Edinburgh City

17 minutes ago, AllyMonc said:

Some good news (Innes Murray signing is brilliant and the new kit looks nice) but totally disheartened by the Meadowbank stuff. Can't see any way in which it will be a suitable home. I get the name thing but it's still pish.

The person named as responsible for the Meadowbank debacle is June Peebles, CEO of Edinburgh Leisure. Nothing to do with Edinburgh Clowncil apparently. This whole sorry episode is just a series of people blaming everyone else without anyone standing up and taking responsibility. 

Interestingly Chairman Jim and Calum made reference to reading comments on Twitter and also there was reference to buying 'a pie and a Bovril' so maybes they are looking in here. 

Can't see the YoungTeam getting excited by the Fan Zone face painting, beat the goalie and the £12 concessions admission mind you...

30 minutes ago, RubyTuesday said:

The person named as responsible for the Meadowbank debacle is June Peebles, CEO of Edinburgh Leisure. Nothing to do with Edinburgh Clowncil apparently. This whole sorry episode is just a series of people blaming everyone else without anyone standing up and taking responsibility. 

Interestingly Chairman Jim and Calum made reference to reading comments on Twitter and also there was reference to buying 'a pie and a Bovril' so maybes they are looking in here. 

Can't see the YoungTeam getting excited by the Fan Zone face painting, beat the goalie and the £12 concessions admission mind you...

Not sure it'll do any good but I might email her tomorrow and express my displeasure at the whole thing. 

• Div changed the title to FC Edinburgh
2 hours ago, tamthebam said:

The Social Club do have a Sunday League team 

Anyway this is a step too far for this supporter of 27 years. It smacks of the whole moving Meadowbank to Livingston thing and I look forward to watching Gary Jardine, Lairdy and Conrad at Civil Service Strollers next season.

Good on you Tam. Well done for voting with your feet against this shambles 

22 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Why would anyone in Glasgow care what they rename the club?

Given what happened with Meadowbank Thistle and Wimbledon, I think every football fan should be concerned when an SPFL Club changes its name with no legal requirement to do so and no fan consultation. 

37 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Why would anyone in Glasgow care what they rename the club?

No Glasgow club can take the name Capital City because Glasgow ain't the capital... which a lot of Weegies hate,

1 minute ago, GordonD said:

No Glasgow club can take the name Capital City because Glasgow ain't the capital... which a lot of Weegies hate,

I hate to break it to you, but people don’t really care about that sort of thing 

Only in your head 

15 minutes ago, RubyTuesday said:

Given what happened with Meadowbank Thistle and Wimbledon, I think every football fan should be concerned when an SPFL Club changes its name with no legal requirement to do so and no fan consultation. 

I agree with that

I just found it a bit strange the poster would seem to think Glaswegian in general would care about the club being renamed Capital City 

I wonder if the other potential users of Meadowbank are getting the run around too- Boroughmuir Thistle Women, Leith Athletic and I believe Hibs Women too.

Still, as long as the athletes who paid the square root of f*ck all at the old place are happy...  

16 minutes ago, RubyTuesday said:

I could only take so much of the Facebook chat.  The first segment dealt with the issue of the club's name, but as far as I could tell there was no coherent argument for the change.  If there is an issue, it is not new.  The failure of the club to engage with the fans is remarkable.  The club can't be blamed for the Meadowbank shambles, but I feel for City fans who have gone from celebrating their greatest success on the pitch to an omnishambles off it in the space of a few weeks.

Heard a rumour the Lord Lyon, a name well kent to Ayr, Airdrie and Formartine fans (the interfering tw@t) got involved re the badge. I think he only gets involved when someone grasses though.  

563858573_lordlyon.jpg.ac45010ae6f1a07a8627d1fc2e75bcef.jpg

The Lord Lyon, King of Arms

Which would make sense as a reason the badge was changed a couple of years ago but the current badge is similar, but not exact to, the coat of arms of the City of Edinburgh and the proposed new badge is more similar. 

I'm now off to grass up Edinburgh United FC.... 

892796736_edinburghunited.jpg.a8f8564e972ab008fcb84aaf6b523722.jpg