Edinburgh City

4 hours ago, peternapper said:

Fair enough obviously depends on the set up , ours is in the lounge, you get fed and can drink before the game then sit in the stand, halftime is tea-coffee pie & sandwich but no alcohol then back in after the game. No boxes with us

That’s pretty much our setup but if you have a group of 10 or more you can upgrade to a box

2 hours ago, Bay Citizen said:

No, advance tickets only via Fanbase. Although saying that I’d be surprised if a midweek game would sell out.

Especially as it's up against a Hibs home game and Hibs are charging £12 too 

You'd think Hibs could have rescheduled to help their new partners get a better crowd in 

10 hours ago, tamthebam said:

You'd think Hibs could have rescheduled to help their new partners get a better crowd in 

Last nights BBC local news had a three minute section on the new Meadowbank.

Interesting to see the Edinburgh Leisure CEO June Peebles tell the camera that the stadium was delivered two years late by her organisation due to Covid, Brexit, and the war in Ukraine. I was surprised that she didn't add the Edinburgh roadworks and the price of tea in China to that list.

The indoors of the stadium and the running track look great, it's just that diddy 3 row stand that sticks out like the proverbial thumb. The whole thing cost £47 million quid. Baffling how the planners, architects, clowncil and local sports clubs couldn't have made the case to even double that to 6 rows and a 1,000 capacity. 

Chairman Jim also popped up to say how the club have plenty of plans to make FCE a 'real club for the community', be interesting to see how that goes seeing as how the Board have done a pretty good job of dismantling the one that was in place at Annan in May. 

1 hour ago, RubyTuesday said:

Interesting to see the Edinburgh Leisure CEO June Peebles tell the camera that the stadium was delivered two years late by her organisation due to Covid, Brexit, and the war in Ukraine.

The war in Ukraine seems to be getting blamed for a lot of things. It would be more convincing if we were actually in it.

3 minutes ago, GordonD said:

The war in Ukraine seems to be getting blamed for a lot of things. It would be more convincing if we were actually in it.

Boris had been widely congratulated by Bwexit type sycophants for winning that war for the UK.

By way of contrast with the glorified bus shelter at Meadowbank this is the Aberdeen Sports Village (used by Bridge of Don Thistle FC) opened this century:

Outdoor-traxk-5.jpg.e73e406460d4ab2365ca88e6bf7443b2.jpg

and the George Duncan Stadium in Perth (2005)

817106792_georgeduncan.jpg.8ccce873fc5551e8f7ac56aa8575bcc4.jpg

What strikes me is that the roof at the Aberdeen Sports Village is the same as the Meadowbank Stand but the architect must have had more brains. 

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Tbf on these type of projects the architect basically gets told what do to by the client a lot of the time. A larger stand would have been more expensive and Edinburgh Leisure simply wouldnt have cared what size was appropriate 

Well I'd stake my last 50 pence that the architect would have at least asked "3 rows of seats? You not wanting any more than that pal?" of the clowncil / Edinburgh Leisure

6 hours ago, RubyTuesday said:

Last nights BBC local news had a three minute section on the new Meadowbank.

Interesting to see the Edinburgh Leisure CEO June Peebles tell the camera that the stadium was delivered two years late by her organisation due to Covid, Brexit, and the war in Ukraine. I was surprised that she didn't add the Edinburgh roadworks and the price of tea in China to that list.

The indoors of the stadium and the running track look great, it's just that diddy 3 row stand that sticks out like the proverbial thumb. The whole thing cost £47 million quid. Baffling how the planners, architects, clowncil and local sports clubs couldn't have made the case to even double that to 6 rows and a 1,000 capacity. 

Chairman Jim also popped up to say how the club have plenty of plans to make FCE a 'real club for the community', be interesting to see how that goes seeing as how the Board have done a pretty good job of dismantling the one that was in place at Annan in May. 

So no part of the delay was down to a dispute/disputes with contractors then 🤔

My understanding is that CEC went with a 499 seater because there are greater safety checks required for stands with 500 or more seats.

