Edinburgh City

17 hours ago, annan4eva said:

Considering your goalie probably won you promotion in the end ? Good luck.

There is no 'probably' about it. Brian Schwake dragged us from a lower mid table team into a promotion winning side. Up until the signing of Sam Ramsbottom yesterday we did not have a keeper on the books. 

8 hours ago, MAC THE KNIFE said:

ONLY A FEW DAYS UNTIL SCOTLAND`S FIRST " GROUNDHOPPERS" GAME OF THE NEW SEASON !

Even Subbuteo managed to build a proper stand unlike Edinburgh Council. 

subbuteo.jpg.cef2090c0ed209f4c1a544c7f61541ee.jpg

And Subbuteo had proper floodlights! 

Thankfully I managed to get to Meadowbank Stadium before it was torn down and it was a great "groundhop" experience with a great pitch view inspite of the running track.

Sadly looking at the video of the new ground it's only going to make Ainslie Park look good.

2 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

It’s not really a new ground just an old one with the stand rebuilt. 14th of the size .

Got the bus along Marionville Road this morning, could see the new stand quite clearly.

It’s more diddy than I realised, I think it might be just 4 rows deep. Having the running track was fine at Meadowbank when you were way up high in the massive old stand, but think this will not be a great viewing experience across the running track, unless the stand is a little elevated from ground level.

4 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Got the bus along Marionville Road this morning, could see the new stand quite clearly.

It’s more diddy than I realised, I think it might be just 4 rows deep. Having the running track was fine at Meadowbank when you were way up high in the massive old stand, but think this will not be a great viewing experience across the running track, unless the stand is a little elevated from ground level.

I think it's actually 3 rows! It was only ever going to be a viable football ground with the additional stand and that looks like it's a no-go. 

17 minutes ago, AllyMonc said:

I think it's actually 3 rows! It was only ever going to be a viable football ground with the additional stand and that looks like it's a no-go. 

Oh wow, it was hard to tell from the bus, good lord 3 rows, I will get the experience next week.

City fans will be yearning for Ainslie Park at this rate.

22 minutes ago, AllyMonc said:

3 rows... behind a running track. It's not fit for purpose as is. 

Now this is literally pie in the sky but if they allowed me on the roof to stream games I'd be satisfied. It definitely needs a big stand to make up for the track.

1 hour ago, Cowdenleith said:

Oh wow, it was hard to tell from the bus, good lord 3 rows, I will get the experience next week.

City fans will be yearning for Ainslie Park at this rate.

55 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

3 rows... behind a running track. It's not fit for purpose as is. 

Now this is literally pie in the sky but if they allowed me on the roof to stream games I'd be satisfied. It definitely needs a big stand to make up for the track.

It'll be a significantly worse viewing experience than AP that's for sure. 3 rows of seats behind an 8 lane running track and the long jump pit.......

Don't think I'll ever get to the stage where I'm yearing for AP though!!

1 hour ago, AllyMonc said:

Is that definite? I'd heard there were objections but I thought planning permission had already been granted,.

52 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Is that definite? I'd heard there were objections but I thought planning permission had already been granted,.

Nothing official from the club but even though the planning permission was granted, there is a strip of land (which part of the stand will sit on) that is owned by the housebuilder that the club were relying on being gifted to them and the housebuilder isn't minded to do so. Edinburgh Leisure seem to have said the club could have it, without the authority to do so.

Don't think this is the club's fault at all but the chances of the new stand being in place any time soon is very remote at best. Club talking about a temporary standing area where the stand would be (without drifting into the disputed territory!) so they're clearly not expecting a quick resolution.

3 hours ago, AllyMonc said:

Sure I seen a pic and it was 3 rows.

As mentioned it’s going to be too low to get a decent view.

48 minutes ago, AllyMonc said:

Nothing official from the club but even though the planning permission was granted, there is a strip of land (which part of the stand will sit on) that is owned by the housebuilder that the club were relying on being gifted to them and the housebuilder isn't minded to do so. Edinburgh Leisure seem to have said the club could have it, without the authority to do so.

Don't think this is the club's fault at all but the chances of the new stand being in place any time soon is very remote at best. Club talking about a temporary standing area where the stand would be (without drifting into the disputed territory!) so they're clearly not expecting a quick resolution.

Didn’t realise the developer owned the bit of land.

Probably smells a quick buck hoping to sell it to FCE.

Sure I seen a pic and it was 3 rows.
As mentioned it’s going to be too low to get a decent view.

9c834235bc86cee37a83d8ee511a512c.jpg
Yep, only 3 rows starting at ground level. You’re not going to get a decent view until the other stand is sorted out.

The fixture list hasn't worked out very well for City, with having the two biggest home games early in August with a 500 limit.

Both the Dunfermline and Falkirk games would easy be over a thousand attendance if a full crowd was allowed.

We could have done with reversing the fixture list and playing these away until we're better organised for home games.

Name me a Scottish club who have moved out of their ground with the promise of a new one and have been happy with it. Possibly St Johnstone, but that's about it. Even with the money we have, the Queen's Park situation is a mess.

It has been common knowledge for years that this development as it was agreed wasn't going to be suitable for Scottish League football. I'm astonished that the club agreed to go back before the other stand was agreed and put in place, and that here we are a few weeks before the league starts and they're trying to sort standing around an athletics track. Really, they'd have been better off looking into something else a while back. Shame they couldn't have got in at Meggetland or worked out something with the mini Murrayfield, or another of the rugby clubs. Can't believe there wasn't some kind of option better than this, even staying at Ainslie Park would be preferable surely. 

Suppose the club were too busy preparing for the rebrand that nobody wanted to sort out a stadium. 

33 minutes ago, Tenkay said:

The fixture list hasn't worked out very well for City, with having the two biggest home games early in August with a 500 limit.

Both the Dunfermline and Falkirk games would easy be over a thousand attendance if a full crowd was allowed.

We could have done with reversing the fixture list and playing these away until we're better organised for home games.

I think the plan is to have the standing in place for the start of the season. So capacity of 1300ish? Best laid plans and all that

20 minutes ago, Waspie said:

It has been common knowledge for years that this development as it was agreed wasn't going to be suitable for Scottish League football. I'm astonished that the club agreed to go back before the other stand was agreed and put in place, and that here we are a few weeks before the league starts and they're trying to sort standing around an athletics track. Really, they'd have been better off looking into something else a while back. Shame they couldn't have got in at Meggetland or worked out something with the mini Murrayfield, or another of the rugby clubs. Can't believe there wasn't some kind of option better than this, even staying at Ainslie Park would be preferable surely. 

Suppose the club were too busy preparing for the rebrand that nobody wanted to sort out a stadium. 

I'm letting the club off the hook for a fair bit in terms of the stadium as Edinburgh Leisure appear to have been an absolute joke throughout. However the club have definitely been guilty of naivety and sticking all our eggs in one basket.