Edinburgh City

22 minutes ago, Pete83 said:

Well, that would coincide with City putting a tweet out suggesting a player or staff member being appointment is coming soon.

What's the lad like? I'm hopeful of any lad who is in and around Championship level would adapt and do OK in League Two. Seems he had a random stint in Spain as well...

They tweeted an image of our ground with the Cordoba stadium photoshopped over it which is one of McDonald's former clubs. Unfortunately his time with us has been blighted by injury and a tendency to never really be fully fit.  He typically played wide right for us and he did score this excellent goal against Morton but sadly he was seldom fit enough to really claim a regular starting spot.

22 hours ago, Pete83 said:

Hi John,

100% this will be at Ainslie Park mate... move not happening until March/April/May/June/Next Season/ 2027.... *insert preference*

Cheers,

Pete

Cheers mate. Seems awfae like our season at Ochilview waiting for Forthbank to be ready after we were forced to leave Annfield by teams like Alloa, Stenny, Forfar, Montrose, Falkirk, Airdrie, Hamilton etc voting to get rid of astroturf pitches.

The date kept on getting moved back and we only got the final three home games at the new ground managing to avoid relegation from the old 1st Division with a week to spare.

17 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

An extra line is there by mistake would be my guess. There was a 5-5 split on how last season unfolded to reach 22 games so maybe they didn't take the line for that out.

The League One table is the same.

1 hour ago, GordonD said:

What is the significance of the line below City in the table? Obviously the line below Stirling marks the playoff spots but what does the other one mean?

Table.jpg

It’s to indicate that in the event of the team at the top of the league going bust, the team in 5th place will move into a playoff place..

5 minutes ago, nofixedability said:

Believe it was Michael Travis ?

I can't confirm this but the boy with no name is waving at the (transfer) window while wondering "why does it always rain on me".

The invisible band of City supporters did sing when the goal was scored.

2 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

They also had the 5-5 format to reach 22 games last season:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020–21_Scottish_Professional_Football_League

So basically you're saying that the BBC doesn't give a rat's arse about Scottish football other than the arsecheeks so can't be bothered to check things?

Wow, I am surprised.

3 hours ago, GordonD said:

What is the significance of the line below City in the table? Obviously the line below Stirling marks the playoff spots but what does the other one mean?

Table.jpg

3 hours ago, GordonD said:

Table.jpg

The line below Edinburgh marks the play off spots. 2nd, 3rd. 4th and 2nd bottom of Div 1. Not sure what other line is about, possibly as previously explained.