Like you say the inside looks great.  I went to the (excellent) gym today, and thought it would be rude note to pop out and enjoy the splendid view of the pitch.

view 1.jpg

51 minutes ago, Parttimesupporter said:

I went to the (excellent) gym today, and thought it would be rude note to pop out and enjoy the splendid view of the pitch.

view 1.jpg

Even for an athletics meeting that rail is a terrible obstruction and totally unnecessary for a structure only 3 rows high!

I don't see any daft railings on that photo of the stand at Aberdeen sports Village, so obviously not even necessary at Meadowbank.

19 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Hibs just played Bonnyrigg on Sunday.

I don't understand why Edinburgh and Cowdenbeath wasn't scheduled for Tuesday though?

3 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

"Clowncil" is shocking patter.

As a Partick fan I am guessing you don't live here. 

Edinburgh Trams - delivered 3 years late and £375m over budget

Enquiry into Trams debacle - has so far taken 8 years and cost £12.5m 

Sticking up cycle lanes all over town during Covid lockdown with no public consultation

Meadowbank

Roadwork upon Roadwork upon Roadwork

I could go on but I think my post doesn't belong on P&B....

1 hour ago, Tenkay said:

Even for an athletics meeting that rail is a terrible obstruction and totally unnecessary for a structure only 3 rows high!

I don't see any daft railings on that photo of the stand at Aberdeen sports Village, so obviously not even necessary at Meadowbank.

I think there is a requirement to have some sort of barrier between spectators and the pitch in an SPFL stadium.  It does seem a bit pointless though.  A fence could deter someone up to mischief, but the railing doesn't seem to achieve anything other than ensuring a 5 foot 6 inch shortarse like me sitting in that seat can't see the goal at the far end.  To be honest I would probably still have been planning to go to the game tomorrow if Edinburgh City were playing...

I used to live in Edinburgh, including a stone's throw from Meadowbank, which is why I pop up on this thread from time to time.

I'm well aware of the terrible job Edinburgh Council are doing. The city has such potential and they're doing their best to f**k it for the benefit of tourists, temporary residents and (to please Mr Le Bam) those who enjoy cycling on pavements.

None of this changes the fact that "clowncil" is cringeworthy, playground level punnery.

Ordinarily I'd genuinely wish you the best this season (especially considering the Clydes, Airdries and Falkirks you're up against), but it's tough to root for a club like the one you've become. An abomination of an unconsulted name change playing out of a stadium which reminds me of my standard grade English essays: the absolute bare minimum required to pass handed in well after it was due.

On the stand and it's suitability. When the proposal for the stadium was put to the club they decided it wasn't suitable for any sort of league football and began looking elsewhere. Basically Edinburgh Leisure/the council had no interest in City as a tenant.

Then COVID and it's financial implications hit and meant they had to think again so approached the club and were far more accomodating - City would be the anchor tenants and could explore building a new stand. From that the club decided New Meadowbank would be viable and announced the return. Obviously plenty of delays etc and we ended up doing another year in Pilton (or North Fettes as some call it) but broadly we were going home and had permission to build a new stand which would make it a decent enough ground as well as being able to use the facilities for training and for the women's team. Most importantly to the board we had free reign on the hospitality side of things. Which we didn't at all at Ainslie Park.

However, it's clearly not planned out as we would have liked. New Meadowbank had a little extra delay which meant we had to run the cup games as 'test' events and most importantly the planning permission that was granted on the new stand seems to have been granted on top of a piece of land owned by the housebuilder developing the old Meadowbank footprint. Not sure whose fault that is but I'd suggest someone should be checking in advance who owns the land and all that.

So that's where we are and broadly why. Vague noises about building a temporary standing area where the illicit stand was meant to be (but not encroaching on the disputed territory) but who knows. But as it a stands you can't really say anything other than New Meadowbank isn't fit for this purpose (despite being an excellent gym by all accounts, in fact I think I'll visit on Sunday).

This is not insider info, it's just piecing together what the club have said over the months.