Edinburgh City

8 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Newly laid astro always plays worse,  especially if not given a proper bedding in period,  given how last minute everything seems to be it wouldn’t surprise me if it had not been put down on schedule. 

Take your point about bedding in but the pitch itself, fully marked, has been in place since later last year - can't be precise about date but have it in mind (through peeking in from Marionville Road when passing) that it was circa October. Of course it won;t have been played on before City's first two games & I did notice from watching Arbroath highlights that there were wee clouds of the plastic beads rising as players were running.  First trip there tomorrow so will get a closer look & hear what players think re surface.

The club are really plugging season tickets on social media this week which makes me think they may be struggling to sell.

I had thought about it a few weeks back but the whole negativity over the summer put me off. Having experienced the view/facilities/atmosphere at the Cowdenbeath game all but confirmed my decision.

We can't have shifted many? 

Edited by ARFC Exile

1 hour ago, ARFC Exile said:

The club are really plugging season tickets on social media this week which makes me think they may be struggling to sell.

I had thought about it a few weeks back but the whole negativity over the summer put me off. Having experienced the view/facilities/atmosphere at the Cowdenbeath game all but confirmed my decision.

Just signed MacDonald and now Mutch, two pretty good additions for this level. If not many STs being shifted, then there must be good external funding coming into the club. Panicking a little about our business compared to those 😂😂

Edited by Ignoramus

What would have been my Edinburgh CITY season ticket money went instead on sponsoring a seat in Dunbar United's new stand (which is miles better than the thing at Meadowbank) and a Strollers player. 

And both clubs were pretty appreciative of it 

We moved back to Meadowbank 3 years ago having lived in this neck of the woods in the past, and I was looking forward to seeing City play on our doorstep sooner rather than later.   To be honest the possibility of Queens and City* being in the same league didn't cross my mind.    Until recently I would have expected to go to quite a few games with my pals who are City fans.  I will go to the games when Queens are here, but I suspect that will be it.  Very sad.

* I don't want to acknowledge the FC Edinburgh brand.

1 hour ago, Parttimesupporter said:

We moved back to Meadowbank 3 years ago having lived in this neck of the woods in the past, and I was looking forward to seeing City play on our doorstep sooner rather than later.   To be honest the possibility of Queens and City* being in the same league didn't cross my mind.    Until recently I would have expected to go to quite a few games with my pals who are City fans.  I will go to the games when Queens are here, but I suspect that will be it.  Very sad.

* I don't want to acknowledge the FC Edinburgh brand.

I know the board read this site 

ARE YOU READING THE ROOM YET? 

They have to act immediately to get people back onside!

They've lost quite a few people, they have to act NOW 

3 hours ago, Tenkay said:

Ironically, I would have bought a season ticket this year with being in League one,   IF we were still at Ainslie Park!!!

However, having sampled a game at Meadowbank I can't have much enthusiasm for that place, so will pick and choose the odd game now and again.

READ THE ROOM TOM TRACEY ET AL

5 hours ago, ARFC Exile said:

I don't even think the sales are in double figures. They know they have absolutely screwed this whole thing up. The Meadowbank situation is on the council, I'll give them some leeway with that but all the other issues is down to them and that's why season ticket sales are non-existent. 

READ THE ROOM TOM & CO. YOU MUST LISTEN TO SUPPORTERS NOW!!

8 hours ago, Billy Bleach said:

I don't even think the sales are in double figures. They know they have absolutely screwed this whole thing up. The Meadowbank situation is on the council, I'll give them some leeway with that but all the other issues is down to them and that's why season ticket sales are non-existent. 

READ THE ROOM TOM & CO. YOU MUST LISTEN TO SUPPORTERS NOW!!

Are you on the wind-up or are your literally suggesting the club have sold <10 season tickets?

I did buy a season ticket, unsure how much I'll use it for reasons previously noted. However, despite our kit being available for weeks now I've still not had any communication about when I can expect my 'free' home top. If the board are reading this, I'm a large in Joma (was a medium in Macron)

55 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Are you on the wind-up or are your literally suggesting the club have sold <10 season tickets?

It won't be much more than that. We've never had a big support and the board have ruined relations with most of that support 

5 hours ago, baillieinleeds said:

Sorry I haven’t read much into the thread. Why have the club changed their name?

These pretty much cover what's going on.

SPFL side forced to change name due to social club rights dispute | HeraldScotland

Citizens Supporters Club brands FC Edinburgh's lack of consultation over name change 'disgusting' | Edinburgh News (scotsman.com)

Except there's no dispute with the Social Club.....

Edinburgh City Cabs seem to operate quite nicely without having to change their name as does the Leonardo Hotel Edinburgh City, Edinburgh City Salvation Army, Edinburgh City Mission, etc etc

4 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Except there's no dispute with the Social Club.....

Edinburgh City Cabs seem to operate quite nicely without having to change their name as does the Leonardo Hotel Edinburgh City, Edinburgh City Salvation Army, Edinburgh City Mission, etc etc

I spoke to the Social club personally. They were never going to stop them using the name. FC Edinburgh was created to finally severe the tie with the social club and as a vanity project designed to attract tourists and commercial partners. The fans have been shafted. I emailed the club asking for an emergency meeting. I thought to myself "give them 48 hours they'll get back to me it's 100% in their best interests to get the proper fans back on board"

I'm still waiting for a reply, I extended my arm like an idiot yet again and yet again I've been let down. 

They had their chance 

Edited by Billy Bleach

The 'attract tourists' stuff is absolute fantasy. Attract them to what? An abysmal looking 'experience' that is hideous value for money. What is attractive about League 1 football in an appalling ground with an atrocious view? Also, with the tiny capacity, will there even be seats available for most games?