Edinburgh City

In fairness, it's quite nice to wake up on a Saturday morning with 3 points already secured. Can just kind of get on with your weekend with a wee skip in your step.

Think that's as good a goalkeeping performance as I've seen from a City keeper. Absolutely flawless 

Feel good today and just watched Stenny's highlights.  Never a penalty in my view and justice was done with the save.  

Happy to win at home and will  take a few more of those in the coming weeks.  Young team grew in confidence as the game progressed and were good to watch moving forward in spells of the game.  Content with the progress.   

Watched the highlights back last night. My eyes did not deceive me at the game, we rode our luck big time. Without trying to put a negative spin on things, we really need to close down quicker in the wider areas. Hopefully we really tighten up the defence for our trip to Kelty on Saturday. Schwake's a very good goalkeeper and In my opinion he has cemented himself as number one after that performance, he certainly has a safer pair of hands then some of the goalies we've had in recent years  (bar Joshua Rae). I still can't fathom how Robertson didn't make it 2-0, it would have calmed my nerves if he stuck that away. 

On a positive note I'd say we will be ok if we can make our home games count, they will be crucial this season. Was quite impressed with the support the other night, quite vocal in stages and was pleasing to see some new faces in City scarves at the ground. 

Good Citizen Bad Citizen has taken a few from the top of a rickety ladder overlooking the fence around the ground and may post them on here if he can be arsed..

I would take some photos myself but I don't even have the ladder

1 hour ago, Drifter said:

Are there any pictures yet of how the new Meadowbank is looking? I've tried searching for some, but to no avail, and would love to see what's happened to the old place

46 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Good Citizen Bad Citizen has taken a few from the top of a rickety ladder overlooking the fence around the ground and may post them on here if he can be arsed..

He put some on Twitter tonight.

@ashwilsonauthor

3 hours ago, Drifter said:

Are there any pictures yet of how the new Meadowbank is looking? I've tried searching for some, but to no avail, and would love to see what's happened to the old place

To be honest until the new 'football' stand is built on the opposite side from the sports centre, I've a feeling it's going to be a grim place to watch a game.

It's our home though and i'm sure the club will be working on ways to improve the matchday experience for everyone.

4 hours ago, tamthebam said:

No ladder used here mate. Just old-fashioned climbing skills and a bit of balance with my phone in one hand whilst holding on to the top of a very flimsy fence with the other. 

Couple of pics below. Think the first turnstile hut is built. Well, unless I've mistaken it for where the builders go for a jobby.

20210815_184512.jpg

20210815_184328.jpg

2 hours ago, ARFC Exile said:

To be honest until the new 'football' stand is built on the opposite side from the sports centre, I've a feeling it's going to be a grim place to watch a game.

It's our home though and i'm sure the club will be working on ways to improve the matchday experience for everyone.

It will be a bit grim from a viewing point until the second stand is built, but as you said, it's home, and the reward at the end after seeing it grow slowly into a top facility will be worth the wait(I hope). 

I only stay 10 minutes walk from Meadowbank. I'll need to get along and see how it's going, I've only passed it in the car/bus along London Road.

Am I right in thinking that the pitch is going to be in roughly the same place as before ?

9 hours ago, Good Citizen Bad Citizen said:

Think the first turnstile hut is built. Well, unless I've mistaken it for where the builders go for a jobby.

20210815_184328.jpg

I see the TARDIS's chameleon circuit has been fixed.

11 hours ago, ARFC Exile said:

11 hours ago, tamthebam said:

They're going to make sure the stand doesn't face the pitch?!

There used to be a venetian blinds shop in Marionville Road - think they advertised in the Thistle programme for a while.

There were times when we felt like asking them for a quote to fit one over the front of the stand.

1 hour ago, the tin man said:

Well a see James has moved on to hibs academy horrible decision to move him upstairs. Must have been hard for him watching his play off squad get dismantled 1 by 1. Clubs won a game so they release it now imagine they released it during the albion rovers and forfar defeats

Not surprised he's away but he was looking for a full time role so the only way we could accommodate that was move him upstairs. Clearly not the right fit for him.

As I've said previously, the recruitment has been crap but I don't buy it all being on Naysmith. If he was the sole voice on transfers then that's a ludicrous situation that the club should not have allowed so they would have to take some stick! If he's not the sole voice then blame needs to be spread around. 

1 hour ago, Proposition Joe said:

I only stay 10 minutes walk from Meadowbank. I'll need to get along and see how it's going, I've only passed it in the car/bus along London Road.

Am I right in thinking that the pitch is going to be in roughly the same place as before ?

You can see the pitch from the other side (Marionville Road) through the trees and aye exactly the same spot, the pitch has been in place for ages actually

13 hours ago, ARFC Exile said:

I think the plan is to do more with the matchday experience. From what I've seen online and talking to others, the Council are essentially giving the club as much free reign to make it theirs. Chat of fanzones etc, all of which they're unable to do at AP. I dare say it'll feel a lot more welcoming and friendly, which will help too.

1 hour ago, the tin man said:

Well a see James has moved on to hibs academy horrible decision to move him upstairs. Must have been hard for him watching his play off squad get dismantled 1 by 1. Clubs won a game so they release it now imagine they released it during the albion rovers and forfar defeats

Bit of a kick in the balls this one. Always felt he was shunted out, to make way for Naysmith, who then tore the team apart. Little wonder he'd look elsewhere.

I'm not sure whats going on with the club just now. Looks a little like there's a lack of direction at the present time.

Edited by FatboyFatFTS

The "turnstiles" are obviously just another mysterious black monolith to replace the one that was there before!

The black monolith in 2001 brought the idea civilization to simple ape like creatures as they smashed each other in with bones. The Meadowbank one failed to do this for Clyde fans..

18 hours ago, ARFC Exile said:

https://keltyhearts.co.uk/kelty-hearts-v-edinburgh-city-matchday-information/

Info for those going on Saturday. No live stream available.

Disappointing there's no stream. Still many uncomfortable travelling around the country or have commitments that mean they wouldnt get there in time. Very easy way to get extra revenue too.