Edinburgh City

4 hours ago, ARFC Exile said:

Anyone venturing to the Caledonian Braves game on Saturday?

The 1st team, the board, the physio and the kit man will be there. 

Other than that I wouldn't hold ya breath. 

I'm sure quite a few of us would have travelled through if.........

31 minutes ago, Billy Bleach said:

The 1st team, the board, the physio and the kit man will be there. 

Other than that I wouldn't hold ya breath. 

I'm sure quite a few of us would have travelled through if.........

if ....the b'stards hadn't changed the name of the club without consultation and got a 14 year old to design the new badge. 

I see there is a 'test event' at Meadowbank against Arbroath in July. I'd predict less than 100 folk for this one. 

2 hours ago, RubyTuesday said:

if ....the b'stards hadn't changed the name of the club without consultation and got a 14 year old to design the new badge. 

I see there is a 'test event' at Meadowbank against Arbroath in July. I'd predict less than 100 folk for this one. 

The "test event" is actually the scheduled League Cup Section tie. They have to call it a "test event" because the place isn't officially open. There will be a few Lichties fans I dare say. 

On 24/06/2022 at 19:22, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Images now of Edinburgh City changing their name to FC Edinburgh so the social club don't sue them only for a Clyde fan and his mates from the 80s suing them instead. 

Be suing no one, as a Clyde fan been through enough shit over the years, all the best lads hope you get to a stage that you take ownership and/or have a strong affinity with your club without all the politics..... been trying to search the newspaper archives for the Friday edition of the Evening News that occasionally gave the fixtures and tables for Sunday amateurs, we did win the 2nd division mid/late 80's!!....

just remember if there is a "hall of fame" or guest of honour for FC Edinburgh diner then give me a shout.... 

21 hours ago, mo83 said:

Liam Fontaine seemingly signing for you guys aswell.

Our track record of that type of signing isn't much to shout about but he seems to be in better physical shape than the likes of Beattie, Riordan and Toshney were.

On 28/06/2022 at 19:23, Bairnabaeu said:

Heard today apparently edinburgh are trying to get Leigh Griffiths on a pay as you play contract 

I'm sure the board would have no issues signing him but don't for one second think Griffiths would entertain it. 

44 minutes ago, AllyMonc said:

I'm sure the board would have no issues signing him but don't for one second think Griffiths would entertain it. 

I'm not sure anyone else will be overly keen to sign a player with issues who was part of the worst Falkirk team in 45 years 

Unless Darvel make him an offer..

On 28/06/2022 at 19:23, Bairnabaeu said:

Heard today apparently edinburgh are trying to get Leigh Griffiths on a pay as you play contract 

Hmmmm.......this is your first ever post on P&B after being a member since March 2018.... I may be barking up the wrong tree but perhaps you ARE Leigh Griffiths and have insider information  ? 😀

2 hours ago, BullyWeeLad said:

I know I’m late to the party and cba readying up the topic.. what’s with the name change ? FC Edinburgh sounds a bit daft in my honest opinion 

In 1928 the original Edinburgh City FC were formed and the Edinburgh City FC Social Club in 1930. The original club stopped in 1955 but the Social Club kept going and were approached in 1986 to reform a football team, taking over Postal United's place in the East of Scotland League. 

This team were the one that was promoted to the Scottish League. Now they're in the Scottish League the Board has been advised by Sue, Grabbit & Runne that they don't have the rights to use Edinburgh City FC and are relying on the Social Club being nice to them. Which they have been for 36 years and would still be but, hey, you can't make a fast buck if you're relying on someone else's good will. 

Tl:dr- Egos, money and bollocks. The usual Scottish football combination. 

12 hours ago, tamthebam said:

In 1928 the original Edinburgh City FC were formed and the Edinburgh City FC Social Club in 1930. The original club stopped in 1955 but the Social Club kept going and were approached in 1986 to reform a football team, taking over Postal United's place in the East of Scotland League. 

This team were the one that was promoted to the Scottish League. Now they're in the Scottish League the Board has been advised by Sue, Grabbit & Runne that they don't have the rights to use Edinburgh City FC and are relying on the Social Club being nice to them. Which they have been for 36 years and would still be but, hey, you can't make a fast buck if you're relying on someone else's good will. 

Would there have been anything preventing the club changing to something like Edinburgh Postal FC or something similar?

From the outside, it would have seemed ok to change to something reflecting the history of the club, especially with keeping the ‘1928’?

39 minutes ago, Kevchenko said:

Would there have been anything preventing the club changing to something like Edinburgh Postal FC or something similar?

From the outside, it would have seemed ok to change to something reflecting the history of the club, especially with keeping the ‘1928’?

There is a Postal Bowling Club and possibly a Postal Sports Union but I don't work for the Post Office so I don't know. 

Something in keeping with the history of the club eh? How about FC Useless Amateur b*****ds? 

28 minutes ago, Kevchenko said:

The update from the chairman of 'FC Edinburgh' on 16 June is still on their twitter feed.  If you accept the argument that they can't use the Edinburgh City name (and the argument put forward during the update is pretty incoherent) then they could have chosen a number of names.  They apparently chose FC Edinburgh because "Edinburgh is the brand, the brand that we want to promote.  All the sales and marketing stuff we've done, is the Edinburgh brand is massive.".  Then some rambling about clubs in Europe with similar names, and a reference to the fact that neither Hearts nor Hibs have Edinburgh in their name.  

4 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

There is a Postal Bowling Club and possibly a Postal Sports Union but I don't work for the Post Office so I don't know. 

Something in keeping with the history of the club eh? How about FC Useless Amateur b*****ds? 

A look at the website over a fortnight after the announcement does seem to back up the use of 'Amateur' 😅

Coming Soon – Edinburgh City FC

19 hours ago, tamthebam said:

That is shit man