month he is to step down from a position he has held since 2017 at the end of this season and now the board are looking to entice further resources to assist the club moving forward.

A statement from the Meadowbank outfit read: "Further to Jim Brown’s announcement that he will be stepping down as chairman of FC Edinburgh at the end of this season, we would like to thank him for the exceptional contribution he has made to the club over the past five years.

Since our promotion from the Lowland League in 2016, the club has been on an incredible journey, and this season we remain in contention for promotion to the SPFL Championship via the play-offs.

"However, to ensure that we can continue to move forward at pace, the club now requires additional resource, in terms of people, administration, and investment. We are therefore looking at all available strategic options; including but not limited to additional third-party investment, a sale to the right owner, a merging of resources, or fan ownership.

"FC Edinburgh continues to have the support of its key existing investors and shareholders, but we look forward to engaging with interested parties and discussing the opportunities that exist for the club.

"If you are interested in becoming part of FC Edinburgh's future success, please get in touch at enquiries@fcedinburgh.com to arrange a meeting."

I assume a name change without consulting supporters thus alienating some of the fanbase isn't counted as one of the contributions?

They play on my doorstep.  I have a number of good friends (all ex-Meadowbank Thistle fans) who got involved with Edinburgh City post the Livi thing, so I had a soft spot for them.  Before the events of last summer I might have been tempted to chuck a few quid in the kitty to help them out (I sponsored a player a few years ago).  I would also have expected to go to quite a few games this season.  After the events of last summer I wouldn't give them the steam off you know what and Friday will be the second and last time I walk 5 minutes to the 'stadium' this season.

Sorry to hurt any decent person still involved, but this steaming pile of sh1te sums up Jim Brown and others involved at the time. The legal arguments are laughable and the chat about 'the brand' are beyond satire.

16 hours ago, Parttimesupporter said:

They play on my doorstep.  I have a number of good friends (all ex-Meadowbank Thistle fans) who got involved with Edinburgh City post the Livi thing, so I had a soft spot for them.  Before the events of last summer I might have been tempted to chuck a few quid in the kitty to help them out (I sponsored a player a few years ago).  I would also have expected to go to quite a few games this season.  After the events of last summer I wouldn't give them the steam off you know what and Friday will be the second and last time I walk 5 minutes to the 'stadium' this season.

Sorry to hurt any decent person still involved, but this steaming pile of sh1te sums up Jim Brown and others involved at the time. The legal arguments are laughable and the chat about 'the brand' are beyond satire.

If you really want to stick it up them (and assuming they don’t put up any barrier/fence in the next 24 hours), the whole of Marionville Road side is now open, looking into the pitch. 

Much better view as well 😬

6 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

If you really want to stick it up them (and assuming they don’t put up any barrier/fence in the next 24 hours), the whole of Marionville Road side is now open, looking into the pitch. 

Much better view as well 😬

Noticed that but our Category A tickets have already been secured 🤣

5 hours ago, sidofthesouth said:

Tried to buy 2 tickets for seating area in away end for tonight, but they seem to be sold out.

Are standing tickets available? Couldnt see anything on the ticket website and you guys dont seem to have an office/contact number?

There is a shop which is close to the ground where you should be able to get tickets.  Should show up here.

Google Maps

Just posted this on tonight's match thread but maybe it makes more sense to put it on this one:

You'll have to pardon my ignorance here, but I just noticed that the FC Edinburgh (or Edinburgh FC, or whatever) club crest still shows the date 1928.  Wasn't it the social club formed that was formed in 1928?  I would have thought that given the recent fraught relations between the football club and the social club that the date on the badge should really be showing 1966 to reflect when the current club was formed as Postal United?

These trivialities matter to me!

54 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

Just posted this on tonight's match thread but maybe it makes more sense to put it on this one:

You'll have to pardon my ignorance here, but I just noticed that the FC Edinburgh (or Edinburgh FC, or whatever) club crest still shows the date 1928.  Wasn't it the social club formed that was formed in 1928?  I would have thought that given the recent fraught relations between the football club and the social club that the date on the badge should really be showing 1966 to reflect when the current club was formed as Postal United?

These trivialities matter to me!

The original club was formed in 1928 don't know when the social club opened but as you say as FCE have now severed ties with the club they can't really claim the 1928 surely.

13 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

2022 is the only year they can associate with.

or 1986 when they reformed. I suppose they could go back to when Postal United were formed it was the early 1900's but can't remember the exact date.

19 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

2022 is the only year they can associate with.

Mind you, there are clubs out there that cling to history that died a long time ago. Yes Rangers International, I am looking at you.

5 hours ago, Parttimesupporter said:

Great view tonight.  Wasn't sure whether it was better to crouch low and look under the bar or edge up and annoy the folk in the row behind .  Fortunately the main action was down our end.  

view.jpg

Went along as a neutral. The view is okay from the back (3rd!) row.

20230324_195851.jpg

5 hours ago, forfarton said:

Went along as a neutral. The view is okay from the back (3rd!) row.

20230324_195851.jpg

Did you get vertigo up there in the top tier?

More seriously, as a neutral, how did you assess the two sides last night?