Edinburgh City

Hibs have announced a friendly against 'FC Edinburgh' on Thursday 8th December at Easter Road. 

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/hibs-to-host-fc-edinburgh-in-december-friendly?fbclid=IwAR04optCjKQlZs9U9N0KjZ7426r2nsm-F9U-xvAEdsYSi9dMnrSsnNtjvSg

No indication of when the FC will be dropped from the name as announced by the owner last week...

On 04/11/2022 at 11:02, RubyTuesday said:

Hibs have announced a friendly against 'FC Edinburgh' on Thursday 8th December at Easter Road.

Does anyone know how long we have the 3 boys on loan from Hibs?

Is it until January or for the full season?

The Drumchapel United v Edinburgh Scottish Cup tie on 26 November will be at Maryhill Juniors' ground, Lochburn Park - the Donald Dewar Centre is being returfed.

We played against BSC Glasgow at Lochburn Park often enough in the Lowland League days.  There were a lot of problems with soggy pitches in those days.

Too early to start a match thread for the upcoming Alloa game so i have a few questions for you all

1 .....Parking  ... Preferably free but where is best ?

2... Catering... i have heard their is no pie stall is this true ?

3 ..  Viewing ..  should i bring  my big binoculars or just my pocket ones  ?

4 ..  Do i need a  ticket or is it PATG ?

I thank you .

3 hours ago, Vegetableman said:

Too early to start a match thread for the upcoming Alloa game so i have a few questions for you all

Hi V.man,

1.  I'm Not sure where best to park, someone else will advise no doubt!

2. There IS a food van just inside the turnstles, reasonably good it is too.

3. The View is decent. The Block Alloa fans will be sitting the view is OK. (It's only big supports, Dunfermline and Falkirk that need the binoculars!)

4. If you look at Edinburgh's twitter page there is link to fanbase to pre-book your tickets.

Hope that helps buddy.   Looking forward to a good game. Your team is in good form just now, so should be a cracker.

On 10/11/2022 at 15:20, scrooge1928 said:

The Drumchapel United v Edinburgh Scottish Cup tie on 26 November will be at Maryhill Juniors' ground, Lochburn Park - the Donald Dewar Centre is being returfed.

We played against BSC Glasgow at Lochburn Park often enough in the Lowland League days.  There were a lot of problems with soggy pitches in those days.

I will take a wild guess here, knowing the Maryhill pitch well,   GAME OFF even although the game is still 10 days away..

14 hours ago, Vegetableman said:

I thank you .

10 hours ago, Tenkay said:

Hi V.man,

1.  I'm Not sure where best to park, someone else will advise no doubt!

2. There IS a food van just inside the turnstles, reasonably good it is too.

3. The View is decent. The Block Alloa fans will be sitting the view is OK. (It's only big supports, Dunfermline and Falkirk that need the binoculars!)

4. If you look at Edinburgh's twitter page there is link to fanbase to pre-book your tickets.

Hope that helps buddy.   Looking forward to a good game. Your team is in good form just now, so should be a cracker.

The streets around the ground are all unrestricted free parking as far as I can see. Which is both a plus and a minus of course. You just need to drive around till you find a space. I got one on the immediate far side of the ground so was probably quite lucky. I was probably parking parallel with the halfway line on the side you can't enter from so just had to walk around the ground to the front to get in.

There was a food van as Tenkay says. Didn't use it so can't comment whether it's any good.

The view from the back row of the stand (3rd row) is ok. It's not brilliant because it's not high enough, but it's ok. I imagine the two below isn't good and there's been complaints that if you sit in the front row the fence around the pitch is directly in your eyeline. Basically there are 499 seats and either 150 of them or 300 of them are in practice usable. If you have to stand (about 150 did at our game) then you'll be 25 - 30 yards from the pitch on a flat standing area. Far from ideal. I didn't stand but those who did said it was a dreadful viewing experience.

You can pre-purchase tickets via Fanbase as Tenkay said. When we were there they also sold paper tickets for the Luddites at the Club Shop just around the corner from the ground. I presume they do so every week. I'm not sure about Tenkay's reference to a "block" for away fans. There was no segregation and no ability to buy an "away" ticket when we were there and fans were just mixed. I think you could book a particular seat in advance but I didn't buy in advance so not certain.

10 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

Genuinely I'm bringing the 20x zoom incase our normal setup isn't adequate..

I imagine your normal set up will be fine. When we were there a fortnight ago Edinburgh filmed from a strange position on the Main Stand side, relatively low and much nearer one goal than the other.  Malcolm filmed from a scaffold gantry on the halfway line on the dugout side not unlike the one at Alloa. Only issue was it was bright sunshine first half and filming more or less straight into it.

57 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I imagine your normal set up will be fine. When we were there a fortnight ago Edinburgh filmed from a strange position on the Main Stand side, relatively low and much nearer one goal than the other.  Malcolm filmed from a scaffold gantry on the halfway line on the dugout side not unlike the one at Alloa. Only issue was it was bright sunshine first half and filming more or less straight into it.

In all likelihood that's all very irrelevant.

Park at Meadowbank retail park where Sainsburys/Costa etc is, which is a 5 minute stroll down to the stadium.

You get 3 hours free parking, tons of people use it when going to matches at Easter Road, I’ve used it a couple of time going to games at Meadowbank recently.

Give yourself plenty time if driving, especially if coming through the town, it’s a nightmare at present. Best bet might be coming round the bypass and off at Gilmerton junction or something like that.

Dont park across the road at McDonalds it is 2hrs and you will probably be sent a parking charge from a company down in England. Some say you can ignore these but i decided to pay the £50 as they threaten to eventually handover to debt collectors. We are due back on Dec 24th i think but am considering giving Meadowbank a miss until the whole matchday experience is improved

10 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

Been told that there is no access to power in the entire ground and using an extension cable is an unacceptable trip hazard.

My expectations were low but I get the impression they were still too optimistic.

😆

I've heard there's a great view from the committee room and it probably has a plug. Maybe a kind Alloa director can smuggle you in?

• 2 weeks later...