Edinburgh City

He made probably the worst debut I’ve ever seen for us gave away a goal, a pen then was subbed off at half time. I suppose he did get better as the season went on but always looked overweight to me and wasn’t sad to see him released. 

10 hours ago, Tenkay said:

Mark Docherty signs for City!  Sorry FCE!

Anyway 34 years old and I see Clyde fans don't rate him! At first glance, Looks a poor signing ?

After a nightmare start Sparky ended up being one of our better performers last season, albeit in a very poor team.

I'd have kept him for his experience if I'm honest, and I think because of that he'll be a good signing for Edinburgh. Knows how to play a level above.

39 minutes ago, Clyde85 said:

He made probably the worst debut I’ve ever seen for us gave away a goal, a pen then was subbed off at half time.

His debut was actually Stranraer but aye he was abysmal against Killie. 80 year old Chris Burke was absolutely gliding past him. 

Should be a decent enough addition for Edinburgh though for reasons already stated by others. I'm interested to see where you intend to use him as I noticed you already have 2 LB's. Seemed to play centre mid a lot for Annan before we signed him but we only ever used him at LB. 

Edited by CM.

12 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Please tell me this is a spoof. That's more like a doll's house or the wee Western army fort I had as a sprog.

Tbf Edinburgh does have a wee pretend Wild West town up Morningside way so I'm sure they could claim that was the inspiration 😅

3 hours ago, CM. said:

His debut was actually Stranraer but aye he was abysmal against Killie. 80 year old Chris Burke was absolutely gliding past him. 

Should be a decent enough addition for Edinburgh though for reasons already stated by others. I'm interested to see where you intend to use him as I noticed you already have 2 LB's. Seemed to play centre mid a lot for Annan before we signed him but we only ever used him at LB. 

We seeemed to settle on a back 3 at the end of last season and assume we'll start the same way again. Our captain (Robbie Macintyre) plays LCB and one of our best players (Calum Crane) plays LWB so probably experienced cover I guess.

15 minutes ago, AllyMonc said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/citizens-supporters-club-brands-fc-edinburghs-lack-of-consultation-over-name-change-disgusting-3738593

Supporters Club Statement in the Evening News. Can't imagine it'll be well received but the club only have themselves to blame.

I genuinely don't think the owner really cares to be honest. Jim's update was very, very Corporate heavy, which shows where the board/ownerships priority lies.

Our core support, although steadily growing, is probably too small to make any impact on their thinking.

On 19/06/2022 at 17:37, cowdenbeath said:

Postal date back longer than 1966 can’t remember the exact date off hand.

Was just going off the Wiki page for that tbh.

On 19/06/2022 at 17:38, cowdenbeath said:

Imagine the social club will carry on as normal why would they change anything?

Not saying they'd change anything, they did after all exist purely as a social club for many years when the original Edinburgh City folded. But there's clearly a demand for the football club, and I wonder if they'll look to relaunch it themselves.

6 minutes ago, Connor1874 said:

Was just going off the Wiki page for that tbh.

Not saying they'd change anything, they did after all exist purely as a social club for many years when the original Edinburgh City folded. But there's clearly a demand for the football club, and I wonder if they'll look to relaunch it themselves.

The wiki date for Postal is the one when the joined the East of Scotland league,

Meadowbank opening on the 19th of July - we're due to play Arbroath on the 16th at home. Easter Rd maybe? Hibs aren't playing until the next day. We've also got Cowdenbeath on 'opening night' but not sure how feasible that will be unless we're allowed in early.

The lack of the additional stand and no word on whether we're allowed standing isn't exactly filling me with hope and optimism for the move 'home'. In fairness to the club I don't think they are due much of the blame on this part.

18 hours ago, AllyMonc said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/citizens-supporters-club-brands-fc-edinburghs-lack-of-consultation-over-name-change-disgusting-3738593

Supporters Club Statement in the Evening News. Can't imagine it'll be well received but the club only have themselves to blame.

If you're banned from Meadowbank it ticks another Bill Hunter all over again box....

19 hours ago, AllyMonc said:

Think the actions of the club show they're not interested in the current fanbase and invested totally in attracting new supporters.

It won't work with daft name changes and branding but marketing types never seem to understand that part.

1 hour ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Think the actions of the club show they're not interested in the current fanbase and invested totally in attracting new supporters.

It won't work with daft name changes and branding but marketing types never seem to understand that part.

Agreed. 12 months ago we had the unilateral Board decision to move to "Friday Night, Under the Lights".

Which has now been trumped * 10 by the name change and the new tacky badge - which still refers to the year the now excommunicated Edinburgh City (that as of last Thursday we have nothing to do with) was formed.

Of equal concern is that our first game in the League Cup is 3 weeks today and I am fairly sure that we don't actually have a goalkeeper under contract...... get Ouzy between the sticks?

How do you expect to attact fans with a goalkeeper in the way stopping goals being scored? It just detracts from the entertainment and they won't attact a crowd of fun, new spectators prepared to buy merchandise. 

Now they'll only need to persuade the opposition not to play a goalie and they'll be fine..

2 hours ago, RubyTuesday said:

Agreed. 12 months ago we had the unilateral Board decision to move to "Friday Night, Under the Lights".

Which has now been trumped * 10 by the name change and the new tacky badge - which still refers to the year the now excommunicated Edinburgh City (that as of last Thursday we have nothing to do with) was formed.

Of equal concern is that our first game in the League Cup is 3 weeks today and I am fairly sure that we don't actually have a goalkeeper under contract...... get Ouzy between the sticks?

Marketing is - or should be - really important for football clubs. There are lots of ways you can promote the team and try to keep your current supporters engaged, while also attempting to catch the attention of "potential customers".

Edinburgh City/FC Edinburgh seem to have allowed their marketing team to run the club though, which doesn't work.

Come up with a strategy of how you want to run the club and then get your marketing people to promote that to as many people as possible.

The way they're doing it just screams inauthentic and I'm not surprised you guys are pissed off. This should be an exciting season after promotion but they've made an arse of it before July.

4 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Marketing is - or should be - really important for football clubs. There are lots of ways you can promote the team and try to keep your current supporters engaged, while also attempting to catch the attention of "potential customers".

Edinburgh City/FC Edinburgh seem to have allowed their marketing team to run the club though, which doesn't work.

Come up with a strategy of how you want to run the club and then get your marketing people to promote that to as many people as possible.

The way they're doing it just screams inauthentic and I'm not surprised you guys are pissed off. This should be an exciting season after promotion but they've made an arse of it before July.

At the time of the Meadowbank move Bill Hunter's idea of marketing research was to stand with a clipboard in the Livingston shopping centre and ask punters "Would you like a football club here?"

Confused West Lothian punter: "Er, aye..."

I doubt the FC Edinburgh market research was as well thought out 

Deja vu box no 3 ticked