Edinburgh City

Think this is the final straw for me after the last few weeks. Might aswell re-name us the Hibs B team.

Why try to market us as an alternative to the two larger Edinburgh clubs, then attach ourselves so publicly to one of them? 

39 minutes ago, ARFC Exile said:

Think this is the final straw for me after the last few weeks. Might aswell re-name us the Hibs B team.

Why try to market us as an alternative to the two larger Edinburgh clubs, then attach ourselves so publicly to one of them? 

A former Chairman from years ago wondered if this was not the plan all along. 

1 hour ago, ARFC Exile said:

Also noted that Chairman Jim is using the Evening News as his mouthpiece for significant announcements, rather than using the website. At least the Evening News don't write everything in capital letters and know how to use a spellchecker. 

The website now that it is launched was not worth the wait. 

First 80% of all traffic will be via smartphone.

https://pagespeed.web.dev/report?url=https%3A%2F%2Ffcedinburgh.com%2F&form_factor=mobile and the desktop is not much better.

image.png.e2e47f04c63e1ea95dc5530ec9bb47d3.png

These are impressively bad numbers. Time to interactive is an interesting metric as the stat was if your website loads in more than 2 seconds 50 percent of users will click away. 

There is no normal lettering. It's all 'all caps'. This is AWFUL in terms of readability. Especially if you are dyslexic.

Starting to think that whoever is behind your design is some kind of interplanetary alien.

Fontaine looks a good signing for you guys. However, I did have a wee chuckle at the part of the article that says:

“This signing is a statement of intent that the club plans to compete in cinch League 1 and Liam brings that top-level experience with him.“

I’d be a bit miffed if FC Edinburgh weren’t planning to compete.

A good, old Make Boardroom Request > Find Affiliate Club > Find Parent Club from Football Manager today too. It’ll be interesting to see how that deal works out.

Edited by Scott-Replay

Are Edinburgh running a supporters bus to the game on Tuesday against Airdrie? I bought a ticket before realising that the trains from Airdrie back to Edinburgh stop earlier. Thanks 

Tried Edinburgh's Facebook and email today. But nobody ever seems to reply.

Edited by atfccfc
Add information

On 07/07/2022 at 22:54, Parttimesupporter said:

There seems to be no end to odd developments in relation to Meadowbank.  There used to be 3 East Coast buses which called at the stops nearest to the stadium - the 104, 113 and 124.  It appears that the 104 has joined the choir invisible, and the 113 and 124 now only stop at Meadowbank House and Abbeyhill. 

Not a big deal in the great scheme of things, but it does seem a bit odd that just at the point that footfall will increase at certain stops the powers that be reduce the number of buses that stop there 🤔  Maybe the thinking is that we are a nation of fatties and it's a good thing that those coming in from parts of East Lothian to use the facilities should walk a bit further too.  

Any Arbroath fans looking in and travelling by train looking in should note that their best bet is to catch a 26 or 44 opposite Waverley Steps if they want to catch a bus which stops at the magnificent new stadium.

It's part of a plan to make things easier for folk travelling from East Lothian. 

It probably took them longer to get from Musselburgh into Edinburgh than the rest given the buses stopped everywhere. 

TBF Meadowbank House isn't far from the stadium and is near the pubs.

21 hours ago, Parttimesupporter said:

The website is a bit amateurish to put it mildly.  When you click on images entitled 'Our HIstory' and 'Our Community' there is no content. 

The 'How to get there*' section is a bit of a minter.  It shows a map which shows "Meadowbank Stadium railway station", which was only a thing in 1986.  The information in relation to buses is crap too.

*surely 'How to  get here"?

Would a blank history page not be about right?

5 hours ago, ARFC Exile said:

It is odd. I doubt there would have been much difficulty in arranging loans from either of the bigger Edinburgh clubs.

I hope there will be now.

