Edinburgh City

Have the listened? Seems the same wishy washy ‘it will all be sorted soon, we promise?’  that’s been their narrative for quite a  while now. 

To the problems that don’t include the ground, it’s the first steps to actually trying to resolve the mess they made pre-season. On the ground improvements, I’ll believe it when I see it. Hopefully that fence is closer to the pitch before Dunfermline are back again.

"We expect to be able to make the area behind the goals within the D area accessible to fans, which should make for a great standing experience closer to the action"

'Expect' to make a 'great' standing area. What will be great about it?

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

"We expect to be able to make the area behind the goals within the D area accessible to fans, which should make for a great standing experience closer to the action"

You'll be standing in a big D!

Edinburgh are arguably the most intriguing club in the SPFL at the moment given they are doing really well despite the off-field mess. £12 is a fair price for League 1 and I'd imagine possibly the cheapest in the league but it looks like the damage has maybe already been done with the stuff over the summer.

14 hours ago, Parttimesupporter said:

Around  about 10 minutes in this update.  Very sad that a club who battled their way up through the leagues driven by good guys have been turned into a laughing stock by charlatans.

Still makes no sense. I can see that they wouldn't be allowed to register "Edinburgh Ltd" but what's wrong with "Edinburgh FC" rather than the other way round? Meadowbank Thistle were nearly called "Edinburgh FFC" but that still reeked of sponsorship which back then was a Bad Thing.

Edited by GordonD

The owner said that the club's target this season was to avoid relegation. I'd say another 5 wins out of the remaining 24 games will be enough. Given the pelters that other League 1 fans are giving us, gawd help us if we actually get promoted to the Championship....

Have the listened? Seems the same wishy washy ‘it will all be sorted soon, we promise?’  that’s been their narrative for quite a  while now. 

I think they have listened. Meadowbank isn’t a quick fix but they are trying to progress some kind of improvement, they’ve reduced prices to £12 and have acknowledged the mess relating to the rename. Obviously the first one is outwith their control and they won’t be able to unpick or correct the absolute shit show that came with the last one. As suggested the damage may be down but they appear to have at least listened (far too late obviously).

56 minutes ago, RubyTuesday said:

The owner said that the club's target this season was to avoid relegation. I'd say another 5 wins out of the remaining 24 games will be enough. Given the pelters that other League 1 fans are giving us, gawd help us if we actually get promoted to the Championship....

Dumbarton were relegated on 34 points last season, we're on 24 so far, so potentially only 4 wins.  I haven't looked at the Championship forum but I'd imagine Cove Rangers are probably getting pelters up there.

7 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

It will be greatly exposed to the weather, and if the area is busy a short-arse like me will have great difficulty getting a decent view.

LTHV got the ainslie lease cos you didn’t fight for it, despite knowing medowbank was a shithole. You could have tried to get saughton, pefffermill, megetland, civil service along with all those private rugby grounds you turn your nose up at. Rugby is shite but their stadiums are better for football than shite athletics grounds by 1000%.

While I agree with your sentiment, the alternative grounds you’ve listed aren’t fit for purpose either (ie league 1 if your using meadowbank as the baseline). Pefermill has something like 100 seats (and just surrounding grass?), Civil Service similar and I’m not sure Saughton has any seats - but does have a running track from memory! I can imagine your thoughts if you and the huge Dunfermline support turned up to one of them! Meggetland is interesting but Tynecastle already play there (along with the rugby team obviously) so not sure how that could work.
*apologies if I’m remembering any of these grounds incorrectly or have missed any recent development work!

2 hours ago, Airdrie76 said:

While I agree with your sentiment, the alternative grounds you’ve listed aren’t fit for purpose either (ie league 1 if your using meadowbank as the baseline). Pefermill has something like 100 seats (and just surrounding grass?), Civil Service similar and I’m not sure Saughton has any seats - but does have a running track from memory! I can imagine your thoughts if you and the huge Dunfermline support turned up to one of them! Meggetland is interesting but Tynecastle already play there (along with the rugby team obviously) so not sure how that could work.
*apologies if I’m remembering any of these grounds incorrectly or have missed any recent development work!

Saugton has proper banking so whilst you are away from the pitch you have a raised view and can have more than 1 short arse in front of you to see the pitch. pefermill isn't a big ground but everyone can watch pitchside. Same at civil service.  If your going to have fans standing on grass, no cover and virtually no faculties then at least make sure there's nothing restricting view(at medowbank it's about 75% of the ground restricted view between equipment stores and dugouts) and a bit of banking to let fans stand behind each other, this is tier 6 and below basics, Christ even the poorest non-league teams tend to spend some time and effort to put hard standing in.  I'm not saying any of the options are great but they all have attributes that make them significantly better than medowbank, even if they'd still be the worse grounds in the league. 

Edited by parsforlife

Saugton has proper banking so whilst you are away from the pitch you have a raised view and can have more than 1 short arse in front of you to see the pitch. pefermill isn't a big ground but everyone can watch pitchside. Same at civil service.  If your going to have fans standing on grass, no cover and virtually no faculties then at least make sure there's nothing restricting view(at medowbank it's about 75% of the ground restricted view between equipment stores and dugouts) and a bit of banking to let fans stand behind each other, this is tier 6 and below basics, Christ even the poorest non-league teams tend to spend some time and effort to put hard standing in.  I'm not saying any of the options are great but they all have attributes that make them significantly better than medowbank, even if they'd still be the worse grounds in the league. 

I’m not saying Meadowbank is fit for purpose, it’s not as it stands, (though I sat back row, ahem, row 3 of the stand and didn’t think it was bad as it was going to be). But if you’re seriously claiming facilities at Saughton for instance (with no seats!) are league 1 standard we’ll have to agree to disagree. That’s ignoring the fact LTHV moved out of it for valid reasons and the fact the place is used for… athletics too (one of your biggest Meadowbank gripes)!

18 hours ago, RubyTuesday said:

If Edinburgh were to be promoted to the championship, is there any chance one of the big two in Edinburgh would be open to a ground share? Would likely mean Edinburgh as a 2nd partner, being moved about to Sundays / Fridays for games occasionally, but would obviously be a far better football experience, even if the ground was quite empty (could maybe get a few thousand here and there against bigger sides).

8 hours ago, Airdrie76 said:

I’m not saying Meadowbank is fit for purpose, it’s not as it stands, (though I sat back row, ahem, row 3 of the stand and didn’t think it was bad as it was going to be). But if you’re seriously claiming facilities at Saughton for instance (with no seats!) are league 1 standard we’ll have to agree to disagree. That’s ignoring the fact LTHV moved out of it for valid reasons and the fact the place is used for… athletics too (one of your biggest Meadowbank gripes)!

saughton isn’t fit for purpose,  but you can watch the game without constantly trying to find a view of the action, something you can’t do at medowbank. 

Never went in the stand,  I think that’s maybe why you have a different opinion, however shit that experience was it’s a thousand times worse standing as there’s very few places that you can see the whole pitch comfortably and the places you can end up 5-6 deep on a shitty patch of flat grass.  I doubt you could find a worse place to watch football in Scotland 

Edited by parsforlife