Edinburgh City

I see that Mark Kerr has been appointed your interim assistant.

He made the step up to management at Ayr but never really seemed comfortable or confident in the role. Maybe going from player to manager at the same club made it more difficult for him but he wanted us to play football the right way, he just didn’t have the players to do it and got a bit lost at the end.

Most Ayr fans were disappointed for him that it didn’t work out in the end. 

Hopefully he’ll prove himself in Edinburgh, seems to be one of the games good guys. 

2 hours ago, Jute said:

Alan Maybury as interim manager. Both former Dons. Any particular reason they are just interim appointments?

Maybe just to see how they go until the end of the season or maybe looking at someone who isn’t available now.

4 hours ago, Jute said:

Alan Maybury as interim manager. Both former Dons. Any particular reason they are just interim appointments?

I thought it was the link with James McDonough but seen he had left to go back to hibs. Both them were player/coaches at Falkirk under him and Houston.

On 20/03/2022 at 07:10, Clayhole Blue said:

Anyone know if City are planning to continue with the Friday night gig after this season?

As a Stranraer fan based in Edinburgh it doesn’t impact me, but for anyone coming to an away game from the likes of Stranraer, Elgin or Forfar it’s just a bloody nuisance.

From a City fans’ POV has it had a positive impact, e.g. on attendances?

And will the refurbished Meadowbank Stadium be ready for the start of the 2022/23 season ?

3 hours ago, Robert James said:

And will the refurbished Meadowbank Stadium be ready for the start of the 2022/23 season ?

3 hours ago, Robert James said:

I imagine it very much depends on the SPFL allowing them to use the one stand.

6 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

At present the main stand has a capacity of 499 seats but the view will be horrific as it contains 3 rows. Planning permission for the 2nd stand has been applied for but not signed off by the Clowncil. I haven't seen any suggestion that both stands need to be completed for the SPFL to sign it off and allow City to play there. 

6 minutes ago, RubyTuesday said:

At present the main stand has a capacity of 499 seats but the view will be horrific as it contains 3 rows. Planning permission for the 2nd stand has been applied for but not signed off by the Clowncil. I haven't seen any suggestion that both stands need to be completed for the SPFL to sign it off and allow City to play there. 

I’m not sure they would allow such a low capacity especially if you got promoted.

6 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Surely it just depends on whether it meets entry licensing criteria (cover for 100 etc) and has a safety certificate? 

53 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

I’m not sure they would allow such a low capacity especially if you got promoted.

Have they seen our crowds lately.... :whistle

It would be odd if we got the kb and Bonnyrigg got promoted with the facilities at the Estadio Nuevo Dundas.

2 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Surely it just depends on whether it meets entry licensing criteria (cover for 100 etc) and has a safety certificate? 

Who knows the SPFL seem to be more going than the SFL ever were.

Sure it reaches entry level but I’m not convinced that they would be happy with such a low capacity.

Nothing in spfl rules over capacity.  Only requirements are of licensing as you go up the leagues, with floodlights also being a slight factor(let’s be realistic nobody is going to not upgrade their floodlights if asked) which are slightly above the licence requirements for the lower leagues.

On the ground itself, surely it couldn’t be too hard to have removable perimeter fencing to allow some standing room? Could add a few hundred to the capacity.

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

On the ground itself, surely it couldn’t be too hard to have removable perimeter fencing to allow some standing room? Could add a few hundred to the capacity.

Great idea, particularly behind the goals. A long way for the players to run if there are no ball boys/girls. Lots of people at the Stadio Del Ainslie Park prefer to stand anyway, particularly on the Grassy Knoll before they shut that down. 

However as we've had zero information from the Clowncil and ECFC about the move to Meadowbank since the turn of the year (other than it's not happening this season) I'd be a dead man if I held my breath about this. 

AFAIK there's no maximum regulation on run off areas or how long the ball is expected to be retuned to play, i think that's the refs responsibility to control and add appropriate.

Not going to comment too much on the club(other than they'll always struggle until they at minimum become primarily lease holders on a venue they are in a tough position,  But it certainly looks like since the redevoplment was first though of football/EC was at best a badly considered afterthought .

Edited by parsforlife

2 hours ago, parsforlife said:

AF|IK there's no maximum regulation on run off areas or how long the ball is expected to be retuned to play, i think that's the refs responsibility to control and add appropriate.

Not going to comment too much on the club(other than they'll always struggle until they at minimum become primarily lease holders on a venue they are in a tough position,  But it certainly looks like since the redevoplment was first though of football/EC was at best a badly considered aftethought.

It's not just the "Citizens" but also the citizens that are a badly considered afterthought whenever Edinburgh Council plans anything. 

Personally I'd have landmines hidden on the running track to make athletics more interesting. 

14 hours ago, RubyTuesday said:

Great idea, particularly behind the goals. A long way for the players to run if there are no ball boys/girls. Lots of people at the Stadio Del Ainslie Park prefer to stand anyway, particularly on the Grassy Knoll before they shut that down. 

However as we've had zero information from the Clowncil and ECFC about the move to Meadowbank since the turn of the year (other than it's not happening this season) I'd be a dead man if I held my breath about this. 

Or Kennedy Corner as it is also known...

1 hour ago, City Jacobite said:

Why did we get rid of a good manager who was guiding us into the play offs?  There was no sense in it.  

Yep. Looked like we put out a strong team today. Ending the game with 9 men isn't a great start for the new man. 

3 hours ago, RubyTuesday said:

Yep. Looked like we put out a strong team today. Ending the game with 9 men isn't a great start for the new man. 

Referee was reminiscent of one of those South of Scotland FA fuds we used to get whenever we played Annan or Gretna away in the EOSL and who always favoured the home team. 

I'm not saying Elgin didn't deserve to win and they took the game to us from the kick off, hitting the bar early on when they should have scored and their keeper had very little to do today but the man in the middle was shockingly bad. 

*Travis gets booked for handball when trying to avoid the ball. He then stupidly clatters Hester on the centre line and deservedly gets booked. Unfortunately it's a second yellow. Hester receives treatment from the physio after rolling about on the pitch and is heard to say "Was he booked then?" 

*Elgin player cynically clatters a Ed City player. Gets a talking to, no card. If it was an Ed City player it was likely they'd have been booked. 

*Ouzy's shirt is pulled in the box. No penalty. 

* Edinburgh City player is fouled. Free kick goes to Elgin. Our players protest and Crane is booked for dissent. This proves costly as Crane gets a second yellow later on. I don't have much time for dissent to be honest so it was a stupid booking in the first place. 

*Ouzy flicks the ball over a defender, runs onto it and flicks it over the Elgin keeper. Goal chalked off for high feet..

*Right on time Logan gets booked for a mistimed challenge. It was not a malicious or deliberate foul. 

Just as well Kelty won the League today as we might have been facing a hounding on Friday. If Stenny can't overhaul City during this slump then they're as bad as us. The 4th place race: two bald men fighting over a comb.