Edinburgh City

On 13/08/2022 at 19:18, Tenkay said:

I really wish you guys could sort yourselves out and get back to, at least supporting the Players!

We've a cracking team this season with better players than we've ever had, and really they deserve a decent support!!!

You's have all missed out on two cracking away days at Kelty and Alloa! A real shame.

That's all I'm going to say!

You really haven't got a clue what is going on between the board(owner) and the core support of which all but about 4 have walked away. 

Do you not think we are desperate to get back to supporting our club? Do you think we want to be sat at home or getting dragged around a supermarket every Saturday? 

1 hour ago, Billy Bleach said:

You really haven't got a clue what is going on between the board(owner) and the core support of which all but about 4 have walked away.

You're right mate!

I genuinely Don't have a clue why  you's have stopped going to support the players?

You could DM me if you want.

The only thing I can see is the name change thing, (which doesn't bother me), but there MUST be more to it than that.?

1 hour ago, Tenkay said:

You're right mate!

I genuinely Don't have a clue why  you's have stopped going to support the players?

The only thing I can see is the name change thing, (which doesn't bother me), but there MUST be more to it than that.?

Listen to Ally Moncs contribution on the Wasps nest Alloa podcast from last week. Sums it up pretty well.

1 hour ago, ARFC Exile said:

Listen to Ally Moncs contribution on the Wasps nest Alloa podcast from last week. Sums it up pretty well.

Cheers ARFC. @Tenkay it's a culmination of things all tied together with atrocious communication and a total disregard for the fanbase. 

14 hours ago, Tenkay said:

You're right mate!

A lot more to it. If you listen to Alloa podcast our very own AllyMonc featured on then you'll gain a better understanding.  Theres also a lot more things we are questioning which hopefully we will get to air pretty soon

Edited by Billy Bleach

Anyone know if FC Edinburgh are charging for Under 20 games at the stadium on a Friday night?  We know one of lads playing so were planning to pop along tomorrow.

Quite happy to pay, but I know that Edinburgh use Fanbase and nothing on there or on Edinburgh’s poor website, so guessing not.

53 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Anyone know if FC Edinburgh are charging for Under 20 games at the stadium on a Friday night?  We know one of lads playing so were planning to pop along tomorrow.

Quite happy to pay, but I know that Edinburgh use Fanbase and nothing on there or on Edinburgh’s poor website, so guessing not.

veryintesting.thumb.jpg.ae77bb5a2861dbc416d9deb89e05a12e.jpg

anuzzer vun for vatching from der bushes.... very interesting... 

23 hours ago, tamthebam said:

veryintesting.thumb.jpg.ae77bb5a2861dbc416d9deb89e05a12e.jpg

anuzzer vun for vatching from der bushes.... very interesting... 

I’ll keep an eye out for a malcontent skulking about the trees on Marionville Road 🤔

Predictably FC Edinburgh have absolutely nothing about their Development team’s games on any of their platforms that I can see, wouldn’t know there is a game on.  

They seem to have a few wee nerdy types buzzing about at home games doing social media stuff, think they could get one of them to acknowledge existence of the game. 

6 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

I’ll keep an eye out for a malcontent skulking about the trees on Marionville Road 🤔

Predictably FC Edinburgh have absolutely nothing about their Development team’s games on any of their platforms that I can see, wouldn’t know there is a game on.  

They seem to have a few wee nerdy types buzzing about at home games doing social media stuff, think they could get one of them to acknowledge existence of the game. 

You'll be lucky, I'm off to Strathspey Thistle v Fraserburgh tomorrow

The website doesn't mention the women's games either. I do notice the women's team are playing a "home" game at Hibs Training Centre on Sunday. Hopefully they won't be charged for it given the tie up with Hibs... 

2 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

You'll be lucky, I'm off to Strathspey Thistle v Fraserburgh tomorrow

Nice one, beautiful part of the country. Went to a Highland League game at Deveronvale last season, great wee set up there.

I think there are about 15 of us in the ground at the moment, no surprise I guess.

On 19/08/2022 at 13:04, Cowdenleith said:

I have found the clubs mouthpiece - it is the matchday programme. 

It has a women's section in it with details of all of the fixtures and a handy map telling you how far it is to each away game. There was also a bleating article with a grumbling apology to the Falkirk fans about the facilities even before the game had started. The club had asked Edinburgh Leisure if they could put up some temporary stands in the "D" between the running track and the goals (and even printed a photo of other grounds that had that facility to show how it could work) - this was knocked back. 

The atmosphere was dire yesterday, complete silence at half time, no music, no half time scores from the other games, nada. Except for wee Aaron announcing the return of " FC Edinbugh! " to the pitch using his roving microphone......

I have found the clubs mouthpiece - it is the matchday programme. 
It has a women's section in it with details of all of the fixtures and a handy map telling you how far it is to each away game. There was also a bleating article with a grumbling apology to the Falkirk fans about the facilities even before the game had started. The club had asked Edinburgh Leisure if they could put up some temporary stands in the "D" between the running track and the goals (and even printed a photo of other grounds that had that facility to show how it could work) - this was knocked back. 

The atmosphere was dire yesterday, complete silence at half time, no music, no half time scores from the other games, nada. Except for wee Aaron announcing the return of " FC Edinbugh! " to the pitch using his roving microphone......

The programme has pretty much been my only source of information from the club this season. Scrooge1928 does a fantastic job on it.

16 minutes ago, Bay Citizen said:

The programme has pretty much been my only source of information from the club this season. Scrooge1928 does a fantastic job on it.

Yes, I would agree with that. It is a brilliant proggy and has been for many years. 

Genuine questions & not on the wind up here. Why are you ticket prices obscenely high for such a god awful supporters experience and so called "stadium"?? By the looks of it the worst ground in the SPFL by a country mile. Makes Cowdenbeath's racetrack look good. Asking £18 for the pleasure is an insult. 

Hi Edinburgh friends,

I’m hoping to go through to the game next weekend with my dad. However, he has fairly bad sciatica in his back and finds it difficult to stand for an extended period without something to lean on. Whilst I don’t think we’ll take a massive support through, are away fans able to sit in the wee stand too as this’d be the preferred option for him rather than the standing section?

Ta, in advance.

Hi Edinburgh friends,
I’m hoping to go through to the game next weekend with my dad. However, he has fairly bad sciatica in his back and finds it difficult to stand for an extended period without something to lean on. Whilst I don’t think we’ll take a massive support through, are away fans able to sit in the wee stand too as this’d be the preferred option for him rather than the standing section?
Ta, in advance.

No seat allocation like there was for Dunfermline and Falkirk, it’ll just be a go where you want including our wee stand which is almost the same number of seats at Ainslie but in 3 rows.

Genuine questions & not on the wind up here. Why are you ticket prices obscenely high for such a god awful supporters experience and so called "stadium"?? By the looks of it the worst ground in the SPFL by a country mile. Makes Cowdenbeath's racetrack look good. Asking £18 for the pleasure is an insult. 

£18 seems to be the going rate for League 1 football but paying that for the standing area as it is at the moment is a joke.