Edinburgh City

I had the feeling that you'd be standing on the actual running track behind some kind of barrier in a similar way to the way fans stood around the pitch at Ainslie Park 

The athletes might moan about 1000 sturdy Fifers standing on their precious track though

25 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I had the feeling that you'd be standing on the actual running track behind some kind of barrier in a similar way to the way fans stood around the pitch at Ainslie Park 

The athletes might moan about 1000 sturdy Fifers standing on their precious track though

Couldn’t see the council and athletes being happy about folk standing on the track.

Cant see that happening you would need a secure barrier to separate the fans from the pitch as well. 

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

We always took a decent crowd over there in the past, maybe not so much for a midweek.

Hopefully get a good few coming over, though with it still being holiday time for a lot of people (or not even gone yet like me) it might reduce the numbers.

I’m trying to work out if Meadowbank or Edinburgh Uni at Peffermill is my closest away match this season, reckon Meadowbank closest by a few hundred yards. 😄

1 hour ago, Cowdenleith said:

Hopefully get a good few coming over, though with it still being holiday time for a lot of people (or not even gone yet like me) it might reduce the numbers.

I’m trying to work out if Meadowbank or Edinburgh Uni at Peffermill is my closest away match this season, reckon Meadowbank closest by a few hundred yards. 😄

3.1 miles 

Cowdenbeath fans definitely seem to have an axe to grind where SPFL newcomers are concerned. Don't appear to be any issues for Edinburgh City or Bonnyrigg Rose hosting home games stadiumwise despite what was being posted by prorege.

Meadowbank Thistle's support base was neglible as well. Didn't stop them from almost being promoted to the top tier because there's a niche for a third part-time Edinburgh club based on the strength of the local available players.

Problem for them now though might be having Bonnyrigg Rose on their doorstep tapping into the same pool of semi-professional players.

4 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Cowdenbeath fans definitely seem to have an axe to grind where SPFL newcomers are concerned. Don't appear to be any issues for Edinburgh City or Bonnyrigg Rose hosting home games stadiumwise despite what was being posted by prorege.

Meadowbank Thistle's support base was neglible as well. Didn't stop them from almost being promoted to the top tier because there's a niche for a third part-time Edinburgh club based on the strength of the local available players.

Problem for them now though might be having Bonnyrigg Rose on their doorstep tapping into the same pool of semi-professional players.

How do Cowden fans have an axe to grind with new clubs?

I used to go to the odd City midweek game when they were non league.

Nothing against Bonnyrigg either they are where the are on merit, I would have more of an axe to grind with the wage thieves who let us down against Bonnyrigg.

As much as the ground etc seems a shambles that YouTube highlights package is absolutely superb and as good as I’ve seen at any club and I am delighted Bobby chose to score two worldies there when there’s alternative angles all over the joint. 

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

As much as the ground etc seems a shambles that YouTube highlights package is absolutely superb and as good as I’ve seen at any club and I am delighted Bobby chose to score two worldies there when there’s alternative angles all over the joint. 

Agreed, watched the highlights last night, fantastic effort, very high quality equipment they seem to be using.

Great goals from Bobby Linn, looks like Nicky Low was pulling all the strings, both great players.

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

12 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Agreed, watched the highlights last night, fantastic effort, very high quality equipment they seem to be using.

Great goals from Bobby Linn, looks like Nicky Low was pulling all the strings, both great players.

Totally agree - think we've got a new guy on board this season and thought the package was tremendous. 

16 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

It has, but you are forgiven. 😄

Yes, the wee diddy 3 row stand has 499 seats and currently is all that is in use.

Apparently the Edinburgh chairman has made a statement that there will be additional standing capacity by the time of the first home league game with Dunfermline on August 6th, no more details than that.

The seaten stand is indeed limited to 499 but FC Embra will also have access to the two upstair "hospitality" area that overlook the pitch - the windows can b seen in the photos, just above the stand roof level.  One can hold circa 50 to 60, the other circa 20 to 30.

3 hours ago, Boris57 said:

The seaten stand is indeed limited to 499 but FC Embra will also have access to the two upstair "hospitality" area that overlook the pitch - the windows can b seen in the photos, just above the stand roof level.  One can hold circa 50 to 60, the other circa 20 to 30.

Normally areas like that are not allowed to be used for watching matches, ie the curtains if fitted have to be closed during a game.

2 hours ago, peternapper said:

Normally areas like that are not allowed to be used for watching matches, ie the curtains if fitted have to be closed during a game.

Hospitality areas are acceptable for watching the game from.  The boxes at EEP are used. 

I think it’s only where alcohol is involved that you’re not allowed to see the game.    So you can do you’re normal hospitality, close the bar  clear the tables and let people watch.

27 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Hospitality areas are acceptable for watching the game from.  The boxes at EEP are used. 

I think it’s only where alcohol is involved that you’re not allowed to see the game.    So you can do you’re normal hospitality, close the bar  clear the tables and let people watch.

Fair enough obviously depends on the set up , ours is in the lounge, you get fed and can drink before the game then sit in the stand, halftime is tea-coffee pie & sandwich but no alcohol then back in after the game. No boxes with us

1 hour ago, peternapper said:

Fair enough obviously depends on the set up , ours is in the lounge, you get fed and can drink before the game then sit in the stand, halftime is tea-coffee pie & sandwich but no alcohol then back in after the game. No boxes with us

And no boxes at Parkhead because the Celtic players would keep diving in them.