Edinburgh City

East Fife managed to throw up a temp stand a few years back, couldn't Edinburgh do something similar? 

It’s been well known for several years that the new Meadowbank was not going to be fit for purpose as a League Two ground, let alone League One, which is why the club had been searching for a new ground.
Meadowbank then approached the club last year and told them they could build a new stand on the opposite side to increase the capacity of the ground.
The club then submitted planning permission for a new stand which was a combination of additional seating and covered terracing and the plan was to have all this in place by the beginning of the season. Planning permission was approved in April but the club couldn’t get access to the site and Edinburgh Leisure wouldn’t confirm any dates.
Since then, the housing developer that’s now taken on the site behind where the stand would be have said that they don’t want the stand to be built until they build their houses.
Meadowbank only officially opened last week and the club were given permission to use the ground for their league cup matches as ‘test’ events with restricted access to the existing stand capacity (499) only.
As far as I’m aware the plan is to provide more standing access in time for our first home league game to increase capacity but how that’s going to work, I’ve no idea.
As much as the club is to blame for poor implementation of changes during the close season, the issues at Meadowbank has been out of their hands and I genuinely think they’re trying their best to resolve issues.

With both us and Falkirk coming during August, it feels like a massively missed opportunity to bring in a bit more cash to the club, given you'd expect those games to be the biggest away supports. 

Must be so frustrating being a fan, it should be a time of celebration and excitement. 

34 minutes ago, Bay Citizen said:

As far as I’m aware the plan is to provide more standing access in time for our first home league game to increase capacity but how that’s going to work, I’ve no idea.

That's next week. There's absolutely no chance you'll have something in place I think.

That's next week. There's absolutely no chance you'll have something in place I think.
I think a previous poster mentioned they saw a barrier being built on the opposite side of the stand, so I think something will be in place by next Saturday but whether it's just going to be a long grassy patch to stand on, I've not got a clue.

7 minutes ago, Bay Citizen said:

I think a previous poster mentioned they saw a barrier being built on the opposite side of the stand, so I think something will be in place by next Saturday but whether it's just going to just be a long grassy patch to stand on, I've not got a clue.

There is a barrier on opposite side of pitch from stand that ran along grass strip at Leith game last week. Didn’t look much room between it and fence for folk to stand. 

EDFE7873-5A37-4054-906C-EBDC067280B1.jpeg

Edited by Jute

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Must be so frustrating being a fan, it should be a time of celebration and excitement. 

Between the problems at Meadowbank and putting fans off with the name change without any consultation, it's not great fun at the minute.

How would that standing section work in terms of entry/exit, toilets and catering? Also does it not need a safety certificate (or does the ground already have one for such an area)?

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

How would that standing section work in terms of entry/exit, toilets and catering? Also does it not need a safety certificate (or does the ground already have one for such an area)?

A lot of guesswork here as I've only attended the test events but as you go through the turnstiles the catering van was just on your left with the stand on your right, I'd assume you'd just carry on past the van, behind the running track to the standing area, so it'd be pretty close by.  Toilets are a different matter as they're behind the stand and you can't access it from the entrance side as that was blocked off for the players changing rooms and you'd have to walk almost the full length of the stand to where there's an access corridor and then double back on yourself to get there.  I'd think that's an unreasonable distance and would expect some sort of temporary ones set up, unless they change access to the back of the stand or let you access from the opposite side of the pitch.

Guest AberhillEnd
8 minutes ago, Bay Citizen said:

A lot of guesswork here as I've only attended the test events but as you go through the turnstiles the catering van was just on your left with the stand on your right, I'd assume you'd just carry on past the van, behind the running track to the standing area, so it'd be pretty close by.  Toilets are a different matter as they're behind the stand and you can't access it from the entrance side as that was blocked off for the players changing rooms and you'd have to walk almost the full length of the stand to where there's an access corridor and then double back on yourself to get there.  I'd think that's an unreasonable distance and would expect some sort of temporary ones set up, unless they change access to the back of the stand or let you access from the opposite side of the pitch.

Gretna ( the defunct version) had two portaloos which only the brave or desperate would enter.

Kyle Jacobs should be a decent bit of business for yourselves. Just completely fell out of favour at Morton and hasn’t played consistently for a while now, despite being captain. With a run of games he should be a not bad asset. 

Jacobs should be a very good signing for League One. Excellent at breaking play up in the middle of the park and can play at full-back too. His simple passing game is wild though which is why Imrie ultimately wanted him out the door. 

4 hours ago, Bay Citizen said:

In place and signed off as ok for spectators within a week?

Even if so (and it might be pretty straightforward and quick enough to do), I think that the travelling support next week will be way down on what it would have been. Most folk will be working on the basis that they won't be going and our ticket allocation for that shite wee stand will be very small and will have made other plans.

2 hours ago, RubyTuesday said:

Well you can't fault the club for going all in to target the corporate market. But will there be any takers at all? £96 including VAT for a day out at Meadowbank....hmmmm.

295933461_2820159731461963_100281277612569093_n.jpeg

£100 and you don't get unlimited free bevy, with that price you will be competing with Hearts and Hibs to watch a game of far less quality with a far poorer view. 

Are the people running your club okay?