Edinburgh City

16 hours ago, tamthebam said:

At the time of the Meadowbank move Bill Hunter's idea of marketing research was to stand with a clipboard in the Livingston shopping centre and ask punters "Would you like a football club here?"

Confused West Lothian punter: "Er, aye..."

I doubt the FC Edinburgh market research was as well thought out 

Deja vu box no 3 ticked 

Doubt there was any market research, just a boardroom discussion that ended up with Edinburgh FC or FC Edinburgh.

Thankfully, it's not Edinburgh Thistle! Btw, who owns the rights to the Meadowbank Thistle name? Livingston?

18 minutes ago, Tenkay said:

Why?

That would have been a good name!

Do we need a third Thistle again? I remember when we thrashed the Ferranti (aka Meadowbank) version in the Scottish Cup.

Surely the `Edinburgh board could have come up with something more original. How about Edinburgh Saltires?

2 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Do we need a third Thistle again? I remember when we thrashed the Ferranti (aka Meadowbank) version in the Scottish Cup.

And I remember Meadowbank doing you home and away in the League Cup. 

16 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Surely the `Edinburgh board could have come up with something more original. How about Edinburgh Saltires?

Or ... Restalrig Rovers? ... if they're to be based at Meadowbank ... 🙂

Seen a prominent supporters club committee member and long term loyal fan has walked away. 

What that owner has done to the club is unforgiveable. The small core support has been fragmented and nearly decimated. I feel sorry for anyone that has bought a season ticket or anyone who wants to latch on to that farce after the way they've treated us all. 

Have heard from a few people that season ticket sales are hilariously low. Like not even double figures. We've never had a big season ticket holder base but it seems to have collapsed.

I know the owner only cares about the corporate pound and this magical marketing scheme built on us being called Edinburgh rather than, er, Edinburgh City but hopefully this makes him at least pause for thought.

As someone on twitter mentioned, one of the largest things that has gone without comment throughout this whole debacle, is the ridiculous price increaces for the coming season. £18 an adult and £5 for an under 12 year old is ludicrous, especially when you consider clubs like Clyde are doing £5 for the whole season for under 12s. 

We used to be an affordable alternative for families in the city but these prices will drive many away.

1 hour ago, ARFC Exile said:

As someone on twitter mentioned, one of the largest things that has gone without comment throughout this whole debacle, is the ridiculous price increaces for the coming season. £18 an adult and £5 for an under 12 year old is ludicrous, especially when you consider clubs like Clyde are doing £5 for the whole season for under 12s. 

We used to be an affordable alternative for families in the city but these prices will drive many away.

The club will fold. That owner and the board have destroyed it completely. There is no return.

On 20/06/2022 at 13:21, Highland Bully Wee said:

Just an aside, was Player/Manager of FC Edinburgh around 1985/6-1989, playing Sunday amateur when living in Gorgie.......... all the best lads..........

Images now of Edinburgh City changing their name to FC Edinburgh so the social club don't sue them only for a Clyde fan and his mates from the 80s suing them instead. 

14 hours ago, Billy Bleach said:

The club will fold. That owner and the board have destroyed it completely. There is no return.

Billy you seem pretty upset. Hopefully the mood around the club will change over time once the team are back out on the park and hopefully winning some games. The only crumb of comfort in this whole debacle is that the core of the team from last season is staying for 22/23. 

2 hours ago, RubyTuesday said:

Billy you seem pretty upset. Hopefully the mood around the club will change over time once the team are back out on the park and hopefully winning some games. The only crumb of comfort in this whole debacle is that the core of the team from last season is staying for 22/23. 

A few good results on the park will not change anything. 

And of course I'm upset. The club we grew to love  has been destroyed by this maniac

Edited by Billy Bleach
Spelling

On 17/06/2022 at 17:50, tamthebam said:

it's a moot point. I think they did in that the Edinburgh City Football Club Limited carried on as a Social Club in a non-playing sense and a footballing side was reformed in 1986. Penicuik Athletic didn't play for about 10 years but carried on as a non-playing entity and no-one questions their date of formation (feel free, Bonnyrigg fans, feel free!)

It can be argued now though that FC Edinburgh :yucky have as much to do with 1928 as other clubs have to do with 1872,,,

FC Twente Eight would be a good name