Edinburgh City

:lol:

I suggest you take a walk around to Marionville Road and marvel at the lack of bushes on the pavement there. For which we can but thank Edinburgh City Council's Cleansing Department. You will see that you can get a view into Subbuteo Meadowbank from there. 

Not a very good view but enough to determine the fact that a match is by no means a sell out. 

Still if you're that worried you'd better ask Police Scotland to have a presence on Marionville Road on Wednesday just in case. I suspect they would refer you to the answer given in Arkell v Pressdram 

11 hours ago, Bay Citizen said:

bf76d7b4b4d3beb243fcf45ff6649264.jpg
As predicted the view wasn’t great but as someone mentioned above, they’ve confirmed on Twitter that they’re requesting the barrier be lowered so that should help. The seats are definitely more comfier than Ainslie Park. The toilet facilities got a big thumbs up from Mrs Citizen although she did say there was a queue for the gents which she found amusing.

I think the biggest issue for me was blocking the crowd from leaving the stand while the players and staff left the pitch after the match. That’s a bad design and needs further thought. Several shouts of ‘I need to catch a bus!!’ was heard from behind. Dick Campbell holding things up to take a bow as he went past didn’t help.

The food was alright but a wee bit pricey and they didn’t do any pies which is sacrilege at a football match.

Football wise, Arbroath were better and deserved the win, no complaints there.

I was a neutral at the game yesterday with a pal.

You must have been sat very close to me and my mate for a similar view. Ground level is a poor level but I could follow the game easily enough. Not much atmosphere but a very decent burger van and toilets were clean (someone said there was only 'one'. Well, one mens, one ladies and all multi cubicle and clean.)

As for the "sell out" tedium, it was a very well attended game. A decent turn out of Lichtie fans. A few scattered for a train early. Probably to beat the curfew back home. An empty seat could just be someone away for a pee or a double cheese burger (me!). 

Arbroath played the better stuff but huffed and puffed a bit before some spectacular finishing late on. Didnt see much in the Edinburgh squad that will cause Div 1 teams problems. Worked hard but not enough when pushing forward. 

43 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

The capacity is 499, no? That's not what I'd call very well attended.

You can call it whatever you want, I dont support either team, just went to have a look and its how I saw it from being there. People taking pics from a hedgerow, getting off on the image of an empty seat need a word with themselves. 

12 hours ago, For Your Pies Only said:

It's mad that that this stand design was even given the go ahead to begin with. Anyone who thinks that a ground-level stand with only 3 rows of seats is suitable for watching live sport at semi-pro level and beyond has obviously never gone to a sporting event in their puff. Edinburgh Council and the architects are talking up it's potential to hold 'elite' level outdoor athletics events - in what alternate reality?

It doesn't matter that they matched the capacity of the old Meadowbank when the actual spectator experience and (I'd expect) atmosphere will be garbage. Given that all the windows at the rear of the sports centre itself directly overlook the pitch, I'm also guessing any gym users on a saturday get to watch for free? Doesn't seem good value for actual fans at 16+ quid a ticket, going from what I've seen quoted online.

I’m convinced that Edinburgh Leisure never intended on it being an SPFL venue again when they came up with the stand design.

Feel free to try and scale the 7 foot metal fence with spikes on top that surrounds Meadowbank.

I seem to have hitherto unknown powers of levitation because I would struggle to climb over it 

If any Dunfermline or Falkirk fan fancies it then it seems obvious from these posters that security won't be chasing you out the ground because obviously I wasn't caught! You may even get a better view than you would paying money to stand on an athletics track plus shelter from the trees (not bushes)

Funny these "neutral" posters appear out of nowhere when I'm having a pop at a board for changing the name of the club for spurious reasons. It's almost as if one looney on an obscure forum is embarrassing them. Oh dear.

18 hours ago, jacobsladder said:

Club have just confirmed to me in a tweet that they are planning to remove the rail so everyone gets a clear view 

Is that allowed? The most basic ground requirement is a barrier between pitch and spectators.

You can call it whatever you want,

Yes, but 500 at a match between a Championship and League 1 club is clearly closer to "embarrassing" than "very well
attended". Clubs in League 2 will be averaging more than that this season.

I also don't support either club.

4 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

Yes, but 500 at a match between a Championship and League 1 club is clearly closer to "embarrassing" than "very well
attended". Clubs in League 2 will be averaging more than that this season.

I also don't support either club.

The 499 will include directors of both sides, media, hospitality etc as well.

14 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

How many tickets were Arbroath given out of curiosity?

It was a free for all as far as booking on the Fanbase app, and it didn’t sell out that quickly, they were available for many days.  A friend who was there said it was three quarters Arbroath fans, it doesn’t bode well for FC Edinburgh if they couldn’t sell a couple of hundred for their first game back ‘home’.

Will the  Cowdenbeath support outnumber them on Wednesday? 😄

Apologies for not reading back as I'm sure it's been discussed to death but is 499 Edinburgh's capacity this season? Or are there plans to allow more in. I'm off on Nov 5th when we play and was planning on coming up.

51 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

It was a free for all as far as booking on the Fanbase app, and it didn’t sell out that quickly, they were available for many days.  A friend who was there said it was three quarters Arbroath fans, it doesn’t bode well for FC Edinburgh if they couldn’t sell a couple of hundred for their first game back ‘home’.

Will the  Cowdenbeath support outnumber them on Wednesday? 😄

We always took a decent crowd over there in the past, maybe not so much for a midweek.

16 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Apologies for not reading back as I'm sure it's been discussed to death but is 499 Edinburgh's capacity this season? Or are there plans to allow more in. I'm off on Nov 5th when we play and was planning on coming up.

If they don’t get another stand built it will be the 499.

28 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

It has, but you are forgiven. 😄

Yes, the wee diddy 3 row stand has 499 seats and currently is all that is in use.

Apparently the Edinburgh chairman has made a statement that there will be additional standing capacity by the time of the first home league game with Dunfermline on August 6th, no more details than that.

1 minute ago, Cowdenleith said:

Apparently the Edinburgh chairman has made a statement that there will be additional standing capacity by the time of the first home league game with Dunfermline on August 6th, no more details than that.

You're on the right lines but Chairman Jim is very careful before he puts out written statements. Or he just talks to the Evening News and lets them type it up for him. In the live Q&A event a few weeks ago Jim "hoped" that standing around the pitch would be allowed this season, he also "hoped" that the issues regarding building the new stand on the opposite side of the pitch could be resolved. Don't hold your breath....

7 minutes ago, RubyTuesday said:

You're on the right lines but Chairman Jim is very careful before he puts out written statements. Or he just talks to the Evening News and lets them type it up for him. In the live Q&A event a few weeks ago Jim "hoped" that standing around the pitch would be allowed this season, he also "hoped" that the issues regarding building the new stand on the opposite side of the pitch could be resolved. Don't hold your breath....

My mate said that it was in the chairman’s column in the match programme where he said this, but my pal also said that the other side of the ground is really overgrown so it would seem a tall order in the next 3 weeks.

Edited by Cowdenleith