Edinburgh City

2 hours ago, stranraerfc1870 said:

Can you suggest a pub nearby to watch the Scotland game before heading to Ainslie Park? 

There's the Queensberry Bowling Club under a 10 min walk from the ground and can be accessed fro. City Centre on the number 8 bus. I'd give them a call first to see if they are showing it. They are good for letting non-members in. A few of us City fans have used it before and its a good pint at a reasonable price. 

There is also Mathers at the West End. There is a 113 bus stop outside Mathers and that will take you on a quick bus journey to Crew Toll where you can walk over the bridge and down the cycle path and Ainslie Park is on the left after a few minutes of walking. Mathers can get busy with the Friday after work crowd so getting there early is imperative for any sort of spot at the bar. 

The Village Hotel chain across the road from Morrsions will have the game on. Make sure you've got deep pockets. It's the closest place for a drink near AP but we always give it the swerve due to the pricing in there.

2 hours ago, Good Citizen Bad Citizen said:

There's the Queensberry Bowling Club under a 10 min walk from the ground and can be accessed fro. City Centre on the number 8 bus. I'd give them a call first to see if they are showing it. They are good for letting non-members in. A few of us City fans have used it before and its a good pint at a reasonable price. 

There is also Mathers at the West End. There is a 113 bus stop outside Mathers and that will take you on a quick bus journey to Crew Toll where you can walk over the bridge and down the cycle path and Ainslie Park is on the left after a few minutes of walking. Mathers can get busy with the Friday after work crowd so getting there early is imperative for any sort of spot at the bar. 

The Village Hotel chain across the road from Morrsions will have the game on. Make sure you've got deep pockets. It's the closest place for a drink near AP but we always give it the swerve due to the pricing in there.

will the game be streamed

At least we'll get some local away days. 

No, in all seriousness if we don't put some sort of consistent form together then I fear for the worst. 
I've not seen any of your games, but these sort of posts seem a bit over the top, no?

You don't need consistent form, you probably only need one win in six to stay above Cowden considering the lead you've already got and the fact that we're already a third of the way through the season.

7 hours ago, tamthebam said:

As far as I know the Tap doesn't show football as it's a rugby wankers pub. 

Good pint though. 

Oh come on! It’s about the worst pint in Edinburgh you scamp. 

The Tic is the best bar in Stockbridge and will show the football - The Baillie a close second. Sadly the Doo’cot is shut but there’s always The Ferry Boat 👍🏽

14 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

I've not seen any of your games, but these sort of posts seem a bit over the top, no?

You don't need consistent form, you probably only need one win in six to stay above Cowden considering the lead you've already got and the fact that we're already a third of the way through the season.

It might sound hyperbolic but the performances have genuinely been that poor. Without Schwake, we'd be a lot closer to the bottom. He's won us at least 7-9 points with his performances. We were outplayed in the recent draw with Cowdenbeath and, but for their profligacy and Schwake, would've comfortably lost. We've still 3 games against them, 2 at Central Park, where we rarely play well.

As you point out, we've points on the board but make no mistake, we're very, very poor and have been all season. Our concerns arent knee jerk either - they've been stated here and elsewhere since the start of the season.

On 12/11/2021 at 22:50, B75 said:

Good 3 points. Rode our luck a bit in the second half though. Two excellent goals from Robbo.

His second goal is actually better than the first. He lays the ball back to Murray and then immediately runs to find space in the 6 yard box, he's not the tallest lad but plants a great header off of the bar. Early days but we might just have a striker on our hands...

On 12/11/2021 at 22:50, B75 said:

Good 3 points. Rode our luck a bit in the second half though. Two excellent goals from Robbo.

Good performance and could have had more as we had a goal chalked off and missed a penalty too!  Maybe 5-3 would have been fair.  Decent entertainment. 

We just need to keep mid table and with a full squad - go for the play offs after the turn of the year.  

Well done the team, manager and staff.  

1 hour ago, City Jacobite said:

We just need to keep mid table and with a full squad - go for the play offs after the turn of the year. 

Naysmith, if being truthful and not a bit of opposition mind games, said 'months' for a few of the injuries. Robbie confirmed he's out until at least February, in his programme notes.

The heart of the defence is a real concern. Balls straight down the middle could've cost more than one goal.

Hopefully get our 3rd win on the bounce tonight. Hopefully Naysmith will make me swallow my own criticism of his tenure in charge and prove me wrong. Had a trip planned but we sacked it off in the end. Fair play to anyone travelling up to that outpost on a Tuesday. 

Come on City. Let's really get this season going. Last couple of weeks have been much more positive. 

7 hours ago, Good Citizen Bad Citizen said:

Come on City. Let's really get this season going. Last couple of weeks have been much more positive. 

Well said, the team have looked a lot better the last couple of games. I see Gary's put out a very strong team tonight with 9 on the subs bench. Three points tonight would put us third with a winnable cup game on Saturday. 

(I realise that is the kiss of death, but we can all dream.....)

I'll take that point last night considering it's an away game at Elgin on a Tuesday.

I'm hopeful that things are on the up a bit more now given that's a return of 7 points following the abysmal performance at home to Albion Rovers. This league, besides Kelty Hearts dominance and inevitable title win, appears to be wide open and clearly if you string a few results together which most seem capable of, it can catapult you up the table.

Fingers crossed that Robbo keeps up his current run of form and we pick up no more injuries elsewhere. Perhaps a little revisiting of the playing squad in January and some re-enforcement's will allow us to kick on and begin securing a Play-off spot.

A break from the league action this weekend as well with a very winnable tie "away" to LTHV. Looking forward to Saturday!