Edinburgh City

1 hour ago, Edinburgh City by name said:

Unfortunately not but a decent finish all the same from about 8-10 yards. Cut back to Deeks and a right footed finish into the net. Lewis Allen goal was decent as well, cut in from the left and unleashed a great strike.

Two good goals from both of them, but Lewis goal edges it, was a great finish, and both them getting assists as well, City were denied a stonewall penalty when Beattie was pulled from behind when he hit the post, linesman on that side was blind or bottled it to give the penalty.

Think in the end City deserved the win for the hard work they put in at the end of the game, they dug in and came away with the 3 points, thought Riordan was decent for someone who hasn't played much football of late, reads the game well and his passing and crossing was also good, and he managed the 90 minutes.

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

Forfar normally do highlights.

Not now, they won't want documentary evidence of them throwing the league in an attempt to be in the money-spinning playoffs.

Not now, they won't want documentary evidence of them throwing the league in an attempt to be in the money-spinning playoffs.

Aye and the sleekit Clyde are trying to steal the playoff bonanza from Cowden as well apparently.Its an outrage.

Hi guys! 
I'm an inverness caley fan living in edinburgh but im thinking of coming to your home games. What are admission prices? Do the fans meet up anymore before or afterwards? 

Cheers! 
Kevin

Hi Kevin. Admission prices are £12 Adults £6 concessions. We have a social very close to Meadowbank. I've provided a link to our website that has full details. Thanks http://www.edinburghcityfc.com

10 hours ago, Mocochinchi said:

Here's the ball hitting the back of the net for Lewis Allan's winner.  Taken by my 8 year-old son.  Only the two of us 'roughing it' behind the goal in the second half but a great view of the comeback!

IMG_2865.JPG

cracking photo- that's me, Kev and Colin out of a job then...!

4 hours ago, Loondave1 said:

Aye and the sleekit Clyde are trying to steal the playoff bonanza from Cowden as well apparently.Its an outrage.

Hopefully you'll get up one way or the other, Forfar & Alloa are my favourite away days of those currently in the seaside leagues.

5 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Hopefully you'll get up one way or the other, Forfar & Alloa are my favourite away days of those currently in the seaside leagues.

not that I'd want you relegated two divisions.... ;).. but I enjoyed my trip to Somerset earlier in the season! 

Our next two games are against Berwick and Clyde...

derek.png.2856186046fbf5ae314f2b62e7a9cb07.png

No, not Derek and Clive although I was down at Meadowbank the other day and this bloke comes up to me and says "You Spartans fan....".

So I hit him and he said "Oww, you Spartans fan" etc. etc.

I was at that Gala game.... :oops

What made me laugh was that AWOL named in their list of shame the programme editor (Mr Baxter) and the scoreboard operator (Mr Collie)! 

That was when Gala and Whitehill used to battle it out for East of Scotland Honours, City were obscure and Spartans were also-rans. 30 years on City are still obscure, Whitehill and Gala don't battle for honours as much anymore and Spartans are still also rans... :lol:

3 hours ago, tamthebam said:

What made me laugh was that AWOL named in their list of shame the programme editor (Mr Baxter) and the scoreboard operator (Mr Collie)! 

.. :lol:

Yes, sadly in such a small Fanzine - as is, Go Tell The Spartans -  there's only so much space... and things end up on the cutting room floor.

However, in this modern age, isn't that why we have Pie & Bovril to fill in all the gaps. (Sorry David. The Team of Everlasting Shame lives on... otherwise it wouldn't be known as everlasting :lol:) Mind you, there's still a week to go before the publishing date and I'm sure The Team of Everlasting Shame' could be squeezed in somewhere which is more than can be said for Andy :shutup.

img102.jpg

Edited by Mr Blobby
Doesn't that person on the far left look like the spitting image of Alick Milne - now currently employed as turnstile operator and programme editor of The Citizen?

Another feature from AWOL #8 - The Christmas Edition - that didn't make the cut was the excellent action photo of Andy 'Bounce' McDonald playing centre forward for Meadowbank Team '85 steaming in on goal. Look at that crime count table too. 'Nil points' for Meadowbank Team 'B'. Surely Grant Collie was fiddling with the figures again which is more than can be said for the picture of Andy :lol: (I wonder what he's doing now :whistle)

img103.jpg

Edited by Mr Blobby
That's on Page 52 as well. No wonder these AWOL fanzines took so long to produce. AWOL #8 had 56 pages in total.

Yet another feature from AWOL #8 - The Christmas Edition - that didn't quite make the cut (if you'll pardon the pun) is the cut-out Referee doll from the back page. 

That is something that, I'm sure, would go down well with our younger readers on the back page of future editions of The Citizen. (By the way, did anyone notice the hoards of referees sitting up in the grandstand at Meadowbank for the midweek game with Berwick Rangers? Must have been about 20 to 30 of them gathered in the corporate white seats at the back. Some famous ones were pointed out to us by a knowledgeable fan but I didn't have my camera with me as I came straight from work that night).

img104.jpg

Edited by Mr Blobby
A few minor alterations would be required to bring the feature up to date. namely the address of the SFA from Park Gardens to Hampden Park.

At least the other results went our way. The dream (well my personal dream) was finishing above Clyde but looks like I'll be cheering them on on Tuesday against Cowden. Sounds like we make a few stupid mistakes today.