Edinburgh City

Alan Maybury appointed as manager tonight on a 2 year deal, a fair reward for getting City promoted after just 2 months in charge. If the Club can find some wheelbarrows full of cash to sign up Innes Murray and Brian Schwake then we are in with a shout of staying up in League One next season. 

1 hour ago, RubyTuesday said:

Alan Maybury appointed as manager tonight on a 2 year deal, a fair reward for getting City promoted after just 2 months in charge. If the Club can find some wheelbarrows full of cash 

buster.jpg.0460a118ed67ea05f927cd2767c42ed3.jpg

Sexy Rab Mac is halfway there... :lol:

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

Danny Jardine signs contract extension. Good stuff and let's hope for an injury free season ahead. 

Yes, I was pleased with that Tam. He's had an awful 12 months with injuries. He's replaced Handling as sub a few times, I wonder if there is room for 2 Danny's in the team. 

As expected, Brian, Innes and Cammy won't be renewing their loans, hope they move on to bigger and better things. Getting a decent keeper in for next season is imperative. 

My first post on the thread as I have decided to swap teams - I was a Hamilton Accies fan living in Edinburgh but I got very disappointed and disillusioned with the board and the way they ran the club so I’ve switched to Edinburgh City - for starters you win games lol - so as a new fan who can bring me up to speed with what is happening re the development at Meadowbank and has anyone got any updates on the web site coming back on & also season ticket prices for the new League 1 season? 

On 20/05/2022 at 22:55, RubyTuesday said:

Yes, I was pleased with that Tam. He's had an awful 12 months with injuries. He's replaced Handling as sub a few times, I wonder if there is room for 2 Danny's in the team. 

As expected, Brian, Innes and Cammy won't be renewing their loans, hope they move on to bigger and better things. Getting a decent keeper in for next season is imperative. 

A blow with Brian and Innes leaving.

Both Danny's are good players and totally different.  I would have both playing along with Tapping and there is the heart of the team. 

We are not miles off L1 strength as Montrose have shown.

We have better players than Clyde already. 

Lets enjoy the journey.

prorege again on nonleaguematters:

https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/edinburgh-city-back-to-meadowbank.4059/page-4

I have been told that the SPFL have rejected the New Meadowbank as a suitable venue. Significant work to be done to bring it up to standard.

What he leaves out is that they already have planning permission sorted for an additional stand on the far side so additional work is already expected to be done.

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/edinburgh-city-back-to-meadowbank.4059/page-4

I have been told that the SPFL have rejected the New Meadowbank as a suitable venue. Significant work to be done to bring it up to standard.

What he leaves out is that they already have planning permission sorted for an additional stand on the far side so additional work is already expected to be done.

Ironic to see a Cowden supporter slating Meadowbank as being an athletics stadium with a pitch in the middle.

3 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

SPFL Website lists City as playing at Meadowbank with a capacity of 16,500.

Which probably tells you everything you need to know about the knowledge inside the SPFL and the people (real or otherwise) that they choose to brief.  

Screenshot 2022-05-23 at 14.05.09.png

4 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Not fully up to speed on the requirements for SPFL use but I always thought Bronze was a pretty low bar, pretty concerning if we're tripping over it! As you say planning permission in place but I've not heard anything about when the work would take place. My assumption was it would be a while.

Interesting to see how this develops - our player of the year stuff is all at Meadowbank so the club clearly confident we're moving.

6 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

I imagine he is going on what is currently there.

It would be hard going having the new stand in place for the start of the season.

image.png.223ec4be05f0a57c29295fbc4e6406c1.png

That's from the application on the council site - mentions regulatory requirements which I hadn't picked up on previously. Also, there's little to no groundwork required so depending on materials/labour etc. it should go up in about a week.