Edinburgh City

27 minutes ago, qpfc said:

How was Liam Brown for Edinburgh this season? Thought he had signed a new deal but rumours are he’s going to be signing for QP now?

I believe he is signed for another season with Edinburgh City.

Also he's not good enough for Queens Park anyway,  so I'd go and look elsewhere for your new signings.  Nothing to see here!

3 hours ago, Chris_the_rover said:

I would be surprised if he's your number 1, was a decent keeper, but better out there.

very quickly lost his place at rovers when the new manager came in.

We've released three keepers so must be signing at least one more to compete for the number 1 Jersey

On 02/06/2021 at 18:21, tamthebam said:

Pre season friendlies against Gala (at Womersley's Folly, yeh!) on 26th June, Bonnyrigg at New Dundas on 29th June and...err.. Rangers B in Glasgow on 3rd July.

Are we taking the Arsecheeks' Shilling with that last one....? :unsure::whistle

Tut tut.

11 hours ago, Chris_the_rover said:

I would be surprised if he's your number 1, was a decent keeper, but better out there very quickly lost his place at rovers when the new manager came in,

Wasn't the best when playing for berwick before us

He only played once for us in a Challenge Cup game against East Fife when he scored an own goal.

The City manager will know him well as they were at East Fife at the same time.

20 minutes ago, Chris_the_rover said:

Possibly Harry Stone from Hearts on loan?

To keep him in the capital would make sense

Think he’s going on loan to a Championship/League 1 team that’s part time so he can still train with Craig Gordon and get his game time at a higher level than League 2.

We’ve already had 2x offers from Championship teams and my guess is that he will go to Arbroath on loan.

31 minutes ago, DontForgetToBringATaouil said:

Think he’s going on loan to a Championship/League 1 team that’s part time so he can still train with Craig Gordon and get his game time at a higher level than League 2.

We’ve already had 2x offers from Championship teams and my guess is that he will go to Arbroath on loan.

Makes sense stepping up to a higher league, has already proven himself at L2 level, time to do the same higher up and Arbroath would be a good step for him.

He only played once for us in a Challenge Cup game against East Fife when he scored an own goal.
The City manager will know him well as they were at East Fife at the same time.
Ahhhh that makes sense why he went to city after us then, I though it was strange him going to one of the better teams in the league

He set some sort of record playing with east fife

Like I said he was decent with us, however he conceeded 5 away to dunfermline one night and went off injured all before half time, I never really trusted him after that

2 minutes ago, Chris_the_rover said:

Ahhhh that makes sense why he went to city after us then, I though it was strange him going to one of the better teams in the league

He set some sort of record playing with east fife

Like I said he was decent with us, however he conceeded 5 away to dunfermline one night and went off injured all before half time, I never really trusted him after that

I was at that game against the Pars.

Just now, Bay Citizen said:

It’s now officially announced that Liam Brown has signed for Queen’s Park. I’m starting to get the fear for next season.

Hopefully a lot of signings are imminent.

I assume he did well for you?

14 minutes ago, Bay Citizen said:

Easily mine and I’d probably say most other City fans player of the season. A bit gutted as I thought I read he was staying on but maybe QP came in with an offer.

It appears he signed the extension of a 1 year deal but there was a release clause in the contract that QP activated.

This one feels like a ball shot for the club to be honest. Always a risk of losing the lad, but I was delighted a few weeks back when he was retained. I'm starting to feel a little less excited for the season, depending on what players are coming in, especially given what Kelty appear to building already.

Hopefully there's a couple of aces up the sleeve...

Edited by Pete83

13 minutes ago, Pete83 said:

It appears he signed the extension of a 1 year deal but there was a release clause in the contract that QP activated.

This one feels like a ball shot for the club to be honest. Always a risk of losing the lad, but I was delighted a few weeks back when he was retained. I'm starting to feel a little less excited for the season, depending on what players are coming in, especially given what Kelty appear to building already.

Hopefully there's a couple of aces up the sleeve...

https://queensparkfc.co.uk/queens-park-make-history-with-new-signing/

Just spotted this, signed for an undisclosed fee.

Gutted Liam Brown is away but far too good for L2 and you can’t ask guys to turn down a shot at full time.

As others have said, lots and lots of work required to get the squad in shape.

9 minutes ago, AllyMonc said:

Gutted Liam Brown is away but far too good for L2 and you can’t ask guys to turn down a shot at full time.

As others have said, lots and lots of work required to get the squad in shape.

First player QP have paid a transfer fee for so at least you got some dosh.