Edinburgh City

56 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Considering who are below you now I would say you are pretty much safe now guy's. You can relax and enjoy the season now... Well done City"

There's a wee team called C***e below us now! I just like saying that! :lol: :P

I don't think we can ever relax as things can change rapidly in this division. Still, I'm happy for James, Beats and Colin and it looks like things are beginning to gel with the team. I'll say the whole team is looking good after two wins but I'll pick out some players: Beats was great at the back on Tuesday, wee Callum has been putting in a great shift in midfield, Tena is coming into some good form,. Shepherd is looking sharp and Big Pat is God. 

There's a couple of toughies coming up- Mo at home and they're a good team and Stirling away- a team looking for promotion and a ground we never seem to do particularly well at. For the moment I've got a smile on my coruscating coupon though...  

Another big win. Are you feeling more confident in your chances of staying up now?

At the start of the season I didn't expect us to be scrapping at the bottom again (shows what I know) so for all I'm delighted we've picked up a few wins I'm far from confident.

How did edinburghs new loan player from Falkirk look the lad blues ? Where did he play 

He came on yesterday and looks a talented player, lovely touch and always asking for the ball. Our central midfield is pretty strong so not sure how much game time he'll get but you can see even in flashes why he's highly rated.

we've signed a midfielder (on loan, natch) from Dondeh United- Graham Taylor. 

The Arabs Official website says: (minus points for spelling "January" wrongly, lads)

Graham was born in Stirling and played for Cowie Colts as a boy.

Dedicated at a young age, he travelled to Dundee on a daily basis to attended the St John’s
School Project. After coming through the United Youth Academy, he signed a
professional contract in July 2015.

During the 2016-17 season his performances at Development level saw him promoted
to the first team squad for early matches in the Challenge Cup, and after being
an unused sub against Peterhead in September he made his competitive debut as a
substitute against Dunfermline in the quarter finals in November. He won the Man of the Match award at our televised IRN BRU Cup tie versus Linfield on 7 October 2017.

In Janaury 2018, Graham joined Edinburgh City on development loan until the end of the 2017/18 season.

10 hours ago, pidmoondo said:

Where's the best place to get a pint before the game near your new ground EC fans. Thanks 

There is a horribly expensive place at the end of Ferry Road but perhaps better to get a pint in Stockbridge (the Tap does a nice pint) or Spiers Bar near the junction of Ferry Road and Inverleith Row. Both are a bit of a hike from the ground though. 

Or pretend to be posh, inbred and a fan of egg-chasing and try and sneak into the Stewarts Melville social club....

Club Ball-coise Dun-Eideann Chathair were featured on BBC Alba tonight. 

Ochone! Ochone! 

socks.jpg.0f243f09001cfb1aa40253d69770ed13.jpg

Cò an caora sin còmhla riut a chunnaic mi an-raoir?
Who was that sheep I saw you with last night?

Cha b'e sin caora, 'se sin mo chèile a bha innte!
That was no sheep, that was my spouse!

www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/our-region/edinburgh/hotel-and-restaurants-mooted-for-meadowbank-stadium-overhaul-1-4673709

Not much new in the article but the plan's for the new stadium are now on the council planning site. The concerns about the new stand seem to have been listened to. It looks like there will be three rows of seats running the full length of the pitch rather than the stand being located at the finishing line as was originally suggested