Edinburgh City

9 hours ago, Thom & Gerry said:

Not sure what other line is about, possibly as previously explained.

It's almost certainly since BBC haven't realised SPFL1 and SPFL2 are playing full 36-game campaigns.

Last season, due to the long stoppage, they split into 5/5 after 18-games.

1 hour ago, Chefki Kuqi said:

Seemingly a new link-up with Hibs according to the latter stages of this: https://twitter.com/bobbynwanze_/sta...689797124?s=21

Makes sense to me, Campbell prospered last season and we've had a couple of players head your way in recent memory either on loan or permanently. 

We'll take Porto back for 6 months...

7 hours ago, Chefki Kuqi said:

Seemingly a new link-up with Hibs according to the latter stages of this: https://twitter.com/bobbynwanze_/sta...689797124?s=21

Makes sense to me, Campbell prospered last season and we've had a couple of players head your way in recent memory either on loan or permanently. 

Depends on how it's handled. If it's only a handfull of the very best players fine.

If we effectively become a Hibs B team with 6/7/8 players I don't think i'd be on board with it.

Any Citizens heading to Kelty tomorrow? I think those that are going are jumping on a x56 bus over to Kelty at 12 noon and heading to The King's bar for a couple of pints before the game.

I don't hold out much hope of a victory, all things considered, and would bite your hand off for a point right now, but hoping it will be a cracking away day. Likelihood is we won't be at the ground next season so need to tick this one off personally!

Edited by Pete83

Be interesting to see how Stirling gets on at this level. I would regard him as our worst player.

He's bit of a utility player, has played at right back, centre back and holding midfield for us, none of which he has played well. So if nothing else, can plug a hole if you are lacking in those areas.

20 minutes ago, Laid-back Accie said:

Be interesting to see how Stirling gets on at this level. I would regard him as our worst player.

Worst player in a Premier League team would still be quite decent in a mid League 2 team. Happy to have him in the squad. 

So farewell then...

Ryan Goodfellow: perhaps unlucky to be injured early on, losing his place to Schwake, but them's the breaks. Coming soon to the Lowland League?

Michael McFarlane: didn't look too bad pre-season so we signed him. A bit lightweight perhaps for League 2 and was mainly a bum on a seat. File under "East of Scotland League"

Allan Smith isn't extending his contract either. I like Smithy but he's suffered from injuries too. I feel he could do a job for someone though if he stayed fit 

4 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:

City sign  Ben Stirling on loan from Accies . Worst defender I have seen. Heart of a mouse and zero ability. Good luck guys.

Well, in the summer transfer window Gary Naysmith cleared out five of our best players......and replaced them with well, average players.

At least Today, with the departures of Chris Kane, Goodfellow and the two young St.Johnstone loan guys, he's clearing out those average players,.... AND apparently replacing them with..... more average players,  if our Accies friends are to be believed! 🤔

Edited by Tenkay

14 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Pity we're in the Championship then.

Yep I get that Patrick. But he played for you in the Premiership last season. 

Life is different at our level. Massive turnover of players. 8 months ago we were in the play offs and out of the 18 players in the squad that day, only 5 remain with the club and 3 of those are crocked.  

If Ben Stirling is not even League 2 quality as you say, then we'll soon find out. 

Edited by RubyTuesday

On 14/01/2022 at 11:29, Pete83 said:

I don't hold out much hope of a victory, all things considered, and would bite your hand off for a point right now

I'd prefer to keep my hand, thank you, but no doubt you're a happy man! Equaliser in the third minute of Celtic time, too!