Speaking as someone who's quite local and would have gone to the odd game at Meadowbank,  that won't be happening now.

As you say if the idea is to market as an alternative why align yourself with one?

Similarly you've probably alienated a chunk of people who might have gone along.

Are Edinburgh running a supporters bus to the game on Tuesday against Airdrie? I bought a ticket before realising that the trains from Airdrie back to Edinburgh stop earlier. Thanks 

No. The club has never ran supporters buses.
Travel used to be occasionally arranged via the supporters club but the main organiser has dropped all interest in the football club after they changed the name without any fan consultation.

6 minutes ago, Bay Citizen said:

No. The club has never ran supporters buses.
Travel used to be occasionally arranged via the supporters club but the main organiser has dropped all interest in the football club after they changed the name without any fan consultation.

Thanks for the reply. Appreciated. I'll just have to get train to Airdrie and return Via Glasgow. 

From experience, don't rely on train schedules presently.  

Had four service changes on the way to/from Cowdenbeath on Saturday and still ended up getting a taxi back from Croy after a staff related cancellation. 

Today's announcement over drivers' apparent acceptance of a pay offer sounds good, but doubt it will change things soon.

1 hour ago, atfccfc said:

That's the club's communication policy summed up in two sentences...

1 hour ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

Speaking as someone who's quite local and would have gone to the odd game at Meadowbank,  that won't be happening now.

As you say if the idea is to market as an alternative why align yourself with one?

Similarly you've probably alienated a chunk of people who might have gone along.

That is a good point , I had never considered that a Hearts fan and potential walk up supporter would have an issue cheering on 4 or 5 Hibs players at Meadowbank. Cammy Logan did well for City at the end of last season, hopefully he will get a run out at Tynecastle this season and prove what he can do. 

Really odd decision to change the club name and bang on about it differentiates the club from the big two clubs in the city then climb into bed with one of them. Surely defeats the purpose. 

Assuming season ticket sales are not going well as got an email from the club today as I had bought tickets through Fanbase app to ask if I had considered buying a season ticket as offer of a cheap top for first 50 was still available. 

14 minutes ago, RubyTuesday said:

That's the club's communication policy summed up in two sentences...

That is a good point , I had never considered that a Hearts fan and potential walk up supporter would have an issue cheering on 4 or 5 Hibs players at Meadowbank. Cammy Logan did well for City at the end of last season, hopefully he will get a run out at Tynecastle this season and prove what he can do. 

It's not just the number  of loan players they might have.

If they're overtly aligning themselves with Hibs they can GTF 

City had a tie-up with Hearts just after the War - Willie Bauld was on loan to us for a season in C Division. 

The whole thing fell through, partially because players didn't want to be loaned to City.  If they were freed by Hearts, they felt they would find a better position if they could say "I'm a free agent and my last club was Hearts" rather than "I'm a free agent and my last club was Edinburgh City".

On 10/07/2022 at 20:31, Parttimesupporter said:

The website is a bit amateurish to put it mildly.  When you click on images entitled 'Our HIstory' and 'Our Community' there is no content. 

The 'How to get there*' section is a bit of a minter.  It shows a map which shows "Meadowbank Stadium railway station", which was only a thing in 1986.  The information in relation to buses is crap too.

*surely 'How to  get here"?

It's because there is no history. And certainly no community 

8 hours ago, ARFC Exile said:

Clueless club mate. That's why. I am absolutely amazed any so called proper City are even giving this "re brand" the time of day. 

2 hours ago, Jute said:

Really odd decision to change the club name and bang on about it differentiates the club from the big two clubs in the city then climb into bed with one of them. Surely defeats the purpose. 

Assuming season ticket sales are not going well as got an email from the club today as I had bought tickets through Fanbase app to ask if I had considered buying a season ticket as offer of a cheap top for first 50 was still available. 

I got the same e-mail.

I pied it otherwise my response would have been similar to that given in Arkell v Pressdram.