Edinburgh City

36 minutes ago, 101 said:

Are the people running your club okay?

Good question. I'll be charitable. On one hand, the Board have supported the manager, appointed a commercial manager and made some pretty decent permanent and loan signings. 

On the other, they have chosen to alienate the bulk of the (very small by SPFL standards) fanbase, and pursue the corporate pound that I just don't think exists for a place like Meadowbank. 

2 hours ago, 101 said:

£100 and you don't get unlimited free bevy, with that price you will be competing with Hearts and Hibs to watch a game of far less quality with a far poorer view. 

Are the people running your club okay?

Madder than Mad Jack McMad 

So normal for Scottish football club boards

Great start to the season for the Citizens. 
I never went, but my 10 year old ventured over with my wife and he was suitably impressed with the performance.
Looked solid in the first half. Kelty thought they should have had a penalty - I'll wait for the video before I decide. We took a bit of pressure after half time but really came back into it towards the end; Robbo had a penalty saved, and in the last five minutes keeper made great saves from Murray and See before Ouzy got a second almost on full time.
Great team performance, good debuts by Mutch, Johnson and Jacobs. All-black second strip looks smart.

32 minutes ago, Parttimesupporter said:

CJ from Reggie Perrin.  I guess you have to be the wrong side of 50 to get the reference 😜

Sadly I am the wrong side of 50...

CJ with the farting chairs (something which might add to the atmosphere at subutteo Meadowbank!)

I recognised CJ but had forgotten the farting chairs.

"I didn't get where I am today by changing the name of the football team without consulting the supporters. Neither Mrs CJ nor I have ever changed anything without consulting the supporters."

Judging by the twitter account the ticket sales for Dunfermline at home on Saturday are an absoltute farce. Was down at the gym earlier and as far as I can see that for the increased capacity (800 odd?) it's just standing on the grass on the opposite side of the stand (the wee green fence seems to go right round now). No elevation and no cover mean it's not exactly a bargain for £18 even in the current cliamte of spiraling prices.

5 minutes ago, AllyMonc said:

Judging by the twitter account the ticket sales for Dunfermline at home on Saturday are an absoltute farce. Was down at the gym earlier and as far as I can see that for the increased capacity (800 odd?) it's just standing on the grass on the opposite side of the stand (the wee green fence seems to go right round now). No elevation and no cover mean it's not exactly a bargain for £18 even in the current cliamte of spiraling prices.

So have I just been mugged off for £30?

10 minutes ago, 101 said:

So have I just been mugged off for £30?

Depends on your definition 101 but, by any reasonable measure, aye, looks like it. I mean my season ticket was £250 so I'm a (willing) victim here as well

Just now, AllyMonc said:

Depends on your definition 101 but, by any reasonable measure, aye, looks like it. I mean my season ticket was £250 so I'm a (willing) victim here as well

FC Edinburgh have said that it's now Dunfermline issuing tickets and now you lot on the app which is where I have bought them. 

Also looks like folk who need a seat are just being ignored the request which doesn't seem particularly fair as not everyone can stand for 2 hours, surely you have disabled access?

5 minutes ago, 101 said:

FC Edinburgh have said that it's now Dunfermline issuing tickets and now you lot on the app which is where I have bought them. 

Also looks like folk who need a seat are just being ignored the request which doesn't seem particularly fair as not everyone can stand for 2 hours, surely you have disabled access?

bizarre stuff - assumed there would be an away fans option on Fanbase. I think buying on the app is correct. Good point on the disabled access, I've genuinely no idea. I'd suggest people tweet the club but not sure what the arrangements will be - crucial they have something for those fans.