Edinburgh City

3 hours ago, GordonD said:

Shame they don't make these things any more or you could have had the best of both worlds.
See the source image

There's one of those things in the Scottish Football Museum

I never saw one at a game but a bloke down the road had one.

12 hours ago, kevsmart said:

Could always ground share at The Dam Health, more seats and no athletics track

Had to Google that! But aye, didn't fancy going to "mini Murrayfield" at the time it was spoken about, but now it seems like a much better option!  

53 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Would you have preferred to have stayed at Ainslie Park?

Oh Yes, most definitely!

I liked it there, although I always seem to be in the minority amongst City fans!

I think though, in hindsight maybe a few more are now wishing we hadn't be in so much rush to go "home", even although the new Meadowbank is nothing like "home" as we remember it...

5 hours ago, Tenkay said:

Oh Yes, most definitely!

I liked it there, although I always seem to be in the minority amongst City fans!

I think though, in hindsight maybe a few more are now wishing we hadn't be in so much rush to go "home", even although the new Meadowbank is nothing like "home" as we remember it...

Where are the photos of the new ground ?  I haven't been to the 'stadium' since Meadowbank Thistle folded. It doesn't sound like it's worth going/seeing the developoment ?

7 hours ago, Robert James said:

I haven't been to the 'stadium' since Meadowbank Thistle folded. It doesn't sound like it's worth going/seeing the developoment ?

It's no a stadium anymore Rob, it's now just a leisure centre with a football pitch at the back.

And No. It's not worth going to see it at the moment.

Just wait a few more years until the other stand is finished being built.....

Edited by Tenkay

19 hours ago, Robert James said:

Where are the photos of the new ground ?  I haven't been to the 'stadium' since Meadowbank Thistle folded. It doesn't sound like it's worth going/seeing the developoment ?

There are some photos in the "Random Matches you are going to thread" in Misc Other Football Chat section. A couple of guys went to a Forth Capital Franchise game and I went to see Leef Afletik who also play there 

• 2 weeks later...

No posts on this thread for 2 weeks, but I did notice that City were actually playing tonight while I was scrolling down the Nations Leagues scores. Another 4 goals shipped tonight against QOTS to go with the 4 on Saturday. Maybe the team are as ambivalent as the followers of the club at the moment....

43 minutes ago, RubyTuesday said:

Another 4 goals shipped tonight against QOTS to go with the 4 on Saturday. Maybe the team are as ambivalent as the followers of the club at the moment....

I'm giving you a greenie for using ambivalent.  Pretty much sums our support this season.

Anyway, I watched the highlights of the League game on saturday.

I'll offer you lackadaisical.   Seemed the case for a few of the players, particulary Danny Handling, and of course Jack Brydon for the first and third goals.

I don't know what's happened recently, but after winning 6-0 at Airdrie to now losing 4 goals twice to Queens is quite a turnaround.

Hopefully, the boys will get it sorted out over the next week before the Montrose game.

I'll give credit to the Board. You may be making a pig's arse of running things (yet another new commercial manager in yet?) but as normally I would have been daft enough to travel to Dumfries on a Thursday night as one of the long term City supporters you've ignored just to see a 4-0 pasting you've saved me some time and money. 

Keep up the good work :thumsup2

17 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I'll give credit to the Board. You may be making a pig's arse of running things (yet another new commercial manager in yet?) but as normally I would have been daft enough to travel to Dumfries on a Thursday night as one of the long term City supporters you've ignored just to see a 4-0 pasting you've saved me some time and money. 

Keep up the good work :thumsup2

So you were not one of the  4   traveling support .

Our support has gone down but not to that level 

Think that is the smallest away support I have seen .

26 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

So you were not one of the  4   traveling support .

Our support has gone down but not to that level 

Think that is the smallest away support I have seen .

They are boycotting the club, well most of them are anyway, it's hardly a fair comparison.

Nordsjaelland had 1 away supporter when they played us in the UEFA Cup in 2008.