Edinburgh City

3 hours ago, atfccfc said:

Are Edinburgh running a supporters bus to the game on Tuesday against Airdrie? I bought a ticket before realising that the trains from Airdrie back to Edinburgh stop earlier. Thanks 

Tried Edinburgh's Facebook and email today. But nobody ever seems to reply.

No sorry. 

3 hours ago, Bay Citizen said:

No. The club has never ran supporters buses.
Travel used to be occasionally arranged via the supporters club but the main organiser has dropped all interest in the football club after they changed the name without any fan consultation.

Correct. Plus a few other reasons 

11 hours ago, RubyTuesday said:

That's the club's communication policy summed up in two sentences...

That is a good point , I had never considered that a Hearts fan and potential walk up supporter would have an issue cheering on 4 or 5 Hibs players at Meadowbank. Cammy Logan did well for City at the end of last season, hopefully he will get a run out at Tynecastle this season and prove what he can do. 

A maximum of 3 players will be loaned, and we already have a "B" team. I think you are overreacting to this development tbqhwy.

Don't have a huge issue with the partnership with Hibs (and think it's good for women's football in the city that Hibs Women are back in Edinburgh) but added to the name change, the badge change and the fact the board considered changing home and away colours because they thought the black strip looked better it's really not looking good.

Astonishing that it's only a matter of months since the best football day I've ever had and I barely recognise the team I support.

16 hours ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

It's part of a plan to make things easier for folk travelling from East Lothian. 

It probably took them longer to get from Musselburgh into Edinburgh than the rest given the buses stopped everywhere. 

TBF Meadowbank House isn't far from the stadium and is near the pubs.

Thanks, can see the logic in that approach.  

3 hours ago, Leith Green said:

A maximum of 3 players will be loaned, and we already have a "B" team. I think you are overreacting to this development tbqhwy.

I think you've missed the point if you think I'm overreacting but thanks for the clarification on the 3 player loan maximum. If you have a goalkeeper of any description who wants to play 38 first team games in the diddy league, please send him our way. 

Good luck to big Sam. I posted it on the Alloa thread when he played for them on trial, but I'll say it again here. There are aspects of Sam Ramsbottom's game that are top half Championship standard. And aspects that aren't even Lowland League level. You tend to see both in one game. But he's a thoroughly decent guy and his Twitter is very anti-Tory. I hope he does well with you lot.

2 minutes ago, RubyTuesday said:

Relegated with Dumbarton last season, conceding 71 goals in the process. Possibly the benchwarmer goalie for City?

By my quick maths he **only** conceded 43 of them. The rest were shared between Kieran Wright and Calum Erskine.

59 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Good luck to big Sam. I posted it on the Alloa thread when he played for them on trial, but I'll say it again here. There are aspects of Sam Ramsbottom's game that are top half Championship standard. And aspects that aren't even Lowland League level. You tend to see both in one game. But he's a thoroughly decent guy and his Twitter is very anti-Tory. I hope he does well with you lot.

Love him already.

1 hour ago, RubyTuesday said:

Relegated with Dumbarton last season, conceding 71 goals in the process. Possibly the benchwarmer goalie for City?

Considering your goalie probably won you promotion in the end ? Good luck.

Can't say I see the same goalkeeper Jan does, I think he's a bottom end League 2 at best/Lowland League keeper and I'm amazed he's staying at League 1 level. He was banter years stuff from day one and we inexplicably signed him up again for our full tilt at relegation. I'm sure he is a nice guy so I don't particularly wish him any ill will, but he's a pish keeper. 

19 minutes ago, Weegie Par said:

I’ve had a scan through the last few pages but can’t see an answer to this - what’s the latest with the stadium & is there any indication of what the capacity will be for the game against us on 6th August? 

A couple of hundred I think.

25 minutes ago, Weegie Par said:

I’ve had a scan through the last few pages but can’t see an answer to this - what’s the latest with the stadium & is there any indication of what the capacity will be for the game against us on 6th August? 

Club are hoping for temporary standing (where the be stand is meant to be) in time for the start of the league season. Don't think it's a done deal and will probably go tits up but would mean a 1300 capacity. I think it's just a grass area at the moment so not sure what the proposal is to make it viable. Maybe we're borrowing some benches from Hibs

25 minutes ago, Weegie Par said:

Why not ask the club? I'm sure they have all the answers. 

113212223_laurelandhardy.jpg.b1d52e88b04f762554c9a787f1d8120b.jpg