Edinburgh City

That was quite the seethe you had going on there! 
Agreed Allan should have stayed on the park, Beattie's was done long before the end. 
Whilst we were the better side in the second half same couldn't be said of the first half, Cowden should been at least level. The park is difficult at this time of the season and both sides struggled on it today.

I've calmed down now but goodness me that goal was preventable

Well having missed a few games I see nothing has changed. Same old same old and it appears that the manager is scared of making mistakes. City have been criticised for not scoring and still 2 players, Riordan and Guthrie, who have recently scored 4 goals between them and worked well together at Spartans game don't play. Not sure there was much between teams but in ladt minute city lost the chance to go above Berwick on GD. Management team lack imagination and courage.

Nice to finally meet Mr Blobby from here in person:)

The proverbial game of 2 halves Cowden better 1st City in the 2nd. Twice we've scored injury time equalisers this season done the same at Berwick. Renton likes scoring against the City:lol:

Nice to finally meet Mr Blobby from here in person[emoji4]
The proverbial game of 2 halves Cowden better 1st City in the 2nd. Twice we've scored injury time equalisers this season done the same at Berwick. Renton likes scoring against the City[emoji38]

I noticed. [emoji35]

1 minute ago, cowdenbeath said:

On the other side of the coin Dougie Gair and Josh Walker have both scored twice against us. Still not lost an away game against City since October 1937:P

Were you at that one?

Good wee video from the young City fan and his view on the game although he forgot to show Renton's goal:lol:

Also while I remember a nice wee touch at the end I noticed as the young players who played at half time all got certificates thanking them for supporting City. A small thing in the main but something which could keep the young lads interest in the club.

If Beattie had went for the ball at the end he would have been in an off side position given Cowden a free kick and a chance to get the ball up the park and get the equaliser. Instead City let it go for a throw in which they should have squeezed the game up and seen the game out.

City's MOTM today has to go to the referee, denied beath to good shouts for penalties in the 1st half he also gave them one which was the more doubtful of the three, good save from the keeper, beath should have taken the lead when the ball was laid on a plate for the player to hit the back of the net but sliced it big time, City's goal had a good bit of luck to it but you take it, 2nd half i felt that beath were denied another penalty at the left side of the box, the ref had a shocker to be fair today but it was to City's advantage.

Beattie, he battles away, i will give him that, but he isn't much of a goal threat in games, one shot in the 1st half from outside the box that sailed over the bar, infact did City have a shot on target today, the goal doesn't count as it was a cross, 2nd half it was clear to see that he was struggling and looked like he was towing a caravan, he should have been replaced about the 60th minute and fresh legs brought on upfront to go for the 2nd goal and kill the game off, FFS there goalie looked like a young kid (i think he was) and he should have been tested with shots on goal but it didn't happen, City looked like they wanted to hold on to the 1 goal lead and see the game out and it backfired in the last few minutes when beath got the equaliser.

To be honest it was a very poor game of football today, pitch didn't help things either, lots of baubles and it looked like it hasn't seen water for a while as it seemed very hard when the bounce balled on it.

Could not agree more. As i said earlier two forwards on bench who have both scored more than Beattie lately and neither used as fresh legs. As you say Beattie was obviously struggling so what are the management team seeing if we can see it. Game was there for taking but wrong substitutions cost City the game. Sad really when you consider the points lost late in games as they could and should have been safe by now.

Scoring goals against non-league fodder (:lol:) is one thing but Guth hasn't scored in the League since August. The real guy we've been missing is Ouzzy See although he was a bit off the boil before his injury. 

Now we may have been fortunate to have been 1-0 up but it was a similar situation to the Montrose game at home- we were 1-0 up in that and lost a late goal. I'm a fair minded fan (who doesn't boo 9 year old ball boys unlike some fans) and I shall say that we deserved to draw both those games but on the other hand there are teams above us who've beaten us when they didn't deserve to and if we'd got the full points today and on 18th February we'd be above Berwick. 

Anyway the lesson is we can defend 3-0 leads but not 1-0 leads... 

Scoring goals against non-league fodder ([emoji38]) is one thing but Guth hasn't scored in the League since August. The real guy we've been missing is Ouzzy See although he was a bit off the boil before his injury. 
Now we may have been fortunate to have been 1-0 up but it was a similar situation to the Montrose game at home- we were 1-0 up in that and lost a late goal. I'm a fair minded fan (who doesn't boo 9 year old ball boys unlike some fans) and I shall say that we deserved to draw both those games but on the other hand there are teams above us who've beaten us when they didn't deserve to and if we'd got the full points today and on 18th February we'd be above Berwick. 
Anyway the lesson is we can defend 3-0 leads but not 1-0 leads... 

Fair assessment Tam. I don't think there was anything wrong with trying to defend the lead yesterday, City defended really well and Cowden looked completely out of ideas. Montrose was a bit different as they were battering us. Good to see a no bad crowd yesterday pity they got an absolutely honking game to watch.

I think in his post-match team talks, the Berwick Rangers' manager John Coughlin would have called this one a 'Get Out of Jail Free Card' for Cowdenbeath.

Good headline anyway.

Get Out of Jail Free Carddownload.jpg

Edited by Mr Blobby
Burning question from our Co-editor here. Why does the City cameraman always pull out the corner flag and carry it around with him at the end of the match? Target practice? Defence against assailants? Another Meadowbank Mystery to be solved.

13th and 20th May.

Cheers, I'm in Berlin on the 13th but I assume the league 2 club will be at home second leg so that's fine. Actually if it's Cowden in the playoff then I'd go along and support them. Deary me it's tight down there.